No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Chauvin alternate juror describes fear #7250651
04/24/21 12:41 AM
04/24/21 12:41 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250655
04/24/21 12:55 AM
04/24/21 12:55 AM
juneau, alaska
A
alaska viking Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
alaska viking  Offline
"Made it two years not being censored"
A

juneau, alaska
Typical of today's news casters. No riots, no surprises, so let's make it sensationalistic.
Broadcast news sucks.

Made it almost 3 years without censor!

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250662
04/24/21 04:35 AM
04/24/21 04:35 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

“Sensationalistic”? Was the juror lying?

-Goofy-
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250672
04/24/21 05:09 AM
04/24/21 05:09 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
I believe the world's a better place without that fentanyl user. From his rap sheet all he did was poison people around him.

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250783
04/24/21 09:15 AM
04/24/21 09:15 AM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Cop was arrogant and stupid so guess he can serve time for that. Perp killed his self, had he complied and got in the car and gone to jail no one would of ever heard of him.

I remember first time i saw the video i was think 'are you really that stupid' that your going to sit there with hands in pocket with your knee on the guy's neck while everyone is videoing you? But yep he was that dumb, after ALL the crap that has gone on what did he think was going to happen? No doubt he didn't know the guy was dying but still it's a bad look.

Whole trial was such a circus he'll get out on appeal so everyone can burn everything down then, least the cowards they had for a jury don't have to worry about their house's being burned down, they did their part.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250791
04/24/21 09:34 AM
04/24/21 09:34 AM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
,,I agree that the cop was stupid and arrogant. I believe he is guilty of manslaughter, but not murder. It is a shame that Floyd died, but he was a low life druggy criminal.To make him into a national hero is disgusting and Biden and Harris should have kept their mouths shut in the matter.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250793
04/24/21 09:35 AM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
It’s amazing, in gun forums you find the same thing, these wild opinions that seem to have no basis in reality.

Of course the jurors where intimidated by the whole thing, of course decisions were made with fear in mind that individuals would show up in their neighborhoods and cause problems.

It was already happening throughout the country, not a stretch to believe it would continue.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250794
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Was his gloved hand in his pocket or was it just black and blended in ? Then I guess that leaves the question; Did the glove fit ?

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Foxpaw] #7250797
04/24/21 09:42 AM
04/24/21 09:42 AM
North Carolina
F
finbar Offline
trapper
finbar  Offline
trapper
F

North Carolina
It was a black glove. This has been shown with different shots and enhancing the brightness. I'm not sure it matters.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Jtrapper] #7250825
04/24/21 10:24 AM
04/24/21 10:24 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
Cop was arrogant and stupid so guess he can serve time for that. Perp killed his self, had he complied and got in the car and gone to jail no one would of ever heard of him.

I remember first time i saw the video i was think 'are you really that stupid' that your going to sit there with hands in pocket with your knee on the guy's neck while everyone is videoing you? But yep he was that dumb, after ALL the crap that has gone on what did he think was going to happen? No doubt he didn't know the guy was dying but still it's a bad look.

Whole trial was such a circus he'll get out on appeal so everyone can burn everything down then, least the cowards they had for a jury don't have to worry about their house's being burned down, they did their part.

The cops knee was not on his neck. I wish people would get that fact straight. I posted the video of the other camera view on the other thread. The cops knee was on the career criminal's left shoulder blade.

Last edited by Finster; 04/24/21 10:26 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Tailhunter] #7250828
04/24/21 10:38 AM
04/24/21 10:38 AM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Was his gloved hand in his pocket or was it just black and blended in ? Then I guess that leaves the question; Did the glove fit ?

Must of fit cause they didn't acquit.
Originally Posted by Tailhunter
It’s amazing, in gun forums you find the same thing, these wild opinions that seem to have no basis in reality.

Of course the jurors where intimidated by the whole thing, of course decisions were made with fear in mind that individuals would show up in their neighborhoods and cause problems.

It was already happening throughout the country, not a stretch to believe it would continue.

It's a shame that people are skeerd of their own shadow anymore. But maybe the prosecution did a better job of screening potential jurors and ended up with people like that on the jury on purpose.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Jtrapper] #7250833
04/24/21 10:53 AM
04/24/21 10:53 AM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.

This case demonstrates what happens when two knuckleheads clash. Results are never good.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250835
04/24/21 10:56 AM
04/24/21 10:56 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline
trapper
HayDay  Offline
trapper
H

Missouri
I would think that jurors comments would be grounds for an instant mistrial.

When I first saw 9 /12 minute "I can't breath" video, I asked myself what is this cop doing? What is he waiting on?

Once the whole thing is placed in context........perfectly clear what was going on. What you see in the video is the end of what had been a nearly 30 minute ordeal of 4 officers trying to arrest Floyd....including them putting him in a squad car, and Floyd then fighting his way out of the squad car and managed to resist getting put back in the 2nd time. All while being cuffed. A pretty tough customer.

Floyd got dinged up and the 4 officers had stopped trying to put him in the squad car and were simply waiting for the EMT's to arrive to take over. Probably intended to strap him down on a stretcher......and to avoid another fight, was letting him struggle to take the fight out. If he said "I can't breathe" once....he said it 50 times.....and that was before they put him in the squad car the first time. No reason to let up and let him get up and start fighting some more.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250848
04/24/21 11:09 AM
04/24/21 11:09 AM
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

rogers city mi.
I myself would not of wanted to be on that jury every aspect of your life and aquaintences ,family and work are cheerfully thrown all over the world for all to see people be avoiding you like you had fleas

olden tyred
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: jeff karsten] #7250849
04/24/21 11:10 AM
04/24/21 11:10 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
I myself would not of wanted to be on that jury every aspect of your life and aquaintences ,family and work are cheerfully thrown all over the world for all to see people be avoiding you like you had fleas

Sounds like a great opportunity.

-Goofy-
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7250867
04/24/21 11:28 AM
04/24/21 11:28 AM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by jeff karsten

Sounds like a great opportunity.

...for a fair trial.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: HayDay] #7250870
04/24/21 11:31 AM
04/24/21 11:31 AM
Arkansas
F
Flattail1961 Offline
trapper
Flattail1961  Offline
trapper
F

Arkansas
You are correct. He was saying he couldn't breathe within seconds of the encounter. They wrestled with this guy for 20 mins before the media shown 9 min segment was provided to the world with their subjective opinions tagged to it. This guys size, strength and tenacity due to drugs was likely comparable to steer wrestling a 1200 lb cow into submission. What amazes me about all of these encounters that have turned confrontational is the subject in question has always chosen to resist or even fight. Absolutely none of these would have happened if they would have gone with the arresting officer without incident. No one in the media mentions that. They only show some grieving family talking about what a great child they had!!! They never admit their child was wrong, but always just a great child. The reality is none of these would happen with simple compliance with the officer. The place to challenge an arrest is not on the street and certainly not to the degree of fighting and confrontation. There's no way that officer could get a fair and objective trial. The intimidation factor was real to anyone associated with that juror pool or that case for that matter. What u all witnessed was bull$&@$ and nothing else.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250879
04/24/21 11:39 AM
04/24/21 11:39 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Alan Dershowitz nailed it in the video. The Judge did an incredibly awful job on handling this trial--including external factors.

Don't expect the appellate courts to do a darn thing.

Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Jtrapper] #7250900
04/24/21 12:04 PM
04/24/21 12:04 PM
USA MN
Snowpa Offline
trapper
Snowpa  Offline
trapper

USA MN

Cop reminds me of a hawk sitting on a kill, didnt help him any

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Chauvin alternate juror describes fear [Re: Finster] #7250917
04/24/21 12:38 PM
04/24/21 12:38 PM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Didn't matter neck, shoulder, whatever, was a bad look and his smug snear on his face didn't help matters. Floyd had been arrested before and cried i can't breath, i want momma, etc. so it wasn't anything new to the officer, he knew Floyd did that everytime.

None of it matters now, cops life is ruined, dope head is a national hero and that's end of the story till the next 'hero' acts a fool and gets killed by a cop then we can relive all this over again.

Every cop on that force should of taken their badge off and just walked off the job! Let the politicians deal with the criminals since they seem to have all the answers.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread