No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248330
04/20/21 11:51 PM
04/20/21 11:51 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
You can bet that George Floyd’s family would hand back that 25,000,000.00 million dollars of pain and suffering money ...just to have him back alive....................

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248331
04/20/21 11:52 PM
04/20/21 11:52 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
I'm just saying soliders can get alot worse for doing less to a actual terrorist so......

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248333
04/20/21 11:53 PM
04/20/21 11:53 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Did the trail ever bring up that Chauvin and Floyd knew each other from working at a club together? If true, I would find that interesting.

I think the MN governor and Mpls mayor were told as soon as the 9 minute video came out to let the riots happen, and "take one for the team" to bring more chaos before the 2020 election. I think they were told lots of fed money would be flowing into the state to calm things down later. Why else weren't the body cams of the 4 officers never released by officials, especially the first day or two when things were critical in establishing the narrative?? The body cams had to be leaked to a British newspaper to come out before the trial to show more context of the situation. I don't know why Chauvin kept on him after he lost consciousness, that seems sort of whacked. But, follow the money coming to Minnesota. Biden and the leftists will pump in billions...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: The verdict is in [Re: Nessmuck] #7248338
04/21/21 12:05 AM
04/21/21 12:05 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Originally Posted by Nessmuck
You can bet that George Floyd’s family would hand back that 25,000,000.00 million dollars of pain and suffering money ...just to have him back alive....................

LMAO 27 million instead of having the grocery money and the kids piggy bank money being used to buy drugs. I'm missing George and I'm not even kin. On second thought we might be tenth cousins.

Last edited by white dog; 04/21/21 12:10 AM.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: The verdict is in [Re: Wolfdog91] #7248339
04/21/21 12:06 AM
04/21/21 12:06 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
I'm just saying soliders can get alot worse for doing less to a actual terrorist so......

I can clearly see both sides of this. If ya don't want a physical confrontation with the police don't resist vs an unarmed man is dead.

What I can't see is why it needs to be a black vs white thing. Anyone dies in police custody there should be some mighty tall explainin and if not someone SHOULD trade in the blues for an orange jumpsuit.

Here is my question tho: if the soldier or the LEO has to accept responsibility for his actions then when are we going to require a criminal or a terrorist to do the same thing?

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248348
04/21/21 12:41 AM
04/21/21 12:41 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Those officers watched Floyd die.

Those officers prevented others to help/save Floyd.

Those officers refused to help/save Floyd.

One officer might have killed Floyd.

Let those officers rot in jail or hand them over to the BLM group and let them do their thing.

Cold as ice!
Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248352
04/21/21 01:04 AM
04/21/21 01:04 AM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
Poor Floyd. Just a good ol' boy never meant to harm to anyone. Probably on his way to the pet store to buy a puppy for his kids when the white man decided to put his foot on his neck..... Give me a break. Two fools met, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Let those officers rot in jail or hand them over to the BLM group and let them do their thing.

yeah, hand them over to BLM. And to make it fair, we'll let the officers "do their thing" also without fear of a crooked department of justice or biased media.

ol' dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248353
04/21/21 01:06 AM
04/21/21 01:06 AM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
Those other officers were not the ranking officer.Two of them were raw rookies. They did ask Chauvin to stop. Get the complete facts before painting them with the same brush as Chauvin. There is a reason they were not charged like Chauvin and a reason they wanted separate trials.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248354
04/21/21 01:29 AM
04/21/21 01:29 AM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Only two things come to my mind regardless of your color...don’t do drugs and don’t resist arrest. I feel sorry for the officer.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248355
04/21/21 01:34 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Those officers were preventing others from helping. Doesn’t matter what they might have said, it’s what they did. And they allowed Floyd to die without an ounce of compassion.

Cold as ice!
Re: The verdict is in [Re: Leftlane] #7248356
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

I can clearly see both sides of this. If ya don't want a physical confrontation with the police don't resist vs an unarmed man is dead.

What I can't see is why it needs to be a black vs white thing. Anyone dies in police custody there should be some mighty tall explainin and if not someone SHOULD trade in the blues for an orange jumpsuit.

Here is my question tho: if the soldier or the LEO has to accept responsibility for his actions then when are we going to require a criminal or a terrorist to do the same thing?

Simple : those in power want it to be a race thing plain and simple.

As for the other thing I'll say what I was once told on the subject of ROE which applies here I feel: when you put on that uniform your held at a higher standard point blank end of story, you should have and are expected to have better judgement than the average person. You should know what's right and wrong and more than that. What they did means nothing, you treat them better then how you think they would or should be treated because your expected to be better.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248369
04/21/21 03:55 AM
04/21/21 03:55 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
We need to remember one thing first of all: this would never have been a national story, we wouldn't be having this conversation, there would be no riots, no political pressure, and no "sides" IF NOT FOR THE RACE-BAITING AGITATORS IN BLM AND THE MEDIA.

Do you think the BLM founder who spent $3 million on homes is the exception? Of course not. Media moguls and politicians make far more money from race stories. Racism sells, and that's why it's profitable to turn a story like Floyd/Chauvin into national press when it shouldn't be.

Don't forget the facts, unless you're in the "feelings over facts" crowd. The facts are:

George Floyd was a career criminal with a large dose of Fentanyl in his system who decided to fight with cops responding to a crime he committed and ended up dead.

Now, if you read that sentence, without the video, without knowing his color, with no other input from activists or media, would this case even be news? I doubt it. The only reason Derek Chauvin was on trial is because of race-profiteering, and that sickens me.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248370
04/21/21 03:59 AM
04/21/21 03:59 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
For a quick (5 min) analysis of the LEGALITY of this case, here's attorney Ben Shapiro:

Re: The verdict is in [Re: KenaiKid] #7248371
04/21/21 04:07 AM
04/21/21 04:07 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by KenaiKid
We need to remember one thing first of all: this would never have been a national story, we wouldn't be having this conversation, there would be no riots, no political pressure, and no "sides" IF NOT FOR THE RACE-BAITING AGITATORS IN BLM AND THE MEDIA.

Do you think the BLM founder who spent $3 million on homes is the exception? Of course not. Media moguls and politicians make far more money from race stories. Racism sells, and that's why it's profitable to turn a story like Floyd/Chauvin into national press when it shouldn't be.

Don't forget the facts, unless you're in the "feelings over facts" crowd. The facts are:

George Floyd was a career criminal with a large dose of Fentanyl in his system who decided to fight with cops responding to a crime he committed and ended up dead.

Now, if you read that sentence, without the video, without knowing his color, with no other input from activists or media, would this case even be debated? I doubt it. The only reason Derek Chauvin was on trial is because of race-profiteering, and that sickens me.

I feel this is a respectable view but do you feel the same could be said along with the video ? If everyone could go color bind and see the video do you feel a similar out come would happen ? Not trying to start anything just honestly curious

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248373
04/21/21 04:24 AM
04/21/21 04:24 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Wolfdog, the video is ugly, no doubt about it. It can make you cry, make you angry and put a knot in your stomach. But the truth is, like Shapiro said, sometimes policing is ugly, especially when drugs are involved. Videos of war are ugly too, but when we debate whether we should go to war, we don't talk about "how a video made us feel." (At least we didn't used to)

Video is a form of media with the power to trigger a high emotional response. And watching a video of any human die SHOULD trigger an emotional response. But we can't make legal decisions based on emotions, and it feels like that's what the whole nation is doing lately.
I'm not saying Chauvin is innocent or did everything right- I'm sure he would (and should) have been reprimanded, maybe fired, or maybe resign like many cops do after lethal encounters. But the whole murder case was driven by emotion and politics IMO.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248376
04/21/21 05:02 AM
04/21/21 05:02 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
Throughout this whole ordeal, I had questions that I could never get answers to, which was mainly how did Floyd go from cuffed standing up near the building to down on the street on the far side of the police car with 3 cops sitting on him. I did not find an answer in the news, or by watching the 9 1/2 minute video where Floyd died. I got my answers by watching the 2 hour plus Defense closing argument, in which not just "THE VIDEO" was played, but so were all the OTHER VIDEOS ....about 5 of them....that showed the nearly 1/2 hour struggle, not just the end of it.

Floyd was actually placed in the squad car on the driver side but managed to fight his way out to the street side, past 3 cops, and managed to avoid being put back in by those same 3 cops. If he said "I can't breathe" once, he said it 50 times and that included before he was put in the car the first time. But he got beat up in the struggle to get out and not be put back in the car. It was then that cops called EMT to show up, stopped trying to put him back in, pulled him out of the car, put him on the street and calmly retrained him until the EMT's got there. It takes all the videos to place the one in context. He died while in restraint, but in my mind, not from it. Died from a combination of bad heart, drugs and a struggle to resist arrest. The only real question is "shoulda, coulda, woulda" once he calmed down on the street. My guess is there are numerous other dynamics surrounding this we still don't know.

Video from across the street showed the whole event, and when it started, there was only one witness.......a black man watching from the street. The other bystanders didn't show up until Floyd was on the street. They didn't see the whole thing. The one guy who did actually thanked Chauvin for his service and wished him a safe trip home once the whole thing was over.

As for the verdict, residents ought to be careful what they wish for. They may get it.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: Nessmuck] #7248384
04/21/21 06:04 AM
04/21/21 06:04 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by Nessmuck

Not a chance.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248386
04/21/21 06:07 AM
04/21/21 06:07 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Bad guy meets bad cop. One's dead one's in prison, time to move on.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: KenaiKid] #7248388
04/21/21 06:12 AM
04/21/21 06:12 AM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
Originally Posted by KenaiKid

Now, if you read that sentence, without the video, without knowing his color, with no other input from activists or media, would this case even be news? I doubt it. The only reason Derek Chauvin was on trial is because of race-profiteering, and that sickens me.

It's really not that simple. Chauvin had a history of abuse that didn't come out in the trial, in fact that whole precinct has a history of corruption. There's more to the background of this story and I hope this shakes up the bad cops who realize this can happen to them. Whenever you see someone resisting arrest or trying to flee, you might ask yourself, what are they trying to flee from. Might be more than just a day in court.

Re: The verdict is in [Re: hippie] #7248389
04/21/21 06:14 AM
04/21/21 06:14 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
While the video looks bad, it's proven that you can't kill someone by doing that restraint.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread