No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
White guy interviewing a person of color... #7226802
03/26/21 12:17 AM
03/26/21 12:17 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline OP
trapper
Yukon John  Offline OP
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
I don't like this show at all, but it was on on the background. This person, let's call him "Steph Colbit" was interviewing a person of color, and making some great points I might add...but what he failed to recognize is that, he, himself is white (and part of the problem), so why does he get a pass?

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: White guy interviewing a person of color... [Re: Yukon John] #7226820
03/26/21 12:42 AM
03/26/21 12:42 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Last night, Henry Louis Gates Jr., on his PBS show "Finding Your Roots", told one of his guests that he could not write about reparations anymore because his black ancestor was freed and given a house and land by their owner. Gates was sort of joking, but I was very surprised he said it.

In the same episode, one of the black female guests, who thought her ancestors were slaves, found out her ancestors were slave owners, who were driven out of Haiti, when their slaves rebelled.

Another black guest, had no known slave ancestors and was 46% white.

Many other black guests' ancestors, on other episodes, were given farms, houses and money by their former owners, who often were their relatives.

Paying reparations 156 years after slavery ended is ludicrous no matter what the circumstances.

Keith

Re: White guy interviewing a person of color... [Re: Yukon John] #7226913
03/26/21 06:04 AM
03/26/21 06:04 AM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Reparations won't happen unless we end up in a situation like South Africa and we're not there yet.

It's just a carrot one party likes to use to get their voter base riled up before elections. We won't hear anything more about it for the next 3 years. Then every 4 years after that.

-Ryan
Re: White guy interviewing a person of color... [Re: Yukon John] #7226938
03/26/21 06:38 AM
03/26/21 06:38 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Yukon John
I don't like this show at all, but it was on on the background. This person, let's call him "Steph Colbit" was interviewing a person of color, and making some great points I might add...but what he failed to recognize is that, he, himself is white (and part of the problem), so why does he get a pass?

Stephen Colbert gets a pass because he is a progressive puke.

Re: White guy interviewing a person of color... [Re: Yukon John] #7227009
03/26/21 08:22 AM
03/26/21 08:22 AM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Any white person that supports a party that constantly says white people are evil has seriously got some mental issues. How stupid can you be?? I laughed when I saw videos of blm protesters threatening and throwing rocks through white biden voters windows. You reap what you sew.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread