No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: zero turn mowers..... [Re: minklessinpa] #7245282
04/17/21 07:26 AM
04/17/21 07:26 AM
So. IL
pintail_drake04 Offline
trapper
pintail_drake04  Offline
trapper

So. IL
I have a 52" Hustler and a 54" Husqvarna. I prefer the Hustler, it rides better and maneuvers easier. The Husqvarna is my "spare" incase the Hustler goes down. Who deals with them in your area, or services multiple brands? Here, we have a feed store that deals in Cub Cadet. But they service like 8-10 different brands, and they are only 6 miles away.

Re: zero turn mowers..... [Re: minklessinpa] #7245294
04/17/21 07:45 AM
04/17/21 07:45 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
I have a 12 year old Toro Timecutter 42" with a 22HP Kawasaki. I treat it like a brush hog and have mowed about 3-4 acres with it over those years. I like Kawasaki motors, welded decks, good spindles and small enough I can push out when I get stuck. I avoid dealers so that doesnt matter to me. I am tight and do my own repairs and hate to mow grass just to be cutting it. I have cracked my deck (stamped not welded) multiple times, broke the deck hanger, busted spindles, torn the chute off years ago, flattened all 4 tires several times and I think almost need a starter now. That said - I have absolutely NO complaints from my little Toro - again, I treat it like a brushhog. I change oil once a year and use ethanol free premium fuel - that is all my maintenance. Oh, I did finally bust my belt last winter also - not bad for 12 years old.
I have noticed newer zero turns like to charge more for the larger Kawasaki motors these days. A 22hp on a 42" deck is almost non standard except maybe for the commercial end - I am definitely not on the commercial end.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread