No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Another view from the left [Re: Trapper7] #7224545
03/23/21 01:10 PM
03/23/21 01:10 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Trapper7
I see a difference between liberals and the left. IMO, James is a liberal, but not a leftist.
A liberal is someone who loves America, but doesn't always like the direction the country is taking.
A leftist is someone who hates America and wants to change America into the country they think it should be.

I think from all your comments on this thread that you don't have a clue.

No Jab.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: AntiGov] #7224549
03/23/21 01:13 PM
03/23/21 01:13 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by AntiGov
I see a difference between liberals and the left. IMO, James is a liberal, but not a leftist.
A liberal is someone who loves America, but doesn't always like the direction the country is taking.
A leftist is someone who hates America and wants to change America into the country they think it should be.

Both are detrimental to America

Yep, one is the other. We have two parties that are night and day different, no debate about that. Your either with us or not.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224568
03/23/21 01:40 PM
03/23/21 01:40 PM
St. Croix County, Wisconsin
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

I can't believe that someone with a slightly different view from many of us can post something to get an opinion and then get hammered like some of the things I have read. We talk about the media trying to divide the country and create something that isn't there and then I tune into Tman and read all the finger pointing going on. So look in the mirror people because some of you are contributing to that divide with some of these statements. If you share an opinion without a personal attack. Try and be big boys and girls.

Maybe the post was to get a few of you to bite and... you bit. That's how easy it was for BLM and the media to put more than 100 million into a useless and fraudulent organizations bank coffers in less than a years time.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224573
03/23/21 01:44 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Hate to break the news to ya, but unless you've been in a cave and haven't seen what has been shoved thru congress and what will be, there is no middle ground between the two parties.

Like I said above, your either with us (gun owners, outdoors men and for America) or your not. No debating it.

The divide starts at the top, not the bottom. How can a person support what's going on with the one party right now?

Last edited by hippie; 03/23/21 01:47 PM.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224574
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
If you don't realize by now what is going on here ....... well it's too late for you !

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Another view from the left [Re: danny clifton] #7224579
03/23/21 01:48 PM
03/23/21 01:48 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Trapper7 that statement is incorrect.

No, it's not if you read it more carefully. You would never lose your right to own some type of firearm under Trump. Not so, under the democratic party if they could pull it off. They want to totally disarm America. At least most of them do.

As I recall, you were the same person who thought awhile back that anyone should be able to own an M60 machine gun if they wanted it. A ridiculous statement! Maybe for you, it would be OK because you would never use it to cause harm to anyone. But, it would be better to make it illegal for everyone not to own one because there is always that one kook out there. That's just common sense.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: AntiGov] #7224580
03/23/21 01:50 PM
03/23/21 01:50 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Both are detrimental to America

True, but one is much worse than the other.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: KeithC] #7224582
03/23/21 01:52 PM
03/23/21 01:52 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by KeithC
America is the least racist country in most of the world. Look at how commercials are inclusive of all colors. TV quiz shows incorporate all races of people.

The racism that is prevalent is more of the minority guilty of racism with their BLM signs and physically attacking anyone who doesn't tolerate their riotous behavior. A white man was attacked because he had a sign that said "All Lives Matter". He was attacked and nearly killed by a man carrying a BLM sign. Only a local main stream media station mentioned the incident. FOX, Newsmax and OAN all covered it.

I strongly disagree. America is the most racist country in the world as evidenced by it's commercials and game shows which miserably fail to include whites anywhere close to their percentage in the population. Asians and nonwhite Hispanics were also underrepresented, until recently.

The vast majority of great accomplishments in America, were achieved by whites and are now ignored. For the most part, only achievements by minorities are now touted.

A society can't fix racism by just switching to be racist against another race. It just causes more hate. Society should just judge people by their character and accomplishments. The pendulum of social justice needs to stop in the middle, not swing back and forth.

Americans view of race is itself racist. People are considered to be of a minority race if they have any visible traits of that race, even if they are of mostly of white genetics. Americans seem to believe that minority genes make you impure, which is incredibly racist. We need to just judge people on their own merits.

Keith

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224590
03/23/21 01:58 PM
03/23/21 01:58 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Keith, when see the way minorities are treated in America, America is the least racist country in the world.
If I look at it from the stand point you are as a white American patriot, I would say just what you are saying, America is one of the most racist countries in the world.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224592
03/23/21 02:02 PM
03/23/21 02:02 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
It IS legal for anyone not a felon to own a m-60. Trapper7 your proof common sense aint common.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Another view from the left [Re: hippie] #7224593
03/23/21 02:03 PM
03/23/21 02:03 PM
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

Originally Posted by hippie
Hate to break the news to ya, but unless you've been in a cave and haven't seen what has been shoved thru congress and what will be, there is no middle ground between the two parties.

Like I said above, your either with us (gun owners, outdoors men and for America) or your not. No debating it.

The divide starts at the top, not the bottom. How can a person support what's going on with the one party right now?

Never said I wasn't appalled at what is going on. I carry a firearm every day and will do whatever I have to protect that right. Hunt and fish every day I can and stand up for those rights as well. I am for America and what our country was founded on. I also respect someone's right to be heard whether I agree or not. Belittling and character assassination only serves to drive two differing opinions further apart. Don't agree with a lot that James or others say and I am not innocent when it comes to piling on and getting louder to get my point across.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: ToTheWoods] #7224595
03/23/21 02:11 PM
03/23/21 02:11 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by ToTheWoods

Never said I wasn't appalled at what is going on. I carry a firearm every day and will do whatever I have to protect that right. Hunt and fish every day I can and stand up for those rights as well. I am for America and what our country was founded on. I also respect someone's right to be heard whether I agree or not. Belittling and character assassination only serves to drive two differing opinions further apart. Don't agree with a lot that James or others say and I am not innocent when it comes to piling on and getting louder to get my point across.

He's been awful loud the last 4 years, so don't try to silence us now that our way of life is in jeopardy. He'll reap what he sowed imo.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: danny clifton] #7224596
03/23/21 02:12 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton
It IS legal for anyone not a felon to own a m-60. Trapper7 your proof common sense aint common.

Danny, have you ever fired an M60?
While legal to own, they are highly regulated by the feds, which is as it should be. If you still think anyone who wants an M60 should be able to, you are the one lacking common sense.
I'm with you in that I think every normal person has a right to own a firearm of their choosing.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: hippie] #7224597
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Loyalty test--if you don't bow to the guy that Hippie (and the other loud cheerleaders on the site) has sworn allegiance to you are the enemy. You are the enemy just because you want someone better.

I am a gun owner, gun advocate and outdoorsman. I'll take the Pepsi challenge against anyone on this site on those issues and any other liberty issues.

We should be aligned on the goals--but may not be aligned on the path to get there. That's OK--that's America.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Trapper7] #7224599
03/23/21 02:14 PM
03/23/21 02:14 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
But, it would be better to make it illegal for everyone not to own one because there is always that one kook out there. That's just common sense.

And here we have a lack of common sense. That same kook could drive his Hyundai through a crowd of people and kill hundreds. Should we make owning a car illegal? Making an object illegal is stupid, punishing folks harshly for using that object to do wrong is the common sense way to go. If Joe Shmo wants to own an M60, he should be able to own one. If Joe decides to kill a bunch of innocent folks with his M60, he should be swiftly hung in the town square. Same should happen if he drives his car through a crowd of innocent folks.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224602
03/23/21 02:16 PM
03/23/21 02:16 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

I am totally fine with buying M60s and just about anything off the shelf--by the way.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #7224605
03/23/21 02:23 PM
03/23/21 02:23 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
But, it would be better to make it illegal for everyone not to own one because there is always that one kook out there. That's just common sense.

And here we have a lack of common sense. That same kook could drive his Hyundai through a crowd of people and kill hundreds. Should we make owning a car illegal? Making an object illegal is stupid, punishing folks harshly for using that object to do wrong is the common sense way to go. If Joe Shmo wants to own an M60, he should be able to own one. If Joe decides to kill a bunch of innocent folks with his M60, he should be swiftly hung in the town square. Same should happen if he drives his car through a crowd of innocent folks.

So, you think allowing any person who wants one be able to own an M60 should be able to? Let me ask you, have you ever fired an M60? I have many times while in the army. It makes a bump stock rifle seem like a single shot. If an unstable person got ownership of an M60, they would probably have it to kill. A person buying a Hyundai, is more than likely buying it for transportation, not driving it into a crowd to kill people.
Comparing an M60 to a Hyundai makes no sense at all considering that one is designed to kill people, the other to take someone from one place to another. Your comparison doesn't make much sense.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Blaine County] #7224609
03/23/21 02:29 PM
03/23/21 02:29 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Blaine County
I am totally fine with buying M60s and just about anything off the shelf--by the way.

And I'm sure you could be trusted not to kill anyone if you owned one. But, there are some people who should never be allowed to own one. That's the point I'm trying to make. There would need to be big time background checks and from what I've read, it sounds like ownership of an M60 is heavily regulated.

Re: Another view from the left [Re: Blaine County] #7224610
03/23/21 02:31 PM
03/23/21 02:31 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Loyalty test--if you don't bow to the guy that Hippie (and the other loud cheerleaders on the site) has sworn allegiance to you are the enemy. You are the enemy just because you want someone better.

I am a gun owner, gun advocate and outdoorsman. I'll take the Pepsi challenge against anyone on this site on those issues and any other liberty issues.

We should be aligned on the goals--but may not be aligned on the path to get there. That's OK--that's America.

Pretty much how it went down 250 years ago. wink

BTW, you were trying to get us to bow to your TDS for 5 years also, loudly. Look in a mirror!

Last edited by hippie; 03/23/21 02:35 PM.
Re: Another view from the left [Re: James] #7224612
03/23/21 02:32 PM
03/23/21 02:32 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Buying an M60 should be much harder than buying a .22 rifle.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread