No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Old vintage fishing lures? [Re: SlimeyFish] #7228239
03/27/21 02:58 PM
03/27/21 02:58 PM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
This thread made me think about a plug that my dad gave me when I was about 5............so it is at least 20 years old smile

It is called the Muskie Minnow. From the Creek Chub Bait Co. As far as I know it has never been in the water. About 5 inches long and solid silver color. Propeller fore & aft, yellowish eyes and two treble hooks.
In the original CARDBOARD box smile[/quote
]

Love that story, especially the 20 year old estimate! LMAO That is a real cool lure though Ken. There were lots of Pikie Minnows & Creek Chub lures from Chub Creek, I even have a couple around here but I never knew they made a Muskie Minnow.

Re: Old vintage fishing lures? [Re: trapdog1] #7228253
03/27/21 03:28 PM
03/27/21 03:28 PM
WV Fla
River Birch Offline
trapper
River Birch  Offline
trapper

WV Fla
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by swift4me
Lots of great plugs in that batch. I was expecting to see a Jitterbug or two.... my favorite back in the 60's and 70's. I remember an overnight canoe trip at Boy Scout summer camp in southern Missouri in the late 60's. It was a magic night where I caught a nice bass on almost every other cast on a Jitterbug from the canoe.

After that, the purple Beetle and Beetle Spin were magic for me over spawning bass.

Anybody remember the Bushwhacker? It was deadly too.

Pete

Jitterbug is one of my favorites. Back when I was a kid I saw an add in a magazine of a Jitterbug painted like a redwing blackbird. I've always wanted one like that but could never find one.
And don't forget the Hula Popper! Another classic.

here is the red wing you may be looking for?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lifetime Member NJTA...WTTA Caught the bug in 1979
Re: Old vintage fishing lures? [Re: Trapset] #7228256
03/27/21 03:39 PM
03/27/21 03:39 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Trapset
This thread made me think about a plug that my dad gave me when I was about 5............so it is at least 20 years old smile

It is called the Muskie Minnow. From the Creek Chub Bait Co. As far as I know it has never been in the water. About 5 inches long and solid silver color. Propeller fore & aft, yellowish eyes and two treble hooks.
In the original CARDBOARD box smile[/quote
]

Love that story, especially the 20 year old estimate! LMAO That is a real cool lure though Ken. There were lots of Pikie Minnows & Creek Chub lures from Chub Creek, I even have a couple around here but I never knew they made a Muskie Minnow.

You may very well be correct. All I can see on the end of the box is KIE MINNOW..........so it could easily be PIKIE Minnow. That never occurred to me

Mean As Nails
Re: Old vintage fishing lures? [Re: SlimeyFish] #7228259
03/27/21 03:41 PM
03/27/21 03:41 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
Thanks Riverbirch....

I never saw one of those. The ones I fished were yellow with red spots or frog colored, as I remember. They were just fun to watch as you were reeling and waiting for the grab.

And of course Hula Poppers were great, but about that time I started fly fishing with deer hair poppers.

Pete

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread