No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Another view from the left [Re: upstateNY] #7224434
03/23/21 11:22 AM
03/23/21 11:22 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by Michigander
Trump was no great friend of the 2nd amendment either. Not as bad as Biden but you need to be critcal of both sides if you enjoy freedom.

You and JIMMY are the reason our country is in the shape its in.

Them guys voted for FDR during the 30's.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Another view from the left [Re: danny clifton] #7224456
03/23/21 11:41 AM
03/23/21 11:41 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Systemic racism exists. I have a niece and nephew, both born in Korea, adopted by my sister. John is a literal genius. They live in Denver. At 20 he was earning more money than some doctors. He bought himself a real nice BMW. He was constantly being stopped and harassed by L.E. They saw a young asian male driving a high end expensive sports car and thought gangster. He had to hire an attorney to stop the harassment. Systemic racism exists. When the china flu first hit him and his sister both had some problems.

This constant victimizing by the press does not help. IMO it only makes things worse. Equal under the law. We probably never really achieve that but its a good goal. This mask wearing thing is a good example of how people believe what their TV says. TV doesn't need to tell someone they are being discriminated against. That person already knows. Its enough of a problem we don't need people making it worse with media exaggeration.

I don't know what "systemic racism" is, I think it's a made-up term that is supposed to make us all feel guilty (which I don't).

However, I do agree that the hateful, mean attitudes that you describe do in fact exist. I know from personal experience it does. I think it varies from one part of the Country to the other though.

I grew up on the west coast, went to school with Asians, Whites, Hispanics and Native Americans (have to say that since there are so many East Indians around now). I'm pretty white, but my mom is of Sami ancestry, so I have a pretty good epicanthic fold to my upper eyelids; it was very pronounced when I was a kid. In other words I had "Chinese eyes".

In about 1970 I got shipped off during my 7th grade year to a boarding home near Ivyland Pennsylvania -that's a long story- I was sent to a local public school, it was huge for a junior high school. I was subject to ceaseless harassment because everyone thought I was "Chinese". I couldn't figure out why they hated Asians so much, still can't figure out why, I don't think they had ever even seen one. It was not a fun experience for a 13 year old.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224458
03/23/21 11:43 AM
03/23/21 11:43 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
America is the least racist country in most of the world. Look at how commercials are inclusive of all colors. TV quiz shows incorporate all races of people.

The racism that is prevalent is more of the minority guilty of racism with their BLM signs and physically attacking anyone who doesn't tolerate their riotous behavior. A white man was attacked because he had a sign that said "All Lives Matter". He was attacked and nearly killed by a man carrying a BLM sign. Only a local main stream media station mentioned the incident. FOX, Newsmax and OAN all covered it.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: waggler] #7224462
03/23/21 11:49 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by waggler
Systemic racism exists. I have a niece and nephew, both born in Korea, adopted by my sister. John is a literal genius. They live in Denver. At 20 he was earning more money than some doctors. He bought himself a real nice BMW. He was constantly being stopped and harassed by L.E. They saw a young asian male driving a high end expensive sports car and thought gangster. He had to hire an attorney to stop the harassment. Systemic racism exists. When the china flu first hit him and his sister both had some problems.

This constant victimizing by the press does not help. IMO it only makes things worse. Equal under the law. We probably never really achieve that but its a good goal. This mask wearing thing is a good example of how people believe what their TV says. TV doesn't need to tell someone they are being discriminated against. That person already knows. Its enough of a problem we don't need people making it worse with media exaggeration.

I don't know what "systemic racism" is, I think it's a made-up term that is supposed to make us all feel guilty (which I don't).

However, I do agree that the hateful, mean attitudes that you describe do in fact exist. I know from personal experience it does. I think it varies from one part of the Country to the other though.

I grew up on the west coast, went to school with Asians, Whites, Hispanics and Native Americans (have to say that since there are so many East Indians around now). I'm pretty white, but my mom is of Sami ancestry, so I have a pretty good epicanthic fold to my upper eyelids; it was very pronounced when I was a kid. In other words I had "Chinese eyes".

in about 1970 I got shipped off during my 7th grade year to a boarding home near Ivyland Pennsylvania -that's a long story- I was sent to a local public school, it was huge for a junior high school. I was subject to ceaseless harassment because everyone thought I was "Chinese". I couldn't figure out why they hated Asians so much, still can't figure out why, I don't think they had ever even seen one. It was not a fun experience for a 13 year old.

I agree. In 2021, there is no such thing as systematic racism in this country. 1961, sure. Not today.

It is a manufactured political message.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Michigander] #7224463
GA
C
canebrake Offline
trapper
canebrake  Offline
trapper
C

GA
Trump was no great friend of the 2nd amendment either. Not as bad as Biden but you need to be critcal of both sides if you enjoy freedom.

I never trusted him completely on the 2A either, just like I don't trust any politician.

He did mention protecting the 2A in his rallies way more than any other President ever did though. No other Republican President ever mentioned it as far as I can remember.

I have a feeling Don Jr influenced him.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224467
03/23/21 11:54 AM
03/23/21 11:54 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
There was never any way or circumstance where under Trump, you would have ever lost your right to ever own a firearm. You can't make that statement about the party of the democrats. If the current administration could make it illegal to own any type of firearm, they would do it in a heartbeat.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224470
03/23/21 11:56 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Systemic racism does against. It's called affirmative action.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224471
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think the question needs to be if those brothels staffed with illegal asian girls are not even hiding, are the girls slaves? did they steal from the shooter? why are the authorities in GA allowing these places to operate openly? who is getting paid off? the racism thing is just to cause trouble

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224472
03/23/21 11:58 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Trapper7 that statement is incorrect.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Another view from the left [Re: upstateNY] #7224473
Michigan
M
Michigander Offline
trapper
Michigander  Offline
trapper
M

Michigan

How so?

Re: Another view from the left [Re: J Staton] #7224474
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by J Staton
Systemic racism does against. It's called affirmative action.

Fair. Add cancel culture applied to those that do not passionately display white guilt.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224475
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Why are we so concerned about racism? It is normal. Is that why? confused

Who is John Galt?
Re: Another view from the left [Re: danny clifton] #7224476
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I think the question needs to be if those brothels staffed with illegal asian girls are not even hiding, are the girls slaves? did they steal from the shooter? why are the authorities in GA allowing these places to operate openly? who is getting paid off? the racism thing is just to cause trouble

I think he ran outta money so no more boom-boom.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Michigander] #7224480
03/23/21 12:03 PM
03/23/21 12:03 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

How so?

It's a loyalty test and if you don't agree by bowing to Trump you have failed the test.

We've debated this before on TMan. Trump sucked on the 2A--I'm not listing the reason again.

Yes Clinton would have sucked more and Biden definitely sucks more, blah blah blah. Trump still sucked.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224495
03/23/21 12:14 PM
03/23/21 12:14 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Yes trump may have sucked but what I can't under stand is why some people don't get that every person that has any involvement in politics sucks so the only thing to do is pick the one that sucked the least. Thats not rocket science. Trump won first round because he sucked the least. Biden is the president now, that's sucks big time. The people who think one day someone is going to run for president that is the perfect candidate is retarded. I mean if things keep on the way they are going then being part of China won't be so bad. I would think they won't be giving any welfare out or giving black people money because they are black.

Last edited by Matt28; 03/23/21 12:16 PM.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224504
03/23/21 12:22 PM
03/23/21 12:22 PM
Iowa
R
riverratdm Offline
trapper
riverratdm  Offline
trapper
R

Iowa
Most of the videos I have seen are black on asian violence. Not sure how white supremecy ties into that....

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224510
03/23/21 12:31 PM
03/23/21 12:31 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I see a difference between liberals and the left. IMO, James is a liberal, but not a leftist.
A liberal is someone who loves America, but doesn't always like the direction the country is taking.
A leftist is someone who hates America and wants to change America into the country they think it should be.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224528
03/23/21 12:49 PM
03/23/21 12:49 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Trapper7
America is the least racist country in most of the world. Look at how commercials are inclusive of all colors. TV quiz shows incorporate all races of people.

The racism that is prevalent is more of the minority guilty of racism with their BLM signs and physically attacking anyone who doesn't tolerate their riotous behavior. A white man was attacked because he had a sign that said "All Lives Matter". He was attacked and nearly killed by a man carrying a BLM sign. Only a local main stream media station mentioned the incident. FOX, Newsmax and OAN all covered it.

I strongly disagree. America is the most racist country in the world as evidenced by it's commercials and game shows which miserably fail to include whites anywhere close to their percentage in the population. Asians and nonwhite Hispanics were also underrepresented, until recently.

The vast majority of great accomplishments in America, were achieved by whites and are now ignored. For the most part, only achievements by minorities are now touted.

A society can't fix racism by just switching to be racist against another race. It just causes more hate. Society should just judge people by their character and accomplishments. The pendulum of social justice needs to stop in the middle, not swing back and forth.

Americans view of race is itself racist. People are considered to be of a minority race if they have any visible traits of that race, even if they are of mostly of white genetics. Americans seem to believe that minority genes make you impure, which is incredibly racist. We need to just judge people on their own merits.

Keith

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Trapper7] #7224536
03/23/21 01:02 PM
03/23/21 01:02 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Trapper7
I see a difference between liberals and the left. IMO, James is a liberal, but not a leftist.
A liberal is someone who loves America, but doesn't always like the direction the country is taking.
A leftist is someone who hates America and wants to change America into the country they think it should be.

Both are detrimental to America

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224544
03/23/21 01:10 PM
03/23/21 01:10 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Why is racism so big in Japan? "

"The hand-written sign in the entrance of a cosmetics shop in Japan might have been shocking to many Chinese, but to some observers its message was all too familiar.

The sign, which said Chinese people were not allowed to enter, caused outrage when images of it were posted on Chinese websites last month."

Who is John Galt?
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread