No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236518
04/06/21 03:13 PM
04/06/21 03:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 853
el vado, nm
T
Tom Fisher Offline
trapper
Tom Fisher  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 853
el vado, nm
Phone meeting this Thursday to lay out a plan, religious killing is still okay on public land?! They sold New Mexico to the dogs, bill was named after a dog off leash and snared by a game thief (poacher). To all of you that helped my thanks and some advice get to know your political reps, better yet make sure they know who you are!

Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236526
04/06/21 03:26 PM
04/06/21 03:26 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Alaska
D
drasselt Offline
trapper
drasselt  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,763
Alaska
Sorry to see this go down and it's especially hard since it was such a close vote....

Can someone please provide a link to the actual bill if that is available Thanks.


you can vote your way into socialism, but you will have to shoot your way out.
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236568
04/06/21 04:27 PM
04/06/21 04:27 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 25,960
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 25,960
Central, SD
Same thing Arizona did years back and the land was mostly BLM property.

So hunting will be next on the list?

Last edited by Law Dog; 04/06/21 04:30 PM.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236571
04/06/21 04:30 PM
04/06/21 04:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,155
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,155
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Is this a done deal? Gov. signed it? Nevermind, I see she signed it.

Last edited by martentrapper; 04/06/21 04:34 PM.
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: Wanna Be] #7236593
04/06/21 05:05 PM
04/06/21 05:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,202
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,202
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Just wait until “pets” start becoming snacks for the predators, then they’ll be screaming something needs to be done.

Regretfully that will never happen, look at CA. where lions and coyotes are grabbing toddlers out of strollers, after years of this no one is calling for hunting or trapping seasons to be re-opened.

Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: Tom Fisher] #7236595
04/06/21 05:09 PM
04/06/21 05:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,202
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,202
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by Tom Fisher
Phone meeting this Thursday to lay out a plan, religious killing is still okay on public land?! They sold New Mexico to the dogs, bill was named after a dog off leash and snared by a game thief (poacher). To all of you that helped my thanks and some advice get to know your political reps, better yet make sure they know who you are!

Sounds pretty RACIST to me, Indians can be exempted because of race? serious trappers regard it as on a par with a religious activity. Lets start our own church!!!

Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236603
04/06/21 05:14 PM
04/06/21 05:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 30,895
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 30,895
james bay frontierOnt.
Once trapping gets relegated to being a sport it is doomed.
Trapping is not a sport it is a commercial enterprise responsible for hundreds of thousands of jobs spin offs included.
Not so easy to ban peoples livelihood.

Last edited by Boco; 04/06/21 05:15 PM.
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: Boco] #7236605
04/06/21 05:17 PM
04/06/21 05:17 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by Boco
Once trapping gets relegated to being a sport it is doomed.
Trapping is not a sport it is a commercial enterprise responsible for hundreds of thousands of jobs spin offs included.
Not so easy to ban peoples livelihood.

A big amen to that!But nobody in the lower 48(or very few)seem to care,they keep wanting to treat it and calling it a sport


Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: Wanna Be] #7236607
04/06/21 05:20 PM
04/06/21 05:20 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Just wait until “pets” start becoming snacks for the predators, then they’ll be screaming something needs to be done.

They could care less.The only thing that matters,is they got the general public to quit trapping.That's all that matters.From here on out,the only trapping to be done will be by govt agents of one kind or another.

Last edited by Buck (Zandra); 04/06/21 05:22 PM.
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: wy.wolfer] #7236665
04/06/21 07:00 PM
04/06/21 07:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,197
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,197
nm
Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Originally Posted by Tom Fisher
Phone meeting this Thursday to lay out a plan, religious killing is still okay on public land?! They sold New Mexico to the dogs, bill was named after a dog off leash and snared by a game thief (poacher). To all of you that helped my thanks and some advice get to know your political reps, better yet make sure they know who you are!

Sounds pretty RACIST to me, Indians can be exempted because of race? serious trappers regard it as on a par with a religious activity. Lets start our own church!!!

As one NM senator said, this will turn into the next blame the Indian problem. The last time we were blamed was the initial covid spike which was blamed on the natives here.

I can already see it happening. A poacher will have an incident and the antis and lawmakers will immediately blame the natives

Last edited by adam m; 04/06/21 07:02 PM.
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236669
04/06/21 07:07 PM
04/06/21 07:07 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
I read a post a little while ago that said the New Mexico Game Wardens supported this bill.Is this true,or was that fake news?


Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: wy.wolfer] #7236674
04/06/21 07:11 PM
04/06/21 07:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 25,960
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 25,960
Central, SD
Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Originally Posted by Tom Fisher
Phone meeting this Thursday to lay out a plan, religious killing is still okay on public land?! They sold New Mexico to the dogs, bill was named after a dog off leash and snared by a game thief (poacher). To all of you that helped my thanks and some advice get to know your political reps, better yet make sure they know who you are!

Sounds pretty RACIST to me, Indians can be exempted because of race? serious trappers regard it as on a par with a religious activity. Lets start our own church!!!



Pretty sure it’s one of the few treaties we did not break yet with the natives, so that may apply in that case it happens in many states.


Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236680
04/06/21 07:20 PM
04/06/21 07:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,263
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,263
williamsburg ks
Native????!!! My big toe. I was born in this country too. I am sick of all this racist posturing. I am very seriously considering being a regulation violater. Europeans were not any tougher on indians than indians were to each other. Without europeans indians would still not know what a wheel was. I am getting fed up with all the whining about how toughlife is for indians. My kidsdont getfree housing food healthcare and college. That BLM and forest is the property of all us NATIVES


Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236719
04/06/21 08:04 PM
04/06/21 08:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,476
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,476
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
How can a state govner keep us from trapping Nationally owned land?? Don't we all own this land. Trappers and dog walkers?


NRALIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER(PTA)(FTA)(NMTA)(RMEF)
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236726
04/06/21 08:11 PM
04/06/21 08:11 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
New Mexico
C
coytrpr Offline
trapper
coytrpr  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
New Mexico
New Mexico Conservation Officers Association DID NOT support this bill. In fact they went out on a limb and testified strongly against it as private citizens. Our game wardens understand the facts about trapping. I just hope they don't get backlash in the workplace because they supported the trapping community.

Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: coytrpr] #7236738
04/06/21 08:23 PM
04/06/21 08:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,061
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Online content
trapper
SJA  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,061
Western Shore Delaware
Originally Posted by coytrpr
New Mexico Conservation Officers Association DID NOT support this bill. In fact they went out on a limb and testified strongly against it as private citizens. Our game wardens understand the facts about trapping. I just hope they don't get backlash in the workplace because they supported the trapping community.

More than likely, the Dept. will be directed to create a "policy, reg," or otherwise additional burden to the GW's to go out and aggressively enforce the new laws with top priority . . . it's all about hunter / trapper checks and numbers. The old "Figures lie, and liars figure" adage :-(

Last edited by SJA; 04/06/21 08:30 PM.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: coytrpr] #7236748
04/06/21 08:35 PM
04/06/21 08:35 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,697
Garden,Michigan
Originally Posted by coytrpr
New Mexico Conservation Officers Association DID NOT support this bill. In fact they went out on a limb and testified strongly against it as private citizens. Our game wardens understand the facts about trapping. I just hope they don't get backlash in the workplace because they supported the trapping community.

I thought that was way out of line but that's exactly what it said.I'm not going to say for sure where I saw it,I get posts from Outdoor Life,Sportsmen Alliance,and a few more and I saw it on one of their articles on the trap ban.


Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236802
04/06/21 09:32 PM
04/06/21 09:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,370
chelsea,wi
keets Offline
trapper
keets  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,370
chelsea,wi
I believe the right to hunt, fish, and trap is in the Wisconsin state constitution....you guys in states that don't have that better get after it NOW


2021 goals....make time to trap
PROUD MEMBER WTA NTA FTA NRA GOA SPORTSMANS ALLIANCE
Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: yukon254] #7236864
04/06/21 10:22 PM
04/06/21 10:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,269
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,269
SW Pa
Trapping as a whole is about done. Fur market is about done.

The idea that these big anti organizations with 100million dollar budgets are intimidated by trappers organizations is wishful thinking.

Re: New Mexico- trapping ban [Re: wr otis] #7236906
04/06/21 10:58 PM
04/06/21 10:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,726
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,726
Oregon
Originally Posted by wr otis
Trapping as a whole is about done. Fur market is about done.

The idea that these big anti organizations with 100million dollar budgets are intimidated by trappers organizations is wishful thinking.

You are wrong sir!

Well, you are also right. Thing is, they, (meaning groups that solicit money to do away with trapping, hunting etc) need to show people their victories. They need to justify themselves to people sending in those checks. States that have active trapper organizations can hire lobbyists, can get out there and get help from other affected parties such as Ag, Timber, Outdoors groups of all types. When that happens, money can be matched and outraged groups of all colors come out of the woodworks to fight them and their lies and half truths. This puts a lot of pressure on them, and the anti groups have found out (often to their chagrin) that they can (and do) lose at the ballot box and in the legislature.

They don't like having to admit to their sponsors that they can and do lose these battles. Therefore they go after the states that they think are easy push overs. The first responders are always going to be us trappers and our stronger organizations.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 04/06/21 10:59 PM.

"Can't we all just get along?" ---Rodney King (1991)
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread