No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
FTA convention #7241776
04/12/21 07:50 PM
04/12/21 07:50 PM
south central ohio
R
randy r Offline OP
trapper
randy r  Offline OP
trapper
R

south central ohio
I have been to several NTA conventions,but never to a fta.Are they run about the same? Its only about 3 hrs.away and I thought about going over and tailgaiting.Some useful info would be appreciated.

Re: FTA convention [Re: randy r] #7241808
04/12/21 08:16 PM
04/12/21 08:16 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
I actually prefer the FTA conventions. Tailgating seems to be just as good even though the crowd is usually smaller. I think the smaller crowd actually helps as you can look around more instead of being pushed along. Folks have time to talk with you a bit more too. This is just my observation and feelings after attending a half dozen or so of each.

Re: FTA convention [Re: randy r] #7241812
04/12/21 08:19 PM
04/12/21 08:19 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I don't know if it has changed since we hosted but here are some differences I am aware of
The FTA receives all the monies from the auction only, so all the gate and exhibitor monies go to the host, which is nice
There are no member only demos so the one is welcome to any and all
In general the convention is more relaxed and less formal in some respects
From a hosts perspective I found the FTA much easier to work with in planning, managing and conducting the convention
They are typically smaller as to numbers of attendees, but exhibitors and demo persons are on par
With the continued lower fur prices and lingering virus concerns, planning these conventions is a continued work in progress.

Bryce

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread