No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Kaatz Bros notice & gland buying #7226916
03/26/21 06:10 AM
03/26/21 06:10 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline OP
trapper
traprjohn  Offline OP
trapper
T

Central NC
John,
I’ve been meaning to send an email newsletter for awhile, but hours seem to turn to days, which turn to months when business is chaotic!
Over the years, trapping supply sales have always been strongly connected to fur markets, during 2020 that all changed. In light of subpar fur markets, 2020 was a banner year for supply sales. As in many industries across the globe, there is issues with inventory, availability of raw materials, and limited inventories. I have never seen this level of instability regarding inventory in my 26 years in the trapping supply business.
The unfortunate reality is many prices will be increasing this year. We will start updating some pricing on our website April 1st. TS-85s and Kaatz Bros. lures and baits will be increasing. I have always tried to absorb rising costs and keep our retail prices stable, but due to the increased costs of raw materials I have no choice to but raise retail. The bigger issue is availability, I would not wait to order trapping supplies this year. Buy what you need before summer! As once conventions start up, and then the fall rush hits, I suspect various items will be out of stock.

On a side note, click here to check out our current gland, castor, and essence pricing. We are in the market!

Best regards,
-Kyle Kaatz

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Kaatz Bros notice & gland buying [Re: traprjohn] #7226918
03/26/21 06:12 AM
03/26/21 06:12 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline OP
trapper
traprjohn  Offline OP
trapper
T

Central NC

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Kaatz Bros notice & gland buying [Re: traprjohn] #7226919
03/26/21 06:13 AM
03/26/21 06:13 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Who is buying all this stuff? ADC trappers? Id worried supply house's like his would be on the brink with this rotten fur market, glad to hear our supply house's are over ran with order's.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Kaatz Bros notice & gland buying [Re: traprjohn] #7227005
03/26/21 08:21 AM
03/26/21 08:21 AM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
My guess would be everyone that cooped up from Covid decided a breath of fresh air was in order. Camping exploded here last summer when you couldn't do any other kind of social things due to Covid. I saw more people hunting this past fall then I have in a number of years. I know the shipping was a nightmare last year from the dealers and I don't expect that to change this year. It's not their fault and I was just patient but a guy has to plan ahead.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread