No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 31 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 30 31
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242412
04/13/21 03:48 PM
04/13/21 03:48 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Nafa was a mink farmer owned and controled coop set up to make north american farmers money.

"The CMBA through North American Fur Producers Inc. is a major shareholder in North American Fur Auctions - a wholely producer owned international fur auction

."AMC Directors, there will be a conference call Thursday June 7,2012. Herman Jansen will be commenting on the recent CMBA Code of Practice Meeting held in Toronto on this coming Tuesday & Wednesday, we will have him start it off the conference call, and share with us what the CMBA proposals are. Then we will excuse Herman from the call and have a brief discussion on the recent May Sale. We realize what an extremely busy time ofyear this is so we will make this as brief as possible. If any AMC Director is unable to make this conference call please let me know in advance, Thanks."

Last edited by Dirt; 04/13/21 05:05 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242480
04/13/21 04:45 PM
04/13/21 04:45 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
So it starts Friday , does this auction. Have buyers attend in person or internet auction again ? Groenwold buys lots stuff at it or pt deals ?

Last edited by coonman220; 04/13/21 04:46 PM.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: Dirt] #7242499
04/13/21 05:01 PM
04/13/21 05:01 PM
sseMinnesota
blackhammer Offline
trapper
blackhammer  Offline
trapper

sseMinnesota
Originally Posted by Dirt
Nafa was a mink farmer owned and controled coop set up to make north american farmers money.

"The CMBA through North American Fur Producers Inc. is a major shareholder in North American Fur Auctions - a wholely producer owned international fur auction."

. Yes and it didn't take long once ranch mink crashed for things to crumble. Saving for a rainy day wasn't in their business plan. Frankly fur auction was a misleading name for their business.

Last edited by blackhammer; 04/13/21 05:02 PM.

Ah,for the life of a millionaire,say some,but just let me stay a trapper. Bill Nelson
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242521
04/13/21 05:21 PM
04/13/21 05:21 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
In the end the first two words North American were misleading as they were selling 6 million European ranch mink and only 3.8 million North American. smile

Last edited by Dirt; 04/13/21 06:46 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: LLtrapper] #7242526
04/13/21 05:23 PM
04/13/21 05:23 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
"At the FHA sale in April 2020, I did put together a couple of deals after the auction ended." I guess you all glanced over this. I doubt it was your first time in the PT room. I really do not care one way or another. I simply know why you stick up for shady practices of the auctions especially FHA.

On a side note I do not blame nor do I have any disrespect when it comes to your relation that do work for FHA. They are stand up people who work for not so stand up people. LLL

No I didn't glance over that, but I didn't dwell on it like you. How about your post on a nother thread "I could of sold them for 3$ green to Groenwald then covid came around and he didn't want them." Here you have someone trying to market your worthless coon and you are crying like a baby. cry Once again suck it up.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242554
04/13/21 05:59 PM
04/13/21 05:59 PM
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Frazee, MN
I had sent some squirrel there for this 1st auction and they dont show up in my account. Would there be a reason??

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242570
04/13/21 06:20 PM
04/13/21 06:20 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
I agree tp, I usually sent to NAFA or Wiebke, but NAFA was done and by the time I got my fur finished Wiebke had no interest. I could have sold to Groney for 3 to 5 dollar average but I rolled the dice and shipped. Right now those are your choices.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: backroadsarcher] #7242596
04/13/21 06:48 PM
04/13/21 06:48 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
I had sent some squirrel there for this 1st auction and they dont show up in my account. Would there be a reason??

I didn’t realize they took squirrel. Interested to know how you do on them at auction.

Tail bone in or out?

Last edited by BvrRetriever; 04/13/21 06:51 PM.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: teepee2] #7242688
04/13/21 08:06 PM
04/13/21 08:06 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by teepee2
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
"At the FHA sale in April 2020, I did put together a couple of deals after the auction ended." I guess you all glanced over this. I doubt it was your first time in the PT room. I really do not care one way or another. I simply know why you stick up for shady practices of the auctions especially FHA.

On a side note I do not blame nor do I have any disrespect when it comes to your relation that do work for FHA. They are stand up people who work for not so stand up people. LLL

No I didn't glance over that, but I didn't dwell on it like you. How about your post on a nother thread "I could of sold them for 3$ green to Groenwald then covid came around and he didn't want them." Here you have someone trying to market your worthless coon and you are crying like a baby. cry Once again suck it up.

What is it to you toilet paper? For not dwelling on things you sure like to comment on things I post. She said she made side deals in the PT room. You and her said later that she said she did not. Oh I can read. You are the one needing to read for comprehension. You act like a democrat. Just look over the blatently obvious because it conflicts with your jabbering. Your comments do not mean a thing to me. LLL

Last edited by LLtrapper; 04/13/21 08:18 PM.

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242750
04/13/21 09:06 PM
04/13/21 09:06 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Anybody who has dealt with Furharvesters in the past much should know that they have always been about as transparent as a brick wall and have always lied. Their website is also very hard to follow and the numbers don't add up (not sure if this is intentional obscurement or poor tech). That being said, they are the only international auction house of note. Make your decision on whether you want to ship to them or not knowing what you are getting into. In the past when NAFA was still a going concern, no matter how obscure Furharvesters posted auction results were I could compare by either shipping some of my fur to both places, or comparing my fur checks from NAFA to buddies from Furharvesters who had similar quality fur. While I liked dealing with NAFA better and thought I came out ahead through them, Furharvesters was comparable when you cashed the check. Now? Well, you can always sell some at local auction and send some up there, about as good as you can get for comparing since their auction results aren't believable. I sent them a little fur last year that didn't get the offers I wanted at state auction (majority I sold at state auction). Then Canada (and to be fair, most of the world) went Covid crazy. I can't really blame Furharvesters for what happened to their market when the country wouldn't let buyers in. But what I can blame them for is selling some of my PT and sending me a check, without ever telling me what they sold. I never sent them anything this year and did great at the state auction, but I don't know if I have anything on this sale or not, because they have not updated my account since last summer. I know they sold some of my fur because I got a check for it, but I've no idea if they sold all of it or not.

I dealt with NAFA for 20 years and was happy with them, right up until they screwed me out of 20 grand worth of furs. During that time I have dealt multiple times in small quantities with Furharvesters. I have never dealt in larger quantities because I never trusted them and was never happy with their customer service. That being said, their checks have never bounced and always seem to reflect the market fairly. I won't say I will not deal with them in the future, but until and unless their practices change enough to build my trust in them I will not be sending the bulk of my furs to them. I will continue to reserve myself the option of sending furs that I feel I have not been offered a decent price for elsewhere to them. For two reasons; one, it causes both local buyers and buyers at local and state auctions to be required to offer a competitive price if they want my furs. Because they know they can't buy them from me at firesale prices, I simply won't sell them to them at that. And two, I know the risks going in and would rather take the chance on being took by someone I don't trust but have done fairly well with in the past than taking a guaranteed unacceptable price from someone who has made a lowball offer on my furs.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242840
04/13/21 10:12 PM
04/13/21 10:12 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You know up front when you ship to FHA that they will sell at their discretion when and for what price THEY determine-not you.
If you were as good as them at knowing the market you would be running an international auction.

You people that disparage FHA disparage your own.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242959
04/14/21 12:00 AM
04/14/21 12:00 AM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Agree totally with your first sentence Boco. Second, well I understand your point, and agree to an extent, but I have as much interest in running an international auction as I do in running a car lot. . . none.

Not sure what exactly you mean by the third one, unless you are saying that disparaging FHA is disparaging furharvesters (trappers, hunters, etc.) because that is who runs it.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7242961
04/14/21 12:06 AM
04/14/21 12:06 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Online content
trapper
beaverpeeler  Online Content
trapper

Oregon
That is exactly what he is saying Bearcat. A trapper buddy of mine from Michigan talked me into trying FHA back in the early 90's with the pep talk that they were all trappers. The board of directors were all trappers etc, etc. All and all I've been satisfied with FHA, but my local association sales are always first choice...but like you Bearcat, the moment I feel like the bottom feeders are the only bidders on my fur I run that fur up to Canada.

Sometimes that works out and sometimes it just means the bad local offer probably wasn't as bad as I originally thought.

Last edited by beaverpeeler; 04/14/21 12:08 AM.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: blackhammer] #7243044
04/14/21 06:56 AM
04/14/21 06:56 AM
WI
N
nimzy Offline
trapper
nimzy  Offline
trapper
N

WI
Originally Posted by blackhammer

"The CMBA through North American Fur Producers Inc. is a major shareholder in North American Fur Auctions - a wholely producer owned international fur auction."

. Yes and it didn't take long once ranch mink crashed for things to crumble. Saving for a rainy day wasn't in their business plan. Frankly fur auction was a misleading name for their business.

They made no secret that mink was the vast majority of their business. They believed that volume of goods attached more bidders. I was told that the strategy complimented wild fur sales, which was a fraction of the business. I guess it’s like a coyote trapper catching a coon, not really what you’re looking for but you deal with it because it has value.

To me the deep cuts coupled with the time extended were not consider in the business model. Prior things got too good for too long causing complacency.

I also agree an auction company should focus on auction. However capitalism is powered by “greed”

Last edited by nimzy; 04/14/21 07:01 AM.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7243063
04/14/21 07:36 AM
04/14/21 07:36 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
In the beginning the mink ranch only Auction house ALC went down. Bought by the next mink ranch dominated Auction house NAFA who went down. Both owned and run by mink farmers. We will see how the trapper/indigineous people owned one does. At least they are not loaning trappers more than they can sell their fur for.

Who is John Galt?
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7243071
04/14/21 07:44 AM
04/14/21 07:44 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
All I ask is to simply auction off my stuff and to do what you say you will or will not do. They said one thing and did the contrary. Nobody seems to care about that. I just don't get that really. Why did they say they would not sell anything after the sale and then do the contrary. It is not good business. I am sure I am not the only one that is smart enough to see if they are lying about this that there will be more lies down the road. I will not be shipping nothing to another auction house again. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7243075
04/14/21 07:52 AM
04/14/21 07:52 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
One more time. They lied to the buyers to get them to bid. What you want. It did not work and they needed money, so they sold pt after the sale. They gotta sell something to stay alive. Not what they want, or what we want, but these are the realities of the current situation. I wouldn't send anything to them expecting bidding to occur. I haven't sent anything in 3 years and I still have fur on this sale. Nobody will be bidding on it.

Who is John Galt?
Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: Dirt] #7243081
04/14/21 08:03 AM
04/14/21 08:03 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
One more time. They lied to the buyers to get them to bid. What you want. It did not work and they needed money, so they sold pt after the sale. They gotta sell something to stay alive. Not what they want, or what we want, but these are the realities of the current situation. I wouldn't send anything to them expecting bidding to occur. I haven't sent anything in 3 years and I still have fur on this sale. Nobody will be bidding on it.

It will be a death by a million cuts instead of all at once. If you cannot be trusted you cannot do business. I know why they did what they did. I just wish they would have said that upfront. They will end up in bankruptcy court as well I believe but I could be wrong. Sad really that the future of the fur industry will be like a Walmart model where one or two companies give trinkets and beads to the trappers and sell them cheap and dressed into the user countries. The days of making good money on the fur industry is over. I guess I was lucky to see the days when it was in it's glory. LLL

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7243086
04/14/21 08:12 AM
04/14/21 08:12 AM
saskatchewan canada
K
kingrat Offline
trapper
kingrat  Offline
trapper
K

saskatchewan canada
Tell me what is the difference between having everything available private treaty as opposed to having an online sale? Wouldn't you want to buy your stuff private treaty when no one else can bid it up, or you can make a special deal.

Re: FURHARVESTERS [Re: ponyboy] #7243173
04/14/21 10:22 AM
04/14/21 10:22 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
A democrat now there is a low blow. mad I'm not the one who can't comprehend the "room" meant the auction room. I'm also not the one telling lies about were one person has made their purchases, or the one playing the woo is me tune and crying a river. You seem to be the one that is spinning the story to fit your narrative. And you'er calling me a democrat. confused

Last edited by teepee2; 04/14/21 10:23 AM.
Page 12 of 31 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 30 31
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread