No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235562
04/05/21 12:24 PM
04/05/21 12:24 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Why is it that NO ONE with FH comes in here and answers these questions? Tman is the best outlet to reach their shippers as it appears the FH website is not.

I have no skin in this game but these type threads are started before EVERY FurHarvesters sale.

Is there no Tman members that are FH employees or on the inside that can straighten this out for everyone?

I dont understand why FH just remains quiet if they want folks to ship them fur.

Shippers need more than a once a year wild-arse guess market forecast followed by no further info from them.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235567
04/05/21 12:40 PM
04/05/21 12:40 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
At this point in time, the staff at FH is working to get ready for the upcoming sale. Sample lots. Catalogs. Putting pictures in the buyers on line catalogs. Lots of little details. Posting on Tman is not top priority right know. Getting ready for the sale is.

FH operates with a much smaller staff than NAFA had. NAFA had dedicated IT employees. FH does not. The person in charge of the web site also works in the warehouse. I’m sure some one at FH keeps an eye on Tman, just to see what is being said. Any post they might make would have to be perfectly worded so as not to cause problems.

In the past, NAFA would have employees that posted on Tman. They would post as NAFA employees and would post general information and try to answer questions. Just about every post they made turned into a whining thread. Members, like jtrapper, complaining about something that happened back in the 1980’s. Folks upset with Private Treaty deals. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

What should have been informative threads went downhill fast. Eventually, NAFA employees were told they should not post on Tman. Possibly the same is true at FH. There is enough controversy on FH threads as there is. Why add more fuel to the fire.

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235611
04/05/21 02:09 PM
04/05/21 02:09 PM
NNY
080808 Online content
trapper
080808  Online Content
trapper

NNY
2X

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: wissmiss] #7235625
04/05/21 02:41 PM
04/05/21 02:41 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by wissmiss
At this point in time, the staff at FH is working to get ready for the upcoming sale. Sample lots. Catalogs. Putting pictures in the buyers on line catalogs. Lots of little details. Posting on Tman is not top priority right know. Getting ready for the sale is.

FH operates with a much smaller staff than NAFA had. NAFA had dedicated IT employees. FH does not. The person in charge of the web site also works in the warehouse. I’m sure some one at FH keeps an eye on Tman, just to see what is being said. Any post they might make would have to be perfectly worded so as not to cause problems.

In the past, NAFA would have employees that posted on Tman. They would post as NAFA employees and would post general information and try to answer questions. Just about every post they made turned into a whining thread. Members, like jtrapper, complaining about something that happened back in the 1980’s. Folks upset with Private Treaty deals. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.

What should have been informative threads went downhill fast. Eventually, NAFA employees were told they should not post on Tman. Possibly the same is true at FH. There is enough controversy on FH threads as there is. Why add more fuel to the fire.

The same old song and dance just a different day.

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: wissmiss] #7235626
04/05/21 02:42 PM
04/05/21 02:42 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA

What should have been informative threads went downhill fast. Eventually, NAFA employees were told they should not post on Tman. Possibly the same is true at FH. There is enough controversy on FH threads as there is. Why add more fuel to the fire?

Cause it makes interesting reading!!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235629
04/05/21 02:45 PM
04/05/21 02:45 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Beav - that’s what happens when a person gets old and senile. Right?? smile

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7235637
04/05/21 02:51 PM
04/05/21 02:51 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Why is it that NO ONE with FH comes in here and answers these questions? Tman is the best outlet to reach their shippers as it appears the FH website is not.

I have no skin in this game but these type threads are started before EVERY FurHarvesters sale.

Is there no Tman members that are FH employees or on the inside that can straighten this out for everyone?

I dont understand why FH just remains quiet if they want folks to ship them fur.

Shippers need more than a once a year wild-arse guess market forecast followed by no further info from them.

You have a US director on the board-If you are a loyal shipper I'm sure you have his contact info.Ask him.

Like wismiss said-they wont subject themselves to the stupidity/bashing on an open forum from clueless people or people with ulterior motives/competitors.
They are too busy working for trappers.

Last edited by Boco; 04/05/21 02:54 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235647
04/05/21 03:03 PM
04/05/21 03:03 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Boco - very well said.

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235651
04/05/21 03:07 PM
04/05/21 03:07 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Well If you want a person to deal with your organization you need to be up front with those persons. And If you take a little flack when you post the information then so be It. No one likes to be treated like a mushroom.

They could hire Miss Wiss she has plenty of time on her hands and seems to know her way around the fur trade and auction process.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: Boco] #7235669
04/05/21 03:17 PM
04/05/21 03:17 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

You have a US director on the board-If you are a loyal shipper I'm sure you have his contact info.Ask him.

Like wismiss said-they wont subject themselves to the stupidity/bashing on an open forum from clueless people or people with ulterior motives/competitors.
They are too busy working for trappers.

As stated...I have no skin in this game....so Im just making an observation.....

They are too busy working for trappers??? Really?

Is that the reason why it seems NO ONE knows what the heck is going on with the FH or any of their auctions? Some of the trappers asking about what is going on are longtime shippers to FH.

Why would any trapper want to ship to a company where it seems like the current shippers are kept in the dark and the companies ops are not explained?

I hate to see them foldup like NAFA, but their marketing and openness to their shippers sux. Things dont look good for them and by missing opportunities to inform their shippers is BAD business.

I dont understand why a company with their crap together would worry about what a Tman thread turned into. Just put a post out about their plans and schedules......give trappers the correct info they need to make an informed decision about whether to ship to them or not.

Another fur company does this on Tman.

HOW DANG HARD IS THAT???

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235690
04/05/21 03:38 PM
04/05/21 03:38 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
They are not a big company just a bunch of trappers with a bit of hired staff.
Like I said-contact your director-no need for whining and bashing.The directors are volunteer trappers representing the grassroots.There is 1 director from the ranch industry and 1 representing US trappers.There are 9 directors on the board that make the decisions on the direction of the company.If you have concerns contact your director and get him to bring it up at the board meeting.If you ship fur you are a delegate and can attend the AGM board meeting in North Bay once a year and vote.
Trappers are loyal to FHA because it was started by trappers for trappers and remains such.That is why trappers ship to FHA.

Last edited by Boco; 04/05/21 03:44 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235729
04/05/21 04:16 PM
04/05/21 04:16 PM
ME.
W
WBG Offline
trapper
WBG  Offline
trapper
W

ME.
Too busy to keep it's customer base informed? Must be a Democrat company. Anybody whose been around awhile knows exactly what the silence means. Be careful when You bend over to tie Your shoes.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235736
04/05/21 04:20 PM
04/05/21 04:20 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I imagine after reading a thread like this top brass at FHA are glad they don't post here. No way to win.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: beaverpeeler] #7235743
04/05/21 04:30 PM
04/05/21 04:30 PM
sseMinnesota
blackhammer Offline
trapper
blackhammer  Offline
trapper

sseMinnesota
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I imagine after reading a thread like this top brass at FHA are glad they don't post here. No way to win.

I doubt their top brass can even figure out how to get online. Unbelievable,your customers are treated like ,your lucky we take your fur. A high school kid could update accounts and communicate with shippers better than those clowns do

Ah,for the life of a millionaire,say some,but just let me stay a trapper. Bill Nelson
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235749
04/05/21 04:35 PM
04/05/21 04:35 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
I think you would be surprised who at FH follows Tman. Probably s vernal (or more) of the top brass.

Back in the NAFA days, even Herman followed Tman. I know that for a fact because on more than one occasion he would comment to me about something some one had posted. Others the followed Tman - Oscar, the Private Treaty person.

I still say that getting ready for the upcoming sale is more important that jousting on Tman.

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235759
04/05/21 05:01 PM
04/05/21 05:01 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
Groney ROCKS.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: wissmiss] #7235771
04/05/21 05:23 PM
04/05/21 05:23 PM
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD
Beav - that’s what happens when a person gets old and senile. Right?? smile

Or one can always run for President of our nation!!lol

Long live the MAGA King
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235778
04/05/21 05:36 PM
04/05/21 05:36 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
So can dealers have minuim bid limits set on goods at sale or in pt room ?

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235793
04/05/21 05:51 PM
04/05/21 05:51 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
In the past, dealers could put limits on their goods IF the goods were all theirs. If the dealers goods were in the intersort lots, the no limits.

When NAFA closed, FHA changed their policy. Due to limited storage space, dealers could no long put limits on their goods. Many dealer goods were intersorted with trappers goods. Dealers had no choice.

There are still a couple of major players that have limits on their goods. Special favor from FH for the volume they send.

www.usedtraps.com

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7235811
04/05/21 06:09 PM
04/05/21 06:09 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
One of the few times that Greg S was on here everything was in CAPITAL letters, but he was recovering from a heart attach
funny what a couple of Saskatchewan racoon did to him

Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread