No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Joining the military [Re: traprjohn] #7238449
04/08/21 06:08 PM
04/08/21 06:08 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by traprjohn
Originally Posted by Gone Trappin.
[
I am loyal to the constitution. I just fear what if I joined and had to do something I don’t agree with?

that's the chance you take

Pretty big chance considering the simp currently inhabiting the oval office. I wouldn't even dream of joining right now... Not with the push to use our armed services as a social experiment or brown-shirt enforcers.

But it is the young man's choice and I would advise him to research carefully.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7238452
04/08/21 06:12 PM
04/08/21 06:12 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
You will come out a better person IMO!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7238601
04/08/21 09:13 PM
04/08/21 09:13 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
I haven't read all the posts here, but I would join again in a heart beat. If you can't get into Westpoint, I would at least get an associates degree before going in. It will open more doors. If not, do not join until you have a GT score of over 110. (If they still go by GT scores). Again it opens more doors. The military is good for all!!!

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7238636
04/08/21 09:28 PM
04/08/21 09:28 PM
Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
C
cbat Offline
trapper
cbat  Offline
trapper
C

Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
My biggest regret in life was not serving. I think about it very often. I am 55 and would join now if I could.

The real Wally
Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7238647
04/08/21 09:36 PM
04/08/21 09:36 PM
new york
B
banchee Offline
trapper
banchee  Offline
trapper
B

new york
gone trappin, i did 25 years in the army and retired a master sergeant i served mostly with the 82nd airborne division all over the globe and several wars and dust ups , now the govt pays me a good pension, its a hard life in the infantry but iam proud of my service and would never try to talk a young man out of serving the country in the military regardless of the branch , its a serious decision but i say go for it you wont regret it just my 2 cent banchee

TOMMY HAYES
Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7239844
04/10/21 10:39 AM
04/10/21 10:39 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Originally Posted by Gone Trappin.
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
I'm not a servicemember, but my personal opinion is that we need all the people we can get in the armed forces who are loyal to the Constitution and the country above the government. Serve well, just know where your line in the sand is and remember it.

I am loyal to the constitution. I just fear what if I joined and had to do something I don’t agree with?

KK is absolutely correct. We desperately need good, solid Americans everywhere, especially in gov't service.

GT, they taught us that it is our DUTY to disobey unlawful orders in the US Army in the 1980s. Hopefully they still teach that today. The whole "did what they told me to" excuse flew out the window during the Nuremberg trials. Stand true to your values and your oath of service, then you'll always be able to hold your head high.

US Army Oath of Enlistment

Serving in the military is a great thing for each of us, and for our country. You'll have earned the right to be proud of that for the rest of your life.

IMHO, serving at least two years in the military with at least one of those years in a Third World country ought to be required for citizenship and/or the right to vote.
People value things more when they have skin in the game. Tend to trash what comes easy or free. So make it cost!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7239903
04/10/21 11:45 AM
04/10/21 11:45 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I guess you could say the military got me where I am today. No regrets and life is good. Not everyone is cut out for it. You have to want to serve in order to have a good experience. I’ve known a lot of kids that talked a big game for attention until it came time to leave then decided it wasn’t for them. I sometimes wish it was mandatory for ALL kids to enlist for at least 2 years at 18 years of age...which would have included my own, although they turned out alright having an ex military Dad, lol.

Re: Joining the military [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7240630
04/11/21 09:52 AM
04/11/21 09:52 AM
RI / MN
C
Cameron Kelsey Offline
trapper
Cameron Kelsey  Offline
trapper
C

RI / MN
I joined the Navy in 1995 and am still serving. It has been a great career and I am still enjoying it.

I say join if it is something you want to do. Like any other major decision, think it through and do your research. Feel free to contact me if you care to discuss or think I can assist you in any way.

CWO4, SC, US Navy
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread