No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Might have to protect myself.... [Re: swift4me] #7244033
04/15/21 01:08 PM
04/15/21 01:08 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Thanks for sharing Pete, it looks a little like a guy would imagine paradise to be.

If you don't mind my asking how old is the house.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Might have to protect myself.... [Re: swift4me] #7244044
04/15/21 01:15 PM
04/15/21 01:15 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by swift4me
French farmers are smart about buying wine. In the Basque country they'd buy Spanish wine as it was good and less expensive. Once you find something decent for a table wine you can load up, but it doesn't keep so well being re-loaded into jugs, bottles etc, so you gotta drink it fast.

If you ask any winemaker in the world, they'll all tell you that they want people to buy their wine and DRINK it, not put it into the cellar and brag about it.

We got a bid from a mason to open up a door in the stone barn, and pour concrete for the horse/donkeys, and my 60 square meter woodshop, plus a window and it was less than half what we expected. I've poured sidewalks and driveways with a couple buddies, but making a door in a stone wall two feet thick is above my pay grade.

Pete

If the French are anything like the Germans those old stone walls are stout as heck. We busted through one on our Company HQ in graf to make an operations room in the basement. Must've been a meter thick and it was only supporting two stories above. Probably the primary reason so many of those old buildings survived two world wars.

[Linked Image]
Re: Might have to protect myself.... [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7244051
04/15/21 01:24 PM
04/15/21 01:24 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
glad your move went good , pic. of wild live ,and hunts please

Yes, Please

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Might have to protect myself.... [Re: swift4me] #7244108
04/15/21 02:46 PM
04/15/21 02:46 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline OP
trapper
swift4me  Offline OP
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
MJM.. we are 25 minutes north/NW of Cahors and the jets from Mt de Marsan fly over every other day on training runs. Not far at all.

Steven 49er... the original structure was built in 1776. It is carved in three different stones above doors. When I saw the date I said it was an omen for an American to be here. The barn and other small buildings were built in the 1800's.

Warrior... We had thick walls in the Basque country and these are just as thick, but it is great when you move around France you see the houses built out of the local stones and they are all different.

Good luck to all

Pete

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread