No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE #7243716
04/14/21 10:52 PM
04/14/21 10:52 PM
se SD
rags57078 Offline OP
Humorist
rags57078  Offline OP
Humorist

se SD
This question is for members who are current military or LEO's... Have any of your CO's stated what they would do in the event of a federal gun grab???? Would they follow orders from higher up?, or would they stand by their fellow citizens and defend the Constitution?

Off in my own world

Fish on !!!!!!!

47 years in this game of trapping
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243720
04/14/21 10:56 PM
04/14/21 10:56 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
Anyone that answers this question is a FOOL!

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: SJA] #7243739
04/14/21 11:14 PM
04/14/21 11:14 PM
se SD
rags57078 Offline OP
Humorist
rags57078  Offline OP
Humorist

se SD
Originally Posted by SJA

They can message me the answer if they wanted . Yes I know it is an off the wall question but would be nice to have an idea

Off in my own world

Fish on !!!!!!!

47 years in this game of trapping
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243773
04/15/21 12:20 AM
04/15/21 12:20 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
the closest thing I have heard was one guy saying he is very good at his job but might have to get less good.

almost half the counties in the country are 2A sanctuary I expect they would not go out of their way to do much of anything. but that they wouldn't stick their necks out either.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243780
04/15/21 12:58 AM
04/15/21 12:58 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Fine this fool with bite I guess. LOCALLY I have not heard anyone ( In law enforcement) even talk about going door to door (if that is what you are alluding to? ) I also know the guys I worked with would REFUSE to do that as most all are pro 2nd amendment (something you won't hear from the chiefs and other political pawns that will do the news conferences) . That said, I don't know that this would be the case, say, out East or in a right to work state.

At least in the near future I don't see anyone going door to door. The govt is just smart enough (hopefully) to know this would be a blood bath. The govt is all about money so IMO they will use taxes and fines to get their guns. It's a lot easier and far more PROFITABLE than sending out some goon to your door.

Of course this is just my experience on how the govt works (after 22 yrs). IF there's a niche to make money, that's usually the route they'll go....especially the Dems.

Last edited by Calvin; 04/15/21 01:02 AM.
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: SJA] #7243880
04/15/21 08:50 AM
04/15/21 08:50 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by SJA

I'll be your fool.

I will not take anyone's guns in a federal "grab" and likewise, I will not willingly give up my guns.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243887
04/15/21 09:01 AM
04/15/21 09:01 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
The only ones that would go door to door is the UN.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243894
04/15/21 09:16 AM
04/15/21 09:16 AM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas
My gun loving brothers and sisters are doing a good job causing trouble for hunters and shooters. Tripling prices on what is available. Sold out on most items. Yes sir, them fed's are the problem.

Compulsive Coyote Washer
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243907
04/15/21 09:54 AM
04/15/21 09:54 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Some will, some wont. There's plenty of cops that say that they support the 2a, but have no problems arresting people for various gun offenses like carrying without a permit, felons carrying guns, carrying where carrying isn't allowed, owning an illegal firearm, etc etc etc. There's no reason to think those same cops won't show up on your door and take your AR15. So here's the flip side....as a civilian, if there's a gun grab, and your local cop shows up on your doorstep and says give me your guns, what are you going to do? Give them up? Resist arrest and have them taken away anyway? Shoot at that cop?
Out governor here in nebraska just declared Nebraska to be a 2a sanctuary state. What do ya wanna bet would happen if I carried an illegal short barreled rifles AR15 with a lightning link into his office? Do you think that 2a sanctuary state piece of paper with his signature would mean anything?

Last edited by loosegoose; 04/15/21 10:09 AM.
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: loosegoose] #7243914
04/15/21 10:11 AM
04/15/21 10:11 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Some will, some wont. There's plenty of cops that say that they support the 2a, but have no problems arresting people for various gun offenses like carrying without a permit, felons carrying guns, carrying where carrying isn't allowed, owning an illegal firearm, etc etc etc. There's no reason to think those same cops won't show up on your door and take your AR15. So here's the flip side....as a civilian, if there's a gun grab, and your local cop shows up on your doorstep and says give me your guns, what are you going to do? Give them up? Resist arrest and have them taken away anyway? Shoot at that cop?
Out governor here in nebraska just declared Nebraska to be a 2a sanctuary state. What do ya wanna bet would happen if I carried an illegal short barreled rifles AR15 with a lightning link into his office? Do you think that 2a sanctuary state piece of paper with his signature would mean anything?

That would all depend on your intent.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243926
04/15/21 10:36 AM
04/15/21 10:36 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
I think it far less likely that Government will go for the guns than to starve them out from lack of ammunition. And it may not take government.....a few rich guys could do it.

Extremely bothersome to me that there are only 4 outfits making primers in US and 3 of those are under control of Vista group. Anything happens there and all those expensive guns folks like to wave around are gonna become expensive clubs.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: BernieB.] #7243930
04/15/21 10:40 AM
04/15/21 10:40 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Originally Posted by loosegoose

That would all depend on your intent.

I'm pretty sure cops in nebraska will still be arresting people for violating federal gun laws, including anything that gets passed by the current administration.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243939
04/15/21 10:57 AM
04/15/21 10:57 AM
smithfield, virginia
F
flash Offline
trapper
flash  Offline
trapper
F

smithfield, virginia
Ill go here, a couple of coastie`s officers with brown skin started some crap about BLM and the Admiral of that command said not on my watch........ Not another word was spoken on the subject.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: Calvin] #7243943
04/15/21 11:00 AM
04/15/21 11:00 AM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Originally Posted by Calvin
Fine this fool with bite I guess. LOCALLY I have not heard anyone ( In law enforcement) even talk about going door to door (if that is what you are alluding to? ) I also know the guys I worked with would REFUSE to do that as most all are pro 2nd amendment (something you won't hear from the chiefs and other political pawns that will do the news conferences) . That said, I don't know that this would be the case, say, out East or in a right to work state.

At least in the near future I don't see anyone going door to door. The govt is just smart enough (hopefully) to know this would be a blood bath. The govt is all about money so IMO they will use taxes and fines to get their guns. It's a lot easier and far more PROFITABLE than sending out some goon to your door.

Of course this is just my experience on how the govt works (after 22 yrs). IF there's a niche to make money, that's usually the route they'll go....especially the Dems.

Sorry, scratching my head over the right to work state comment. Maybe it is different back east, but my experience is that Union run states are much more left-leaning with communist aspirations. While right to work states are more supportive of both an individuals and companies right to make their own choices. At least out west, right to work states are much more pro 2A while Union run states like Washington and California are anti-gun.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243945
04/15/21 11:05 AM
04/15/21 11:05 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
In the days of Clinton was in office, this issue was on peoples minds. I got resourceful to ask a National Guard member I worked with.

His answer after I presented the issue was, "all of the guys in our unit have agreed not to follow that order"! There are orders that are a violation of military orders.

"If an order is given by someone way above the troops that's questionable, you can refuse under the military objectionable clause.

I can't remember what that direct name/reason is at the moment.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243948
04/15/21 11:10 AM
04/15/21 11:10 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Its an "UNLAWFUL MILITARY ORDER"!

When can a soldier disobey an order?

American military law states that an order can only be disobeyed if it is unlawful .

However, the German military manual states that a military order is not binding if it is not "of any use for service," or cannot reasonably be executed.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243952
04/15/21 11:16 AM
04/15/21 11:16 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
A lot of people say one thing and do something else.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7243968
04/15/21 11:35 AM
04/15/21 11:35 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Not a LEO, but our Sheriff has already stated No One will be coming to get your guns...because they’d have to go through him and his deputies to do so. Sheriffs are elected officials and aren’t going to get many votes confiscating firearms.
I really think it’s up to your State whether they follow the law. As mentioned, marijuana is illegal per federal laws, but legal in some states. Surely if drugs can be exempt from the Feds then guns can as well.

Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: bearcat2] #7243985
04/15/21 11:57 AM
04/15/21 11:57 AM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
Originally Posted by bearcat2
Originally Posted by Calvin

Sorry, scratching my head over the right to work state comment. Maybe it is different back east, but my experience is that Union run states are much more left-leaning with communist aspirations. While right to work states are more supportive of both an individuals and companies right to make their own choices. At least out west, right to work states are much more pro 2A while Union run states like Washington and California are anti-gun.

That comment was delivered by the feeling the cops in those states may feel when refusing orders. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the right to work states but I do know they have little to no backing if someone wants to fire them for simply refusing orders. Those orders can come from anyone in the chain, from the governor on down to city council and mayor. Those cops working under that type of lack of support are more likely to follow orders or get canned....and knowing nobody is going to ge their jobs back for them. It's good to hear those states are "typically" more right leaning BUT political control can change quickly. Just and observation is all. Right or wrong.

Remember, police depts aren't run by "businesses" they are run by the govt and political rule. Sheriffs depts are much more protected in their stances on issues but rarely have much clout in the bigger cities...unfortunately.

Last edited by Calvin; 04/15/21 12:00 PM.
Re: Military and LEO question NOT A JOKE [Re: rags57078] #7244011
04/15/21 12:27 PM
04/15/21 12:27 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
They can always bring in foreign troops...they are going for the scotus packing right now. These people want it all and they never want to give up control. It will get ugly.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread