No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7229371
03/28/21 07:08 PM
03/28/21 07:08 PM
PA
P
PSB1011 Offline
trapper
PSB1011  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So seriously asking here, anyone here do any of these stuff with bigfoot, setting cameras tracks ect ?

I am a 16EEEE does that count ?

no I haven't seen any bigger feet than mine around here.

Good grief, you don't even need snowshoes in the Winter!!!

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: danny clifton] #7229374
03/28/21 07:15 PM
03/28/21 07:15 PM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Originally Posted by Knappett
So if they exist am I the only one who wants to hunt them? Lol I wouldn't call anyone on here a liar if they said they saw one, but i am skeptical. Iv heard every explanation from theyre monkeys to the nephelim

You can bet if I saw one and had the chance I'd have a carcass to show for it. And I'd show it all over town before telling anybody in government.

Originally Posted by danny clifton
why would there be a cover up??????????????? Whats to gain?????????????

I can't figure that out either. If there is as much proof as people claim, it would be one heck of a cover-up.
Aliens, sure, I can see the feds having motive to hide that. Sasquatch? I don't get it.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7229375
03/28/21 07:16 PM
03/28/21 07:16 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Online content
trapper
Nessmuck  Online Content
trapper
N

New Hampshire
So seriously asking here, anyone here do any of these stuff with bigfoot, setting cameras tracks ect ?

How tall are you...with feet like that !

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229397
03/28/21 07:46 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

My bride has managed to hit every animal available to hit in our region with our vehicles, except for a ten foot tall 600 pound hairy creature. So my answer is no, they do not exist.

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229398
Moscow ,Ohio
U
uglyduck Offline
trapper
uglyduck  Offline
trapper
U

Moscow ,Ohio
my son wears size 16 work boots at 6'2 250# .special order to get new boots.

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: danny clifton] #7229401
03/28/21 07:47 PM
03/28/21 07:47 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by danny clifton
why would there be a cover up??????????????? Whats to gain?????????????

WOW,,,never been a government cover up then I guess?? Hahahahahaaaaaaaa grin

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: martyd] #7229403
03/28/21 07:51 PM
03/28/21 07:51 PM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
Originally Posted by martyd
I work with a guy that wears a size 17 steel toed shoe. Is that a big foot or what ? MD

There's a kid on my football team with a size 17 1/2, now that's a big foot!

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229447
03/28/21 08:43 PM
03/28/21 08:43 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
So anyone who could actually possibly help me,please shoot me a pm,thanks

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229474
03/28/21 09:01 PM
03/28/21 09:01 PM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
So anyone who could actually possibly help me,please shoot me a pm,thanks

Wolfie's In Box:

" Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again ... " laugh

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229571
03/28/21 10:15 PM
03/28/21 10:15 PM
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline
trapper

Ames, IA
I know two guys on here, one of them I have know for a long time, and they will both swear on a stack of Bibles they saw one.

My friend was with his wife and he and she tell the same story> Happened along a river in Wisconsin (it had a monkey face and long read hair, but it was only 5 or 6 foot tall

The other fella says he smashed a truck load of antiques driving through the mountains of Tennessee, when he avoided hitting one as it crossed the road.

Here is my story, make of it what you will, and no we didn't see anything but it was PITCH black

THE MONSTER

(Authors note: This story is exactly as it happened; there was no need to enhance it, as it is pretty unbelievable as it is. People have accused us of lying about it, or making it up. Well what purpose would that serve? I freely admit I was scared “spitless” and Arnold , well he was mighty concerned.)

The headlights of the truck slanted through the trees illuminating them in a ghostly fashion as we pulled up Walls’ driveway,. It was Thanksgiving Day 1992, around 3:30 AM., and as dark as midnight in a mine-shaft, as there was no moon and heavy cloud cover. Arnold’s Truck rattled to a stop and we stepped out in to the chill night air. We gathered the buckets of trapping gear, and slipped our pistols into their holsters. We got ready to do the loop as we called it, down the hill, up the valley, around the field, and back across the valley to the truck. Arnold and I walked along, checking our coon sets, talking softly back and forth to each other as we usually did. This part of the valley is thick enough to stall a Tiger tank. The multi-flora rose and honeysuckle creating almost impenetrable walls of vegetation, so dense that even in the daylight you can only see about 20 feet. The only way through is a single deer path. Strangely the woods seemed to deathly quiet, I mean no owl hoots, no deer or rabbits breaking cover, not even a breath of wind. It was a very eerie sensation, and suddenly I felt the hair on the nape of my neck stand up….

The Darlington Valley of Delaware County Pennsylvania has a long history of strange incidents and occurrences. Many people have reported seeing strange things lurking in the seemingly ever-present mist of early morning and evening. Far more people have reported hearing horrible cries, screams and roars coming from the dark woods. So horrific were the sounds some people vowed never to again return to the valley.

My Dads close friend Melvin and his girlfriend had an experience neither of them ever forgot. Melvin and his girlfriend (I can't recall her name) were um, ah parking down in the valley late one night. As usually happens they were rather involved in what they were doing, when suddenly behind their car "The Monster" let loose with its audio assortment of mayhem. Even before the cries faded away, Melvin had the car started and was laying a smoky trail of rubber out of the valley. He told his friends that this was no animal he'd ever heard. Melvin was a good ole boy, born and raised as a hunter and trapper, so he knew the sounds of the woods. However his friends being young punks, of course teased him unmercifully, calling it Melvin's Monster. Well it frightened him so badly whenever he and his friends hunted the valley he would not get out of the car till it was light and would always be back at the car long before dark. No one believed poor Melvin or his girlfriend. Yet stories of "The Monster" continued for years afterward even up till this very day.

I had heard the stories of the "Darlington Monster" as a child from both my Father (who didn't believe a word of it) and my Mother (who always said, “There is something evil in that valley.”) I personally decided that it was probably just different animals making noises and citified people couldn't explain them and therefore were scared of what they heard. Foxes screaming, coons barking and growling, and numerous owl cries can unnerve the unknowing. Little did I know that I would get a first person interview with the legend itself.

We were walking along guided by our trusty $1.24 flashlight, its dim sickly yellow light barely illuminating our chosen path. Suddenly it front of us this thing, beast, monster lets out this sound. (No I can’t tell you exactly how it sounded, since I have never before or since heard such a sound.) It started with a rumble like distant thunder, rose up to a howling shriek like banshee with a toothache and tapered off to a mad dog howl. It was so loud it reverberated in our chest and we could feel it strike our faces. Arnold and I both looked at each other and said, "WHAT THE (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) WAS THAT??????" If you think this was inappropriate language, all I can say is brother you weren't there! We drew our pistols and loaded them so fast, we could have beaten Butch, Sundance, or The Kid. This is all the more amazing considering the pistols were in snap down holsters and the bullets were in our pockets. We tried shining the light around but that did nothing constructive for our heart rates. All the more disturbing was there was now no sound, so whatever made that noise was still right there in front of us just beyond the light. (The floor of the valley was cover with dry leaves so even a slight movement would be heard.) I will be perfectly honest with you; if I had been alone I would have turned tail and run till I hit asphalt (the nearest road is over a mile and a half from where I was.) I had a million thoughts going through my mind, “What the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) was that?, Why am I in this valley?” and “Why in the world do I have “Now I lay me down to sleep” running over and over in my mind?” Arnold suggested we should slowly move off to the right to our other sets out in the field. You can believe me when I say this was met with less enthusiasm than "The Charge of the Light Brigade" they were only riding into the Valley of Death, I was already there. I informed Arnold I liked the tree I was backed up against and daylight was only 1 1/2hrs away so why not wait around for it. Arnold coerced me into following him by starting off toward the field with the flashlight in one hand and a fully loaded and cocked pistol in the other. I sure as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) wasn't going to sit there in the dark by myself. I quickly covered his back trail, with my pistol fully loaded and cocked as well. To say we covered the 200 yards from where we met the monster to the edge of the field where our sets were at carefully is a masterpiece of understatement. We were so slow and cautious you'd thought we were tiptoeing through a minefield. Thank God no deer broke through the brush or rabbit scampered through the dry leaves, otherwise there would have been a hail of lead laid down. We finally made it to the field edge without any more loud scary surprises. After checking our sets we had to re-enter the valley to get back to the truck. It was just light enough to see when we marched back into the valley. On the far side we heard the noise again. We continued back to the truck and got the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) out of there. Did this experience change us? Well yes and no, we were back checking traps the next day in the same valley, but now we had fully loaded pistols in unsnapped holsters.

Arnold and I have talked about this incident many times since then. We know what we heard. Arnold and I between us have over 60 years of experience in the woods, from southern Virginia swamps to New York mountaintops to Midwest plains; we have been to them all. We firmly agree it was no animal that walks the woods (to many sound variations in a short time), or human (no way a person could make those noises).

So you may ask what it was then. Well we believe it was a demon or other restless spirit, the whole valley is known to be an Indian burial ground. It is rumored to be the Lenni-Lenape royal burial area, but I’m not sure of that. I am sure what I hear and what happened though, and all I can say is if I never hear it again it'll be too soon.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229576
03/28/21 10:21 PM
03/28/21 10:21 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Bigfoot, Samsquanch is real, I smelled one once!

[Linked Image]

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229647
03/28/21 11:23 PM
03/28/21 11:23 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Well if bigfoot isn't real then why would so many native cultures so far away from one another and not ever speaking the same language keep drawing and describing the same 2 legged hairy man? I suspect they never mentioned him stinkin to high heaven b/c Dove and deodorant hadn't been listed on Amazon just yet...

I dont know the answer, maybe bigfoot used to be real and the 'rona got him. CDC said that is nasty stuff that 'rona!
whistle

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Nessmuck] #7229671
03/29/21 12:07 AM
03/29/21 12:07 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Nessmuck

How tall are you...with feet like that !

Oh I am still built like a knuckle dragger so only 6'2"

but I have a solid base and for several years I think 8-16 my shoe size and age were the same

my daughter jokes I don't have a neck either which simple isn't true I have a neck it is just hard to see , I have 1 dress shirt to go with my one suit for funerals ordered with a 22 inch neck even then I almost never wear my one tie unless I am carrying the casket.to choking.

when you see people wearing those neck gator style masks and the look comfortable they can just slip them up and there is extra room

buy one , nope tight and choking.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229677
03/29/21 12:15 AM
03/29/21 12:15 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Just a though when it comes to game cameras,

I've had alot of people whatch a video I did showing coyotes though digital night vision and many of them said it seems like they can see the IR illuminator light. People say the same with game cams on sets. They don't wanna use them because they say the animals can see the IR some how and it will put them on edge...well if basic critters can see, woulnt it be a reasonable assumption that a more "advanced" animal could see it even better and just avoid them ?

Just a thought

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229691
03/29/21 12:50 AM
03/29/21 12:50 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
I don't doubt for a second that canines and cats can tell if a infrared light is being shined out on them or around them, seen to many come in at night and then the light flicks on, and they react to it, however they don't turn on the after burner like a white light, it's more of a walk around than anything, most just stand there and look at it.

As to the Bigfoot, never seen any solid proof, don't have any one I know in my 67 years here and hunting in several states and in Canada, that has come across any sign of one, have seen vids of what people say is one here in Utah in various places.
But to me its a wonder you can make anything out of the vid even slowed down.

Could have been there, could have been a bear to, until one is shot or found passed away, or bones, for me it's a good camp story, have other things more serious to think about, really !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229699
03/29/21 01:29 AM
03/29/21 01:29 AM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline
trapper
B

WI
I thought I saw a yetti! C’mon people!!

Last edited by BvrRetriever; 03/29/21 01:30 AM.
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229706
03/29/21 02:38 AM
03/29/21 02:38 AM
Europe
P
Pest's Dad Offline
trapper
Pest's Dad  Offline
trapper
P

Europe
Just a though when it comes to game cameras,

Wolfie; Are you talking about these newer 'Black Light' cams? Only, I set one every night ~ older, Bushnell Trophy. Hasn't got black lights. And, never mind infra red, when This thing activates? It's like a pocket full of rubies! I know, because I position it. Turn it on. Then go to the spot I set it to watch. Anything with eyes could see that.

Don't honestly know what it does in daylight. But, I've had a house cat sitting, staring straight at it.

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: MikeTraps2] #7229707
03/29/21 02:43 AM
03/29/21 02:43 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by MikeTraps2
I know two guys on here, one of them I have know for a long time, and they will both swear on a stack of Bibles they saw one.

My friend was with his wife and he and she tell the same story> Happened along a river in Wisconsin (it had a monkey face and long read hair, but it was only 5 or 6 foot tall

The other fella says he smashed a truck load of antiques driving through the mountains of Tennessee, when he avoided hitting one as it crossed the road.

Here is my story, make of it what you will, and no we didn't see anything but it was PITCH black

THE MONSTER

(Authors note: This story is exactly as it happened; there was no need to enhance it, as it is pretty unbelievable as it is. People have accused us of lying about it, or making it up. Well what purpose would that serve? I freely admit I was scared “spitless” and Arnold , well he was mighty concerned.)

The headlights of the truck slanted through the trees illuminating them in a ghostly fashion as we pulled up Walls’ driveway,. It was Thanksgiving Day 1992, around 3:30 AM., and as dark as midnight in a mine-shaft, as there was no moon and heavy cloud cover. Arnold’s Truck rattled to a stop and we stepped out in to the chill night air. We gathered the buckets of trapping gear, and slipped our pistols into their holsters. We got ready to do the loop as we called it, down the hill, up the valley, around the field, and back across the valley to the truck. Arnold and I walked along, checking our coon sets, talking softly back and forth to each other as we usually did. This part of the valley is thick enough to stall a Tiger tank. The multi-flora rose and honeysuckle creating almost impenetrable walls of vegetation, so dense that even in the daylight you can only see about 20 feet. The only way through is a single deer path. Strangely the woods seemed to deathly quiet, I mean no owl hoots, no deer or rabbits breaking cover, not even a breath of wind. It was a very eerie sensation, and suddenly I felt the hair on the nape of my neck stand up….

The Darlington Valley of Delaware County Pennsylvania has a long history of strange incidents and occurrences. Many people have reported seeing strange things lurking in the seemingly ever-present mist of early morning and evening. Far more people have reported hearing horrible cries, screams and roars coming from the dark woods. So horrific were the sounds some people vowed never to again return to the valley.

My Dads close friend Melvin and his girlfriend had an experience neither of them ever forgot. Melvin and his girlfriend (I can't recall her name) were um, ah parking down in the valley late one night. As usually happens they were rather involved in what they were doing, when suddenly behind their car "The Monster" let loose with its audio assortment of mayhem. Even before the cries faded away, Melvin had the car started and was laying a smoky trail of rubber out of the valley. He told his friends that this was no animal he'd ever heard. Melvin was a good ole boy, born and raised as a hunter and trapper, so he knew the sounds of the woods. However his friends being young punks, of course teased him unmercifully, calling it Melvin's Monster. Well it frightened him so badly whenever he and his friends hunted the valley he would not get out of the car till it was light and would always be back at the car long before dark. No one believed poor Melvin or his girlfriend. Yet stories of "The Monster" continued for years afterward even up till this very day.

I had heard the stories of the "Darlington Monster" as a child from both my Father (who didn't believe a word of it) and my Mother (who always said, “There is something evil in that valley.”) I personally decided that it was probably just different animals making noises and citified people couldn't explain them and therefore were scared of what they heard. Foxes screaming, coons barking and growling, and numerous owl cries can unnerve the unknowing. Little did I know that I would get a first person interview with the legend itself.

We were walking along guided by our trusty $1.24 flashlight, its dim sickly yellow light barely illuminating our chosen path. Suddenly it front of us this thing, beast, monster lets out this sound. (No I can’t tell you exactly how it sounded, since I have never before or since heard such a sound.) It started with a rumble like distant thunder, rose up to a howling shriek like banshee with a toothache and tapered off to a mad dog howl. It was so loud it reverberated in our chest and we could feel it strike our faces. Arnold and I both looked at each other and said, "WHAT THE (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) WAS THAT??????" If you think this was inappropriate language, all I can say is brother you weren't there! We drew our pistols and loaded them so fast, we could have beaten Butch, Sundance, or The Kid. This is all the more amazing considering the pistols were in snap down holsters and the bullets were in our pockets. We tried shining the light around but that did nothing constructive for our heart rates. All the more disturbing was there was now no sound, so whatever made that noise was still right there in front of us just beyond the light. (The floor of the valley was cover with dry leaves so even a slight movement would be heard.) I will be perfectly honest with you; if I had been alone I would have turned tail and run till I hit asphalt (the nearest road is over a mile and a half from where I was.) I had a million thoughts going through my mind, “What the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) was that?, Why am I in this valley?” and “Why in the world do I have “Now I lay me down to sleep” running over and over in my mind?” Arnold suggested we should slowly move off to the right to our other sets out in the field. You can believe me when I say this was met with less enthusiasm than "The Charge of the Light Brigade" they were only riding into the Valley of Death, I was already there. I informed Arnold I liked the tree I was backed up against and daylight was only 1 1/2hrs away so why not wait around for it. Arnold coerced me into following him by starting off toward the field with the flashlight in one hand and a fully loaded and cocked pistol in the other. I sure as (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) wasn't going to sit there in the dark by myself. I quickly covered his back trail, with my pistol fully loaded and cocked as well. To say we covered the 200 yards from where we met the monster to the edge of the field where our sets were at carefully is a masterpiece of understatement. We were so slow and cautious you'd thought we were tiptoeing through a minefield. Thank God no deer broke through the brush or rabbit scampered through the dry leaves, otherwise there would have been a hail of lead laid down. We finally made it to the field edge without any more loud scary surprises. After checking our sets we had to re-enter the valley to get back to the truck. It was just light enough to see when we marched back into the valley. On the far side we heard the noise again. We continued back to the truck and got the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) out of there. Did this experience change us? Well yes and no, we were back checking traps the next day in the same valley, but now we had fully loaded pistols in unsnapped holsters.

Arnold and I have talked about this incident many times since then. We know what we heard. Arnold and I between us have over 60 years of experience in the woods, from southern Virginia swamps to New York mountaintops to Midwest plains; we have been to them all. We firmly agree it was no animal that walks the woods (to many sound variations in a short time), or human (no way a person could make those noises).

So you may ask what it was then. Well we believe it was a demon or other restless spirit, the whole valley is known to be an Indian burial ground. It is rumored to be the Lenni-Lenape royal burial area, but I’m not sure of that. I am sure what I hear and what happened though, and all I can say is if I never hear it again it'll be too soon.

Thank you for taking the time to share that !

Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229717
03/29/21 04:45 AM
03/29/21 04:45 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Tooth fairy, unicorn, Leprechaun are for young people to believe in. Sasquatch, yeti, abominable, skunk-ape are for old people to believe in. Santa is for all people to believe in!

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Any bigfoot guys [Re: Wolfdog91] #7229724
03/29/21 05:34 AM
03/29/21 05:34 AM
Pa,
T
trapper4002 Offline
trapper
trapper4002  Offline
trapper
T

Pa,
They are 100% real I've had two encounters myself and a third encounter with my dad I will not argue or fight with anyone. I used to be a non believer after first encounter I did a lot of research there is a lot of evidence out there. I believe they travel and they are only in our area in the early spring and late fall.

Cpl USMC. 1989-1993
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread