No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Pistols will soon be rifles #7238202
04/08/21 01:09 PM
04/08/21 01:09 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Everyone knows that pistols with braces are just a way to get around the NFAs rules on short barreled rifles. That's not a secret to anyone. But it just shows the lunacy of the NFA, and shows that there will always be a way around the rules. All gun control is unconstitutional anyway, so who cares if your 10" barreled AR has a stock or a brace. It's dumb.
But part of Biden's proposal today is a rules change to make pistols with braces short barreled rifles,subject to NFA rules. That means that if you own one, you'll be required to go through the extra nonsense and pay for a $200 permission slip from uncle Sam.

Re: Pistols will soon be rifles [Re: loosegoose] #7238216
04/08/21 01:25 PM
04/08/21 01:25 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
Look up the difference between an EA and an EO.

Save the 200.00, Put a Crutch tip on the Buffer tube.

I would not loose any sleep: Yet.

Re: Pistols will soon be rifles [Re: Mike Cope] #7238218
04/08/21 01:32 PM
04/08/21 01:32 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Horn

Save the 200.00, Put a Crutch tip on the Buffer tube.

I would not loose any sleep: Yet.

I'll save my $200 regardless. I just went on cheaper than dirt and ordered the cheapest pistol brace they had in stock.

Re: Pistols will soon be rifles [Re: loosegoose] #7238314
04/08/21 03:42 PM
04/08/21 03:42 PM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia

I'd like to because I'm interested in the pistol/short barreled rifle issue, but have no idea what an EA or an EO is.

Re: Pistols will soon be rifles [Re: loosegoose] #7238660
04/08/21 09:47 PM
04/08/21 09:47 PM
Piney va. soon be 19
cotton Offline
trapper
cotton  Offline
trapper

Piney va. soon be 19
An executive order (in a generic sense) would be an order by the executive of a country to be carried out within that country. Specifically, it is an order by the President of the United States to those offices under the control of the executive branch of the United States (such as the Border Patrol). Examples include President Trump's order to postpone immigration or President Obama's order to restrict enforcement of immigration law.

An executive agreement is an agreement with the executive of another country, such as the Iran nuclear deal.

Executive agreement

An executive agreement[1] is an agreement between the heads of government of two or more nations that has not been ratified by the legislature as treaties are ratified. Executive agreements are considered politically binding to distinguish them from treaties which are legally binding. An executive agreement is one of three mechanisms by which the United States enters into binding international agreements. They are considered treaties by some authors as the term is used under international law in that they bind both the United States and a foreign sovereign state. However, they are not considered treaties as the term is used under United States Constitutional law, because the United States Constitution's treaty procedure requires the advice and consent of two-thirds of the Senate, and these agreements are made solely by the President of the United States. Some other nations have similar provisions with regard to the ratification of treaties.

Executive order

Executive orders are issued by United States presidents and directed towards officers and agencies of the Federal government of the United States. Executive orders have the full force of law when based on the authority derived from statute or the Constitution itself. The ability to make such orders is also based on express or implied Acts of Congress that delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation).[1]

John 3/16

ifin your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough
VTA life member

Re: Pistols will soon be rifles [Re: loosegoose] #7238689
04/08/21 10:10 PM
04/08/21 10:10 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas