No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232282
03/31/21 10:45 PM
03/31/21 10:45 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
NM started a special session yesterday just to possibly legalize marijuana. It passed the first hurdle late last night.
Our governor demands it be passed this year. It didn't during the regular session so she called a special session. She's pushing hard now because she backed Biden 100% and once she realized the "green" policies being implemented by Biden will drastically crumble NM she changed her tune and is now demanding this cash crop.

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: bowhunter27295] #7232283
03/31/21 10:46 PM
03/31/21 10:46 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
And pot has medicinal properties. I HAVE ZERO PROBLEM WITH MEDICINAL MARIJUANA!!!!

ZERO!!!

I use it very rarely and seldom for my health issues. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: bowhunter27295] #7232292
03/31/21 11:00 PM
03/31/21 11:00 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by adam m
NM started a special session yesterday just to possibly legalize marijuana. It passed the first hurdle late last night.
Our governor demands it be passed this year. It didn't during the regular session so she called a special session. She's pushing hard now because she backed Biden 100% and once she realized the "green" policies being implemented by Biden will drastically crumble NM she changed her tune and is now demanding this cash crop.

And that is the truth. If anyone thinks the government is legalizing pot because they "want to fight" for your freedom, you don't understand politicians. The more money they can get through taxation and legalization of drugs the happier they will be. That way they can take your money away from you and then give it back to you when it's time for you to vote for them. They are giggling and wringing their hands at the billions of dollars they will get from taxing something that will keep us dumber. It's a win, win,win, win for them.

Absolutely

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232331
04/01/21 12:39 AM
04/01/21 12:39 AM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Seems they're are a lot of people that are scared of the little plant, but are best buds with Jim, Jack, and Miller. I can promise you that the plant has less adverse affects against your body and health compared to everybody's buddy in a bottle.

Sure there are some people that get high, can't tolerate it, go crazy and mess something up.
There are also people who drink, can't tolerate it, go crazy and mess things up.

Being drunk is no different than being high. You are in an altered state of mind with either substance.

There are responsible smokers who enjoy the psychosomatic effects of smoking MJ.
There are responsible drinkers who enjoy the psychosomatic effects of alcohol.

Alcohol leads to the deaths of 95,000 a year, 261 a day, from excessive use .That's not counting the DUI deaths, deaths from other accidents while being drunk.

Marijuana has caused less than 7,500 deaths from excessive use since the day it was first ever used on this planet. Deaths from lung cancer, COPD exacerbations would be about the only thing I would be able to link to excessive use just thinking off the top of my head. Sure, people have died in wrecks while under the influence of marijuana and have died from other accidents while under the influence.

It's impossible to smoke enough marijuana to overdose. It's not impossible to drink enough alcohol to overdose

I'm just trying to point out that there is a substance that alters your mind, the way you think, the way your body works, and it kills close to 100,000 people a year just from excessive use, plus who knows how many while being under the influence and being involved in some sort of a preventable accident had they been sober. And that substance isn't marijuana, it's alcohol.

Believe it or not, I honestly don't use marijuana and I don't drink. I have been high and I have been drunk. And I just don't understand why the older generation is so terrified and worried about cannabis, especially if you've never even tried it.

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: upstateNY] #7232448
04/01/21 07:53 AM
04/01/21 07:53 AM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Great.Everybodys gonna look like Cheech and Chong going down the road now.

I have just one rolling paper left, it's the one that came in the Cheech and Chong album "Big Bamboo"...It's going to be one heck of a ride!!

~Illegitimi Non Carborundum~
Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232455
04/01/21 08:08 AM
04/01/21 08:08 AM
IL
G
goatman Offline
trapper
goatman  Offline
trapper
G

IL
You gotta love this stuff. Look how much money was spent to kick cigarettes. And here we are. The 60's and 70's crowd are in office.

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232485
04/01/21 09:08 AM
04/01/21 09:08 AM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Under the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968, use of a Schedule 1 substance, which Marijuana is, prohibits purchase and possession of firearms and ammo even though some States allow it.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Massac] #7232491
04/01/21 09:14 AM
04/01/21 09:14 AM
NE
M
Marty B Offline
"arbitrary noob"
Marty B  Offline
"arbitrary noob"
M

NE
Originally Posted by Massac
Seems they're are a lot of people that are scared of the little plant, but are best buds with Jim, Jack, and Miller. I can promise you that the plant has less adverse affects against your body and health compared to everybody's buddy in a bottle.

Sure there are some people that get high, can't tolerate it, go crazy and mess something up.
There are also people who drink, can't tolerate it, go crazy and mess things up.

Being drunk is no different than being high. You are in an altered state of mind with either substance.

There are responsible smokers who enjoy the psychosomatic effects of smoking MJ.
There are responsible drinkers who enjoy the psychosomatic effects of alcohol.

Alcohol leads to the deaths of 95,000 a year, 261 a day, from excessive use .That's not counting the DUI deaths, deaths from other accidents while being drunk.

Marijuana has caused less than 7,500 deaths from excessive use since the day it was first ever used on this planet. Deaths from lung cancer, COPD exacerbations would be about the only thing I would be able to link to excessive use just thinking off the top of my head. Sure, people have died in wrecks while under the influence of marijuana and have died from other accidents while under the influence.

It's impossible to smoke enough marijuana to overdose. It's not impossible to drink enough alcohol to overdose

I'm just trying to point out that there is a substance that alters your mind, the way you think, the way your body works, and it kills close to 100,000 people a year just from excessive use, plus who knows how many while being under the influence and being involved in some sort of a preventable accident had they been sober. And that substance isn't marijuana, it's alcohol.

Believe it or not, I honestly don't use marijuana and I don't drink. I have been high and I have been drunk. And I just don't understand why the older generation is so terrified and worried about cannabis, especially if you've never even tried it.

Marijuana has caused less than 7,500 deaths from excessive use since the day it was first ever used on this planet.

Source?

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232494
04/01/21 09:21 AM
04/01/21 09:21 AM
lewis county,new york
N
newfox1 Offline
trapper
newfox1  Offline
trapper
N

lewis county,new york
What are they going to do give us a drug test before we can buy a gun?????? LOL

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232500
04/01/21 09:25 AM
04/01/21 09:25 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I think 90% of auto wrecks I see involve a cellphone.

69% of all statistics are made up crazy

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232502
04/01/21 09:26 AM
04/01/21 09:26 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
What I have a hard time understanding is the notion that almost all kinds of smoke is harmful or fatal, cigarette, coal, any burning plastic. But the smoke from this innocent little plant that came from heaven will cure all ills. I hope that it cures stupidity then all the libs that are using it may see the light. laugh Don't take that shot, you don't know what's in it. I'm sure you know what's in that dime bag you just bought. Angel dust, meth maybe?

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: newfox1] #7232504
04/01/21 09:28 AM
04/01/21 09:28 AM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by newfox1

Nope BUT, when you purchase a firearm you sign a 4473 that clearly states under 21.e.
"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized
for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.". If you are discovered to be "incorrect" in your answer, you have now committed a felony under fraud.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: teepee2] #7232505
04/01/21 09:29 AM
04/01/21 09:29 AM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by teepee2
What I have a hard time understanding is the notion that almost all kinds of smoke is harmful or fatal, cigarette, coal, any burning plastic. But the smoke from this innocent little plant that came from heaven will cure all ills. I hope that it cures stupidity then all the libs that are using it may see the light. laugh Don't take that shot, you don't know what's in it. I'm sure you know what's in that dime bag you just bought. Angel dust, meth maybe?

Teepee2, it most definitely does NOT cure stupidity...Like some get beer muscles, pot enlightens, however both are equally true!!

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232528
04/01/21 09:53 AM
04/01/21 09:53 AM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line

Source?[/quote]
Really I wanted to say it's cause 0 deaths from excessive use. I don't have a source to back up the 7,500 deaths. The alcohol information I can provide sources for.

Deaths from excessive marijuana use are going to come in the form of respiratory illnesses such as lung cancer, emphysema, COPD.. but those deaths need to attributed to marijuana and marijuana only, not also because both smokes cigarettes and smokes a joint. I'm not going to be able to find you and exact number because the numbers aren't out there yet.

Deaths linked to marijuana usage are literally a drop in the Atlantic compared to deaths related to alcohol use and tobacco use. Cigarettes are linked to 480,000 deaths a year in America, I'm not sure how many deaths there are a year from chew or dip. Alcohol causes the deaths of 95,000 americans

Nicotine is a drug, its a chemical that stimulates your mind
Alcohol is a drug, it's a chemical that suppresses your mind
THC is a drug, it's a chemical that can either stimulate or suppress your mind based on the strain

Two of the above drugs are legal in 50 states and cause well over half a million lives lost on a yearly basis

Marijuana doesn't even come close to the damage that these other legal substances cause.

But the war on drugs and the negative stigma the government has portrayed around marijuana sure has the older generation shaking in their boots.

Did you realize that the hemp plant (which I know can't get you high) has over 120 uses? Rope, oil, stalks compressed into flooring, paper, just to name a few. In the 1930s the federal government started the war on hemp and marijuana due to lobbying from companies like DuPont that realized that this plant with so many universal uses could compete with and potentially make some of their businesses obsolete?

Marijuana is coming guys. It's going to be okay.

It is more safe than getting drunk every Friday and Saturday night and smoking a carton of marlboro reds during the week

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: SJA] #7232654
04/01/21 01:05 PM
04/01/21 01:05 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by SJA
Originally Posted by newfox1

Nope BUT, when you purchase a firearm you sign a 4473 that clearly states under 21.e.
"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized
for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.". If you are discovered to be "incorrect" in your answer, you have now committed a felony under fraud.

Hunter Biden LIED on his form.Think hes goin ta jail????? mad

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: upstateNY] #7232672
04/01/21 01:42 PM
04/01/21 01:42 PM
Tug Hill, NY
Redknot Offline
trapper
Redknot  Offline
trapper

Tug Hill, NY
^^^ Sure he is...I bet he'll be sharing a cell with Cuomo...

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Massac] #7232703
04/01/21 02:35 PM
04/01/21 02:35 PM
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Perry, NY
Originally Posted by Massac

Source?

Really I wanted to say it's cause 0 deaths from excessive use. I don't have a source to back up the 7,500 deaths. The alcohol information I can provide sources for.

Deaths from excessive marijuana use are going to come in the form of respiratory illnesses such as lung cancer, emphysema, COPD.. but those deaths need to attributed to marijuana and marijuana only, not also because both smokes cigarettes and smokes a joint. I'm not going to be able to find you and exact number because the numbers aren't out there yet.

Deaths linked to marijuana usage are literally a drop in the Atlantic compared to deaths related to alcohol use and tobacco use. Cigarettes are linked to 480,000 deaths a year in America, I'm not sure how many deaths there are a year from chew or dip. Alcohol causes the deaths of 95,000 americans

Nicotine is a drug, its a chemical that stimulates your mind
Alcohol is a drug, it's a chemical that suppresses your mind
THC is a drug, it's a chemical that can either stimulate or suppress your mind based on the strain

Two of the above drugs are legal in 50 states and cause well over half a million lives lost on a yearly basis

Marijuana doesn't even come close to the damage that these other legal substances cause.

But the war on drugs and the negative stigma the government has portrayed around marijuana sure has the older generation shaking in their boots.

Did you realize that the hemp plant (which I know can't get you high) has over 120 uses? Rope, oil, stalks compressed into flooring, paper, just to name a few. In the 1930s the federal government started the war on hemp and marijuana due to lobbying from companies like DuPont that realized that this plant with so many universal uses could compete with and potentially make some of their businesses obsolete?

Marijuana is coming guys. It's going to be okay.

It is more safe than getting drunk every Friday and Saturday night and smoking a carton of marlboro reds during the week[/quote]

I can agree with much of what you have said. I admit that I am undecided on the issue, BUT, you have lost all credibility. You say you have sources for the alcohol related statistics, but provided none. And you admitted that you made up the statistics for marijuana.

Re: New York legalizer recreational weed. [Re: Gary Benson] #7232717
04/01/21 03:00 PM
04/01/21 03:00 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Well nm just passed it. It's now on ther governor's desk. Won't go into effect for 2 years.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread