No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Big stick catch pole problems. #7234831
04/04/21 10:05 AM
04/04/21 10:05 AM
North Carolina
B
Bucknuts Offline OP
trapper
Bucknuts  Offline OP
trapper
B

North Carolina
Hey guys. I purchased a big stick catch pole from southern snares last year and I may have used it 10 times and it worked amazing. But now it will no longer release automatically when you pull the release piece on the rear of the pole. I now have to use the weight of the animal to release it. Anyone else had this problem before? Or any idea's how to fix this problem? Thanks for reading. Hope everyone has a great day and Happy Easter!

Re: Big stick catch pole problems. [Re: Bucknuts] #7234846
04/04/21 10:26 AM
04/04/21 10:26 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
I would call Brian at So Snares and ask, if it was me.
He will make it right.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Big stick catch pole problems. [Re: Bucknuts] #7234850
04/04/21 10:35 AM
04/04/21 10:35 AM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
I know nothing about them but just a guess if it automatically released at one time it may need some lube on a spring or release point.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Big stick catch pole problems. [Re: Bucknuts] #7234870
04/04/21 11:13 AM
04/04/21 11:13 AM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Been a while since I have had my pole apart but I have had the same problem. The connection where part of the tube screws onto the cable spring had come unscrewed, therefore the spring could no longer function. I figured out how to disassemble and screw it back together by looking at diagrams like the one in the link below:

Ketch All Pole Parts Diagram and Instructions

There are also some you tube videos that may be helpful. Your pole may be a different brand name but they are probably the same design. Mine was not a Ketch All brand but the design and parts were the same.

I used blue loctite on the screw threads when I put mine back together.

They tend to take a beating if you use them a lot and will eventually need some maintenance so it is good to know how to take them apart and put them back together.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Big stick catch pole problems. [Re: QuietButDeadly] #7234925
04/04/21 01:08 PM
04/04/21 01:08 PM
North Carolina
B
Bucknuts Offline OP
trapper
Bucknuts  Offline OP
trapper
B

North Carolina
Thank you very much for the link and info. I will check it out. Thanks!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread