No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229043
03/28/21 12:10 PM
03/28/21 12:10 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I wear mine every day. Only got one life to live. Why gamble it away when I know better? I don't wear it to make a political statement, nor would I take it off to please someone else. Fitting in is not on my safety list of common precautions.

Have yet to be impressed by anyone's choice not to follow health guidelines. It ain't about protesting or presenting an image, or Trump, or Biden. So far it has worked. My SIL didn't wear a mask and she and three of her friends all got Covid at the same time following a workshop they attended, maskless. Two were hospitalized, one died, and one spread it to her daughter and grandkids. Seems to be a pattern there.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229048
03/28/21 12:17 PM
03/28/21 12:17 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by charles
I wear mine every day. Only got one life to live. Why gamble it away when I know better? I don't wear it to make a political statement, nor would I take it off to please someone else. Fitting in is not on my safety list of common precautions.

Have yet to be impressed by anyone's choice not to follow health guidelines. It ain't about protesting or presenting an image, or Trump, or Biden. So far it has worked. My SIL didn't wear a mask and she and three of her friends all got Covid at the same time following a workshop they attended, maskless. Two were hospitalized, one died, and one spread it to her daughter and grandkids. Seems to be a pattern there.

I hardly ever wore one. My kids wear one only in school. No where else. My wife does in the stores because she hates the stairs from conformists. So far no-one has gotten it in my house. What's the pattern?

No Jab.
Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229049
03/28/21 12:18 PM
03/28/21 12:18 PM
Nevada
YamaCat Offline
trapper
YamaCat  Offline
trapper

Nevada

As some of your counterparts have vigorously pointed out several times, The Mask keeps you from spreading the world’s most deadly virus, not catching it.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229091
03/28/21 01:29 PM
03/28/21 01:29 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa

Boy, if you are that concerned that you are gonna die from the china flu then you better just stay home. That mask isn't helping you.

I know many people that have had the china flu. Some that have some bad health issues. Every one of them came out of it just fine, very mild flu like symptoms at best and some that didn't even know they had it.

If the china flu was as bad as they say, people would put the mask on without being told.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: The Unmasked [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7229093
03/28/21 01:33 PM
03/28/21 01:33 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

Boy, if you are that concerned that you are gonna die from the china flu then you better just stay home. That mask isn't helping you.

I know many people that have had the china flu. Some that have some bad health issues. Every one of them came out of it just fine, very mild flu like symptoms at best and some that didn't even know they had it.

If the china flu was as bad as they say, people would put the mask on without being told.

You can't argue with someone who watches main stream media and believes everything they are saying.

No Jab.
Re: The Unmasked [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7229102
03/28/21 01:50 PM
03/28/21 01:50 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

Be grateful you haven't had family members die from it ,I have. You would probably be singing a different tune if you did. I also know people that have had mild symptoms and didn't die, thankfully

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229130
03/28/21 02:26 PM
03/28/21 02:26 PM
Province of Ontario, Canada
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Province of Ontario, Canada
Sorry folks, all good until you are sick to the point of dying and becoming a burden on your family. Then what? What is the alternative?

I too hate wearing this thing but I am doing so with the hope I don't get the virus and or pass it on to my family or friends... This is coming from someone who has already received the first dose of the vaccine and won't feel somewhat protected until the second dose is in... and there is still no certainty after the second dose.

I hope this never happens but If somehow I become infected and end up passing it on to my wife or children, I don't want to be the Dad who has to say: I knew all about it but decided not to wear a mask because I don't like it... I would have a really hard time dealing with this...

At the end of the day if wearing a mask can potentially protect my family against Covid, it is a very small price to pay. Just my opinion.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229221
03/28/21 04:54 PM
03/28/21 04:54 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
You touch yourself more when wearing a mask. That's not a good thing. Worked in the grocery business, remodeling occupied stores. Came into contact with all sorts of people. Never wore a mask, never took the flu shot, and never got the flu. I just simply washed my hands. No longer work in that business but follow the same rules for corona as I did for the flu.
Wear a mask and touch yourself if that's what you like. For me, I'll just wash my hands.

James 1: 19-20
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229224
03/28/21 04:59 PM
03/28/21 04:59 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
What gets me about the mask is there were no real guidelines on proper effective mask usage . Like changing mask hourly , or never touch your mask with your hands . If you must touch your mask wash your hands before touching somthing another person might touch . If the mask were truly to slow the curve so to speek there would have been a add campaign about propper usage

The way masks have been wore in most retail stores have done nothing but spread the desease IMO . If a mask is worn for several hours or All day it is a warm moist environment that protects and concentrates any contagion . Then acts like a swab depositing exhaled moisture and mucus on the mask wearers fingers to be transferred to every thing they touch leaving a trail of saliva and mucus behind them to be transferred to the next person that touches anything they touched .

Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229234
03/28/21 05:10 PM
03/28/21 05:10 PM
Montana
Y
Yellowstone Offline
trapper
Yellowstone  Offline
trapper
Y

Montana
Go find me ONE MEDICAL study showing that even an n95 mask which I wear at work in the hospital can block this virus! You can’t! There are zero! Your cloth masks are doing nothing but have you breathe in your own bacteria unless you wash it every hour. It can’t stop anything. The normal little blue medical masks we wear in surgery are even unable to stop from breathing in the virus or exhaling it. Go look at the studies. Quit scolding and sitting on your high horse Charles.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7229237
03/28/21 05:17 PM
03/28/21 05:17 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
You can't argue with someone who watches main stream media and believes everything they are saying.

I've found it to be quite the opposite. You can argue all you want, what you can't do is reason with them.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229239
03/28/21 05:21 PM
03/28/21 05:21 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Its much the same with those that watch the wing nut conspiracy news outlets and believes everything they are saying.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: The Unmasked [Re: Yellowstone] #7229690
03/29/21 12:47 AM
03/29/21 12:47 AM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Originally Posted by Yellowstone
Go find me ONE MEDICAL study showing that even an n95 mask which I wear at work in the hospital can block this virus! You can’t! There are zero! Your cloth masks are doing nothing but have you breathe in your own bacteria unless you wash it every hour. It can’t stop anything. The normal little blue medical masks we wear in surgery are even unable to stop from breathing in the virus or exhaling it. Go look at the studies. Quit scolding and sitting on your high horse Charles.

^^^ This^^^, not many wear mask around here just as JTrap stated

Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229693
03/29/21 12:54 AM
03/29/21 12:54 AM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Is it bad if my phone screen makes my fingers smell like Backbreaker? Maybe people should stop txting me while I’m running my line. I’m a self proclaimed sniffer...will a mask help or no?

Give up one the mask thing people! Move on!!

Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229716
03/29/21 04:31 AM
03/29/21 04:31 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
How does on really know that someone passed away from Covid 19 ?? For quite a while and perhaps still, Many deaths were blamed on Covid, without autopsies, positive test results and so on.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: The Unmasked [Re: Yellowstone] #7229792
03/29/21 08:47 AM
03/29/21 08:47 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon

This ^. Amazing to me that so many just blindly follow along without doing their own research. The scientific evidence actually shows that masks are more likely to do harm than good. A virus thrives in moist conditions...like under/in a mask. So much information out there now that there is no excuse for continuing to believe everything you hear on TV. This isnt about a virus and never was.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: The Unmasked [Re: yukon254] #7229798
03/29/21 08:53 AM
03/29/21 08:53 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by yukon254

This ^. Amazing to me that so many just blindly follow along without doing their own research. The scientific evidence actually shows that masks are more likely to do harm than good. A virus thrives in moist conditions...like under/in a mask. So much information out there now that there is no excuse for continuing to believe everything you hear on TV. This isnt about a virus and never was.

Easy guys you can't expect people to waste time doing any actual research themselves
That's what the new is for don you know.
Some just need to be told what to do, say and think. They cannot longer do it on their own

Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229838
03/29/21 10:15 AM
03/29/21 10:15 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC

Maybe Lysol is the answer. I am not impressed with closed minded people who know better, but are influenced by uninformed, ill advised friends rather than medical professionals.

Re: The Unmasked [Re: charles] #7229840
03/29/21 10:26 AM
03/29/21 10:26 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Raise your hand if you are trying to impress someone by not wearing a mask.

-Goofy-
Re: The Unmasked [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7229849
03/29/21 10:43 AM
03/29/21 10:43 AM
PA
C
coyotesoldier229 Online content
trapper
coyotesoldier229  Online Content
trapper
C

PA
If wearing a mask is so effective at stopping the spread, and bacteria/a virus could be present on or in your mask, or another’s, why aren’t these mask disposed of in a bio hazard/contaminated waste container? I’d bet that most are tossed into a regular old garbage can. How about recycling? All bottles of water/other containers that have had peoples lip on them that are contaminated headed to recycling centers.

I wear a mask at work cause I have too. When not at work, I don’t wear a mask. Call me whatever names you like, I will gladly smile and go about my day. The past year has been very enlightening.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread