No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Immigrants/Polish American SEAL #7238030
04/08/21 09:23 AM
04/08/21 09:23 AM
Texas
J
jtg Offline OP
trapper
jtg  Offline OP
trapper
J

Texas
We could use more immigrants, like this fine man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V--ZFTcDrY

Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7238033
04/08/21 09:28 AM
04/08/21 09:28 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
I worked/hunted with a group of Polish guys years back their dedication to bringing family over from the old country was admirable. They kept everything simple/basic to save for other family members and nothing went to waste on a deer.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7238052
04/08/21 09:46 AM
04/08/21 09:46 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
I was born in Bay City, Michigan which is a majority Polish. As a matter of fact, the majority of people in Michigan are Poles. You just don't hear too much about that.

Over the years I've have worked with and had friends from childhood that were Polish. Many of whom had me out numbered in the smarts area.

And some awesomely beautiful girls and women. Most Poles were of a larger stature than myself. What my being only 5 foot 6 inches (Scottish background mainly with a little Dutch)

Most I ever knew here very gregarious souls and sluffed off the Polish jokes. A few did not. mad

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7238108
04/08/21 11:02 AM
04/08/21 11:02 AM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
The people that lived across the road from us here were Polish with a capital P. They spoke Polish at home and English was actually their second language. Great folks, Catholics with 11 kids. The patriarch of the clan passed away a few years ago when near 90. The matriarch is still kicking and looks, honestly, like she did 30 years ago. She is in her mid 90's now. They were from Hamtramack, Mi., a town that used to be about 99% Polish. Every year they have a family reunion they refer to as a "Roundup" and the kids/grandkids/ great grandkids gather from all over creation to have what can only be called a huge feed! The food these folks cook up is epic in taste, quantity, and variety......best part is they always lug some of the leftovers to yours truely when they disperse at the end of the "Roundup". My mouth is watering just thinking about all those various Polish dishes.

Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7238297
04/08/21 03:20 PM
04/08/21 03:20 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
I had a student, from back when I taught welding, and was a great guy! Never knew anyone with a bigger vocabulary of Polish jokes, he would have you in stitches for hours and never the same one twice! Quite a card, and he kinda dissapeared about twenty years ago. I hope he is doing well, last I knew he was working and living in Kansas City.

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7238427
04/08/21 05:53 PM
04/08/21 05:53 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The 2nd largest immigrant ethnicity group in WI is Polish. Germans roughly 52% Poles about 7%. Poland during the 19th century was divided into 3 different sectors, German, Russian and Austria-Hungary. The vast majority of Polish immigrants in WI came from the German sector. We have numerous villages with Polish names and WI has the largest Polish agriculture ownership and workers in the USA.

Bryce

Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: seniortrap] #7238453
04/08/21 06:16 PM
04/08/21 06:16 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by seniortrap
I was born in Bay City, Michigan which is a majority Polish. As a matter of fact, the majority of people in Michigan are Poles. You just don't hear too much about that.

Over the years I've have worked with and had friends from childhood that were Polish. Many of whom had me out numbered in the smarts area.

And some awesomely beautiful girls and women. Most Poles were of a larger stature than myself. What my being only 5 foot 6 inches (Scottish background mainly with a little Dutch)

Most I ever knew here very gregarious souls and sluffed off the Polish jokes. A few did not. mad

One of my best friends from childhood was from Michigan. Last name of Stanislawski... Kid was crazy smart and had an imagination like I've never seen. His dad was pretty sharp and and one of the hardest working guys I've ever known... Owned his own handyman/home improvement company.

And my buddy knew more Pollock jokes than anybody I've ever met. LOL

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7238546
04/08/21 08:21 PM
04/08/21 08:21 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Seven of my eight great grandparents were born in Poland and immigrated here in the early 1900s. Growing up in a Polish community, I would say the two biggest traits of Poles were that they were extremely hard workers and very frugal. I worked in the mines with many guys of Polish decent....they kept me entertained and laughing all shift long.

Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7238725
04/08/21 10:41 PM
04/08/21 10:41 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
If it isn't convenient for me to get to the good German butcher shop, I have found 2 or 3 Polish places that do a bang up job. IDK what other talents the Poles brought but they are handy with the hangin meats!

Any and all our special forces guys are a cut above the rest so far as I know. They do the jobs nobody else would want or come back from.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Immigrants/Polish American SEAL [Re: jtg] #7239851
04/10/21 10:51 AM
04/10/21 10:51 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
All of the Poles that I have known have been intelligent, hard working, good family people and great cooks.
We need more like that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread