No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Question for the mechanics #7236915
04/06/21 11:06 PM
04/06/21 11:06 PM
New York
J
Jim H Offline OP
trapper
Jim H  Offline OP
trapper
J

New York
My wife's 2014 Grand Caravan is throwing a code for the torque converter. How tough of a job is this? I've never done a front wheel drive converter.

Re: Question for the mechanics [Re: Jim H] #7236971
04/07/21 04:10 AM
04/07/21 04:10 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Front wheel drive torque converters aren't too bad with a lift and the proper tools. If you do enough mechanical work yourself you should have no problem. I'd hate to have to do one on the ground though. If your not use to doing motor and tranny work take it to a garage, this is not amatuer work like changing an alternator. Pump may also be full of clutch material with the torque converter already out you may want to change it too

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Question for the mechanics [Re: Jim H] #7236975
04/07/21 04:34 AM
04/07/21 04:34 AM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Having a code for a torque converter does not automatically mean it needs a torque converter. I cannot stress enough proper diagnosis.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Question for the mechanics [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7237182
04/07/21 10:01 AM
04/07/21 10:01 AM
New York
J
Jim H Offline OP
trapper
Jim H  Offline OP
trapper
J

New York
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
Having a code for a torque converter does not automatically mean it needs a torque converter. I cannot stress enough proper diagnosis.

My buddy runs a shop. We plugged it in and ran the diagnostics and it reported the tc clutch solenoid was working correctly, that was the only other thing it could have been.

Turtledale, I have thought about a new pump as well as inspecting and replacing the flexplate.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread