No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Garden seed starting [Re: Born] #7235534
04/05/21 11:20 AM
04/05/21 11:20 AM
N.W. Iowa
T
Tactical.20 Offline
trapper
Tactical.20  Offline
trapper
T

N.W. Iowa
I have seed starter kits, each one holds fifty some seedlings

Re: Garden seed starting [Re: bowhunter27295] #7235556
04/05/21 12:15 PM
04/05/21 12:15 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Doing some starting myself this year. First try.

Started flowers for the garden, tomatoes, peppers, beets, watermelons and cantaloupes. Gonna try okra also.

I used Black gold seedling mix to start seeds initially. I worked well but slow. I did not fertilize soon enough to promote faster, more complete growth.

I am fertilizing my starts after they get their first true leaves. I should have started much sooner. I used 1 Tbsp 20-20-20 miracle gro/gallon of distilled water. I sprayed one stream squirt per plant when very young once/week. Once they started growing well I went to twice a week. I water everything twice a day. I stepped the peppers up into larger compartments as they got older. I used sifted MG soil for stepping up and the plants went from struggling to beautiful dark green.

This is my first year so I am learning and all info in greatly appreciated.

Watermelons and cantaloupes are peaking out at me now. Started Friday.

My watermelon and cukes seeds I started last week acted like they couldn't wait to get in the dirt. My tomato seeds in the same trays are struggling a bit. Cherry/plum tomatoes haven't even popped up yet

Re: Garden seed starting [Re: Born] #7235610
04/05/21 02:08 PM
04/05/21 02:08 PM
Texas
O
otterdog Offline
trapper
otterdog  Offline
trapper
O

Texas
LOL. All you Northern guys talking about starting your set plants from seed last week. Down here in Tx I’ve already got mine started, grown, and transplanted. Lollll. Big difference in North and South

Re: Garden seed starting [Re: otterdog] #7235620
04/05/21 02:35 PM
04/05/21 02:35 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by otterdog
LOL. All you Northern guys talking about starting your set plants from seed last week. Down here in Tx I’ve already got mine started, grown, and transplanted. Lollll. Big difference in North and South

Part of the state where I was born is 2-3 weeks behind where I am now. This is the dangerous part of the year for us as the weather looks great for the next few weeks. But as soon as we try to put any frost sensitive stuff outside, or will frost.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread