No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
FEDEX loses package????? #7244734
04/16/21 11:17 AM
04/16/21 11:17 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline OP
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Help me figure this one out ....

Ordered Dog Food online, and it was shipped by Federal Express. Only one Item was delivered the other day. Yesterday, as I looked online , I noticed the Dog Food was out for delivery. Around 4:30 PM , I noticed a Cadillac Escalade pull into the driveway. Woman gets out , and places the box on the front porch. She leaves , and I open the door to see what it is. YEP!! It's the Dog food I ordered. Now, It's a small Town I live in, so I knew who that Woman is, that placed the box on my front porch. Lives 2 roads down from me.

Here is where it gets interesting...

I checked the Federal Express (FEDEX) website last night, and they now list it as a "DELIVERY EXCEPTION" . They will try to resend the package later today ..

WHAT??????????????

Did they somehow forgot where they delivered it to ? I.E. The WRONG address; and now don't know where it is? LOL:

Do I even bother to tell Fed Ex it was delivered, albeit to the wrong house !

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244737
04/16/21 11:19 AM
04/16/21 11:19 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Can't remember who the shipper was, but one time I ordered a case of black powder and received two. One was for the gun shop about 2 miles away.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244738
04/16/21 11:22 AM
04/16/21 11:22 AM
S.E. Ohio
M
M.Magis Offline
trapper
M.Magis  Offline
trapper
M

S.E. Ohio
Discrepancies in the online tracking information happen all the time. There are millions of items moving around the world every single day, it's more surprising they're as accurate as they are. Forget about it and move on.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244742
04/16/21 11:28 AM
04/16/21 11:28 AM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
I had a shoulder mounted antelope that was supposed to be delivered to my home from a taxidermist in Wyoming. The FedEx guy delivered it to a local taxidermist in our small town instead. He wondered why I didn't use him. Embarrassing.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244765
04/16/21 12:19 PM
04/16/21 12:19 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Help me figure this one out ....

Ordered Dog Food online, and it was shipped by Federal Express. Only one Item was delivered the other day. Yesterday, as I looked online , I noticed the Dog Food was out for delivery. Around 4:30 PM , I noticed a Cadillac Escalade pull into the driveway. Woman gets out , and places the box on the front porch. She leaves , and I open the door to see what it is. YEP!! It's the Dog food I ordered. Now, It's a small Town I live in, so I knew who that Woman is, that placed the box on my front porch. Lives 2 roads down from me.

Here is where it gets interesting...

I checked the Federal Express (FEDEX) website last night, and they now list it as a "DELIVERY EXCEPTION" . They will try to resend the package later today ..

WHAT??????????????

Did they somehow forgot where they delivered it to ? I.E. The WRONG address; and now don't know where it is? LOL:

Do I even bother to tell Fed Ex it was delivered, albeit to the wrong house !

our streets are all numeric and on a grid , how hard could that be if you live on east 2nd ave at the corner of 4th street if you are on the even side you will be 402 and if you are on the odd side 401

basically a battleship board where every blocks is an even sized square but streets run east west and avenues north south

when it says a package has been delivered and it isn't on my door step , first thing I do is go for a drive up and down the street as every house on the even side on that intersection is an 02 address some times that works

then I go to the correspond street drive over to 2nd street and see if 4 blocks in at 402 seconds street

if that doesn't work go home and file a claim it was lost

it is a grid it is as simple as it can get , I have a friend who drives for fedex I give him a hard time , so did you teach your co workers how a grid works and how to count to 10 yet?

maybe I shouldn't complain I actually got the last 5 fedex packages

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244768
04/16/21 12:26 PM
04/16/21 12:26 PM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
Like anything else its as good as the person working there and their logistical setup

olden tyred
Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244778
04/16/21 12:45 PM
04/16/21 12:45 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Heck I’ve had five long guns left on my door while I was at work no signature.
A case of .223ammo again no signature. stainless lefthanded rifle action left in my mail box (shipped FED EX)with my signature forged and misspelled.
I think the last one got the bro with the cornrows gold chains and teeth a new assignment. laugh

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244781
04/16/21 12:48 PM
04/16/21 12:48 PM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
I’ve had fed ex claim my packages were delivered and they were still riding around on the truck for a day or two. I think they scanned them as delivered around 6am that day and didn’t deliver for another day or so

More Cowbell
Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244782
04/16/21 12:49 PM
04/16/21 12:49 PM
WV
G
garymc Offline
trapper
garymc  Offline
trapper
G

WV
I can go on and on about Fed Ex issues in my area. My two most recent were in the same week.

I ordered a gallon of selective herbicide and the day it was supposed to arrive it was out for delivery and then delivered, but it was not delivered to my house. I have security cams and there was not a Fed Ex truck at my house that day. I gave it a few days while talking to my closest neighbors as often the drop the package at their house.

I contacted Fed Ex and their solution was to check with all my neighbors and they would open a case. I questioned the lady as to why I should have to check with neighbors, etc. and she did not have an answer. A few more days passed and a guy a mile down my road contacted me to let me know he had my package. It had been dropped off on his porch and he doesn't always use that porch often so he just recognized it. I drove to his house and picked it up. His mail box is at the end of his driveway with their name and adress number in very large and legible letters. The name nor the number even remotely resemble mine. I contacted Fed Ex a few days later to see if they had made progress on finding my package and honestly they had put zero effort into locating the package and were banking on me finding it at one of my neighbors.

Two days after that I am in my garage and a Fed Ex truck pulls up. A young guy gets out with a large heavy package and approaches me. I tell him it must be something my wife order so sit it in the front of the garage and he got back in his truck. Something told me to look at the package so I did and it was not my package it was a name an address of someone that didn't even live on my road. The Fed Ex driver was backing out of my driveway so I started walking down the driveway after him. He made eye contact with me and started backing up faster away from me. I caught him before he could turn out of my driveway and told him the package was not mine. He looked super disappointed. He drove back up the drive to get the package and put it back on the truck and left.

My all time favorite was I ordered a small order from Cabelas/Bass Pro shops - a 200 yard spool of line, and 5 or so packs of split shot. I received 3 different tracking numbers for the order to be delivered in the same day. I had 3 fed Ex trucks in my driveway on security cam at the same time to delivery 3 packages that all of the contents combined could be held in your two cupped hands.

I could go on and on, but try not to use Fed Ex unless I absolutely have to.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244784
04/16/21 12:53 PM
04/16/21 12:53 PM
western alaska
Malukchuk Offline
trapper
Malukchuk  Offline
trapper

western alaska
what is Fed ex? they dont ship to Alaska.

Water is good for two things, Floating Ships and making Beer.
Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244914
04/16/21 05:05 PM
04/16/21 05:05 PM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline
trapper
concrete man  Offline
trapper
C

Indiana
About a month ago I had a box of dog food in the middle of my drive the wife seen fed ex. truck drive off.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244965
04/16/21 06:52 PM
04/16/21 06:52 PM
venango county,pennslyvania
minklessinpa Offline
trapper
minklessinpa  Offline
trapper

venango county,pennslyvania
got the wife a new iron for christmas.it crapped out in 6 months. got a return label to mail it back for service/replacement. took it to fedex and dropped it off. never seen again, called with the tracking no. and was told that was not the tracking #! went thru half of india till i got to talk to a woman in the states, who told me that tracking # was not a fed ex number! i still had the receipt!

life member Pennsylvania trappers
life member vfw
member fta
Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244971
04/16/21 07:01 PM
04/16/21 07:01 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
I have had the same problem with Fed-ex several times this year. Mail box with numbers on the end of the driveway and numbers on the house. Several deliveries this year went to the neighbors houses even though all are clearly marked with addresses and house numbers. One was a dewalt hammer drill that they left on the ground next to a mailbox along the road at a house 1/2 mile from mine. Sat there for two days before I located it, luckily people must have thought it was an empty box.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244995
04/16/21 07:36 PM
04/16/21 07:36 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
If you think fedx is bad try the united states postal service.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7244999
04/16/21 07:40 PM
04/16/21 07:40 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Carriers are so over whelmed and short handed they are contracting people to use their own vehicles. Back awhile a f-150 ford was delivering all our UPS packages.Had a piece of card board in window saying driver for UPS

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7245019
04/16/21 08:02 PM
04/16/21 08:02 PM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Screw fedex

I paid for 2 day delivery for some auto parts
Took a week and a half, they offered no help when I tried to get my money back on the shipping, said they had policy that they did not refund due to covid

I will not help them in any way from now on and if I buy something and have a shipping choice it will not be fudex

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7245036
04/16/21 08:28 PM
04/16/21 08:28 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline
trapper
L

PA
Heres a story.......
Bought some high end Newhouse traps from a guy. they were shipped UPS. For some reason my town/zip/address doesnt work well for mapquest or GPS for some reason.
Tracking showed they made it. I searched high and low around the house and couldnt find the box. I was sweating it because I had some coin wrapped up in the purchase.
Well the only thing I could think the next day of was to go to the next town which is a mile away and look for my house number there. Low and behold there is a box stting on the porch (opened).
I kinda knew the guy (heys an idiot) and beat on the door to tell him I was taking my box. They never answered so I left with my traps.
I know darn well he was gonna leave them there for a day or 2 more and if I didnt figure the mess out he was going to keep them. He knew of me and never did the right thing and stop by and say "hey this is yours, they delivered it to me by mistake".
I was going to give it to him for not being honest and telling me but I never saw the guy after that incident.

Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7245086
04/16/21 09:17 PM
04/16/21 09:17 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Do not use Fedex!!
They recently lost a rather large check in an express envelope that was being sent to me. After a couple of weeks they declared it lost.
A week later it shows up. There was no tracking data available, they had no idea how it got to me.
A completely screwed-up operation.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: FEDEX loses package????? [Re: Canvasback2] #7245178
04/16/21 11:17 PM
04/16/21 11:17 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I always ship FedEx, they deliver no matter what (that is a reference to the protester that got drug because he was stoopid enough to try to stop a tractor trailer and got his Darwin award)

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread