No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222898
03/21/21 05:55 PM
03/21/21 05:55 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Face it this country is so upside down it's not funny.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7222909
03/21/21 06:12 PM
03/21/21 06:12 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Ryan McLeod
Get someone a video camera and post the constructive messages to YouTube. Posting there is free and it reaches a lot of people.

No where near what main stream tv is. I have a ton of ideas for commercials but I don’t have the money it would take for the media to run them or sue them for charging me more for air time because they don’t like the message.

I think there is too much money spent on trying to get politicians in line and not enough on educating the voting public.

-Goofy-
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222929
03/21/21 06:32 PM
03/21/21 06:32 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Why all the insults?

Remember an education campaign aimed at children called "say no to drugs?" How did that work out for you? Children can and do make poor choices regardless of how much education is thrown at them. A good example might be why we start teaching them to operate motor vehicles on public roads at around 16 and not 8.

And I meant insecure.

An unloaded, locked up gun is of great use when that home invasion happens. I’m certain your wife and daughter will ask their therapist why you even have a gun.

We tend to focus on home invasions... That's not the only reason for handy access to guns. I live in town and we get the occasional unfriendly stray dog... even a coyote trying to help himself to the wife's chickens. We have an ordinance about discharging firearms within city limits with an exception where life and property are concerned.

There are guns throughout my household. And my youngest can tell you where most of them are, what caliber they are... and (not kidding here) probably what grain bullet is in the cartridge and what powder we used to load them. Next to me she is probably the most knowledgeable about firearms in the house. Maybe more than my wife and boys. None of that is by accident. Teaching safety and responsibility doesn't have to be a chore. They'll eat up any time spent with them.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222947
03/21/21 06:45 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
.[/quote]

I would never live where the risk of a home invasion required me to have a loaded firearm. Never mind have my family live with that risk.
[/quote]

Sadly for some there is not a choice of where they live, but I am with you on sentiment and then again don’t think just because you live out in the boondocks your safe, a few years ago there was a rash of home invasions here all at homes out in the county, and that targeted remote or isolated houses, sad thing is when they were finally caught turned out to be a pair of deputies

Crime out in the county is on the rise largely because it’s seen as safer by the criminals, largely B&E but home invasion as well

Like others I was raised with loaded guns around so my opinion might be slanted but it’s my opinion you and others can have your own till you try to force your view on me and make me comply with it, which is what many of those currently in charge are trying to do, and I think it’s about to get very bad in this county, a year ago I would have thought you crazy for talking about a revolution but I think it’s coming, there are just to many with widely separated view and beliefs that I just don’t see how we can avoid it

I hope we do but BLM is gearing up for war and many others are as well so I think there is going to be several different groups all trying to grab power or hold on to what they already have

Bad times are coming

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7222948
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
They're trying to condition the population to warm up to a reasonable intrusion into your home. For the children.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Ryan McLeod] #7222965
03/21/21 07:11 PM
03/21/21 07:11 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Not sure exactly what to suggest there Danny but I think any action would have better results than a rant on trapperman. Get some organization going and educate the uneducated. You ever see the YouTube videos where a person gives straight facts to college students or people on the street who previously had no idea about a given topic but then they leave the conversation with a new outlook? Something along those lines would have better results. I get where you’re all coming from here but ranting on trapperman is preaching to those that have already heard the sermon a million times.

Do you really think YouTube would let you put anything on Gun related on there channel. Get real. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Getting There] #7223108
03/21/21 09:02 PM
03/21/21 09:02 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
Originally Posted by Getting There
Not sure exactly what to suggest there Danny but I think any action would have better results than a rant on trapperman. Get some organization going and educate the uneducated. You ever see the YouTube videos where a person gives straight facts to college students or people on the street who previously had no idea about a given topic but then they leave the conversation with a new outlook? Something along those lines would have better results. I get where you’re all coming from here but ranting on trapperman is preaching to those that have already heard the sermon a million times.

Do you really think YouTube would let you put anything on Gun related on there channel. Get real. JMO

I’ve posted over a hundred videos of hunting and trapping including choking out a lynx, shooting animals etc. What makes you think they won’t allow it? Have you even tried or are you just regurgitating stuff you’ve heard? Try posting one and see what happens. Don’t live in the shadow of conspiracy theories. It makes you look stupid to doubt stuff without even trying it first.

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7223119
03/21/21 09:11 PM
03/21/21 09:11 PM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
https://youtu.be/NIwf3d7hP9g

Pro 2A. Million views. Sure beats ranting on trapperman. There’s more pro 2A videos than you can watch in a weekend. Check it out before you doubt

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7223139
03/21/21 09:22 PM
03/21/21 09:22 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Ryan is right Getting There. There is a lot of pro gun, gun reviews, shooting and trapping related stuff on YouTube

Eh...wot?

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Getting There] #7223142
03/21/21 09:26 PM
03/21/21 09:26 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Getting There

There are thousands of firearms centric channels on YouTube... The big thing with firearms content is that YT will usually demonitize it and producers won't make any money off of the content. But there are still plenty of videos. Patreon and other support sites have helped sidestep a lot of YT's crap and helped producers stay afloat.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7223347
03/22/21 07:16 AM
03/22/21 07:16 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

YouTube videos are great, if you click on them. Are there pro 2A commercials that automatically run before videos anti gun folks watch?

I’ll admit I don’t watch the videos they would, so I have no idea what kind of commercials run before those videos.

I can tell you anti gun/ scary gun commercials run during sitcoms and sporting events.

What are the odds folks uneducated or already anti gun search for the pro 2A videos on YT?

-Goofy-
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7223358
03/22/21 07:40 AM
03/22/21 07:40 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
We all know why there is an all out effort to legitimize disarming the public. Its not TV ads that are going to stop it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: danny clifton] #7223367
03/22/21 07:55 AM
03/22/21 07:55 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I'm convinced there is a segment of the population that would love to see things turn violent to use as an excuse to disarm us, even if it means a significant loss of life. There's an unholy alliance out there.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7223381
03/22/21 08:24 AM
03/22/21 08:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
IMO its going to get violent when thugs start disarming people. Not before

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7223384
03/22/21 08:32 AM
03/22/21 08:32 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Mike: I stand corrected! Getting There

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Blaine County] #7223407
03/22/21 08:52 AM
03/22/21 08:52 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Blaine County
On kids and guns: my family was helping me clean my shop yesterday. All four kids and my wife were there when the neighbor kid stopped by. He and his dad had been at the gun show all afternoon.

Neighbor kid tells us he and his dad were there and recites the list of weapons his dad bought.

I smiled at the horror on my children's faces. You could water board my kids and they would never talk about Dad's guns. It is firmly Rule Number Two (treat every gun as it is loaded still gets top billing).

Neighbor kid was about to go through the list of guns in the gun safe when one of my kids changed the subject.

Anyway, proud moment. It's good to know I can trust them.

Huh? Is your rule number 2 for security reasons?

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: danny clifton] #7223408
03/22/21 08:53 AM
03/22/21 08:53 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by danny clifton
We all know why there is an all out effort to legitimize disarming the public. Its not TV ads that are going to stop it.

Probably right but it may help change the view of them being the boogie man with the impending increase in their use.

-Goofy-
Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7223418
03/22/21 09:04 AM
03/22/21 09:04 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
On kids and guns: my family was helping me clean my shop yesterday. All four kids and my wife were there when the neighbor kid stopped by. He and his dad had been at the gun show all afternoon.

Neighbor kid tells us he and his dad were there and recites the list of weapons his dad bought.

I smiled at the horror on my children's faces. You could water board my kids and they would never talk about Dad's guns. It is firmly Rule Number Two (treat every gun as it is loaded still gets top billing).

Neighbor kid was about to go through the list of guns in the gun safe when one of my kids changed the subject.

Nobody needs to know what or how many guns you have or how much money you make.

Re: Firearm Commercial Rant [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #7223429
03/22/21 09:22 AM
03/22/21 09:22 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM

Yes.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread