No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Boco] #7254124
04/28/21 09:33 PM
04/28/21 09:33 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
I will do like I always have done when something new comes along-wait a couple years til they get all the bugs worked out then try one out.
If its a benefit to me I'll buy one and use it.
As of now there are more and more showing up in the towns.

That's a logical approach. If they turn out to be a good thing they will sell.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254125
04/28/21 09:34 PM
04/28/21 09:34 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
I have a body shop that is certified to repair Teslas. I thought a good way to understand them was to get one. Holy cow, I love the thing. I drive a few hours and then I have to stop for a half-hour. After 3 hours, I'm ready. I plug my trip into the computer and the car directs me to a charging station as needed. The car tells me how many ports are open and how long it will take to charge it. It's never taken me longer than about 20 minutes or so. I look forward to the stops. We get food and water, use the bathroom and sometimes go for a little walk. My phone tells me my charge level and how much longer I have to a full charge. The charging stations are well located with amenities available. You just plug the car in and it identifies your car and charges your account (credit card). Costs me about 8 bucks.

I got a Model 3, the cheapest model, and added AWD and self-driving capabilities. The technology is amazing. And talk about acceleration and handling. After I got this thing and saw how it worked, I thought, we're all going to be driving batteries someday and my cars are going to go the way of my power tools. I think gas and diesel will be around for a long time but I worry about the cost of fuel in the future.

Now don't hate me for loving my Tesla. Lol

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254130
04/28/21 09:40 PM
04/28/21 09:40 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
To each his own, but that's way more complicated than I want to deal with. I kinda like just glancing at the gauge, pulling into a gas station whenever it gets low, fill it up and go.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254132
04/28/21 09:43 PM
04/28/21 09:43 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I know a few people with EVs, but they also have a gasoline vehicle too. Can't get by on an EV alone.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: trapdog1] #7254140
04/28/21 09:53 PM
04/28/21 09:53 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
Originally Posted by trapdog1
To each his own, but that's way more complicated than I want to deal with. I kinda like just glancing at the gauge, pulling into a gas station whenever it gets low, fill it up and go.

Yep, definitely not for everyone. As Charles stated, I couldn't own only an electric car. I certainly didn't invest in one to be environmentally friendly, but it sure opened my eyes to the technology. It works well and now it's my favorite car in the stable for driving around town, or a long road trip.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254156
04/28/21 10:20 PM
04/28/21 10:20 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Thanks for the post Gene. Some good information. Have you used it in extreme
temperatures yet? How is the battery life and creature comforts when January and February roll around?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Kansas Cat] #7254171
04/28/21 10:36 PM
04/28/21 10:36 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Thanks for the post Gene. Some good information. Have you used it in extreme
temperatures yet? How is the battery life and creature comforts when January and February roll around?

I haven’t done any long winter trips. I’ve only driven it around town in those months. I would not expect it to be much different. I keep it at around 68-70 degrees all year round. I never really considered the weather. I haven’t noticed any difference.

The only maintenance I’ve had to do is downloading computer updates. I just hit a button. It’s different, that’s for sure.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254191
04/28/21 10:49 PM
04/28/21 10:49 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Thanks for the update. How long have you owned it?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Kansas Cat] #7254205
04/28/21 11:06 PM
04/28/21 11:06 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
I've had it for about two years. One thing I thought was pretty cool was being able to turn the heat or a/c on with my phone if I'm in someplace and want to warm the car up or cool it down I can also have the car come and pick me up in a parking lot. I never do it because it's a little scary to see your car coming through the Walmart parking lot with nobody in it.

Autopilot works well but I only use it on the main interstates. But it works really well. It's a little scary too.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7254225
04/28/21 11:29 PM
04/28/21 11:29 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Originally Posted by Gene Dziza
I've had it for about two years. One thing I thought was pretty cool was being able to turn the heat or a/c on with my phone if I'm in someplace and want to warm the car up or cool it down I can also have the car come and pick me up in a parking lot. I never do it because it's a little scary to see your car coming through the Walmart parking lot with nobody in it.

Autopilot works well but I only use it on the main interstates. But it works really well. It's a little scary too.

Hard to believe there are numerous charging stations in Montana. Any other Mt. residents that can verify this?

Thieves are heavy into stealing catalytic converters these days. Light weight batteries in electric vehicles might be the next big item for thieves.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Clark] #7254238
04/28/21 11:46 PM
04/28/21 11:46 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Clark
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
You bet several more issues. This ADM is nuts and has enough IGNORANT people and some that visit here behind him to send us to heck in a hand basket. FAST !! But I guess 78 million people can't be wrong (biden voters) or supposed voters?

I meant personal issues. If you’re that mad about something that doesn’t affect you and likely won’t for 10-20 years then you may have issues that need the help of a licensed professional.

If you think this will not affect us all regardless of our age your bring short sighted and looking at the little picture with blinders. Think bigger things to come because of this.

Tax per mile becuse no gas tax paid by ev . This will likely be a gps tracker on all vehicles.

More taxes on gas and diesel to force people into electric vehicles. So higher fuel and maintenance cost just to operate.

That's just 2 off the top of my head but your right it won't affect us for 10 years right? OK....

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Clark] #7254396
04/29/21 08:45 AM
04/29/21 08:45 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Clark
You bet several more issues. This ADM is nuts and has enough IGNORANT people and some that visit here behind him to send us to heck in a hand basket. FAST !! But I guess 78 million people can't be wrong (biden voters) or supposed voters?

I meant personal issues. If you’re that mad about something that doesn’t affect you and likely won’t for 10-20 years then you may have issues that need the help of a licensed professional.

OK you must have a BLM flag in your yard . Or an antifa sticker on the bumper. WHY does a liberal think some one is MAD if they voice their opinion. You at least have to be dem. That is their way of thinking. WHEN the left is always mad if someone questions the out come of their STUPID agenda. Mad if they don't get their way . Mad if a person tries to live life by the word of GOD !!! I won't be surprised if after this comment you call me racist . That's their last and desperate action if all else fails.. .. LOL

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: martentrapper] #7254405
04/29/21 08:57 AM
04/29/21 08:57 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Online happy
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Online Happy
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by martentrapper

Hard to believe there are numerous charging stations in Montana. Any other Mt. residents that can verify this?

Thieves are heavy into stealing catalytic converters these days. Light weight batteries in electric vehicles might be the next big item for thieves.

I don't think EV batteries would be accessible enough for theft.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7254406
04/29/21 08:58 AM
04/29/21 08:58 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
I have a body shop that is certified to repair Teslas. I thought a good way to understand them was to get one. Holy cow, I love the thing. I drive a few hours and then I have to stop for a half-hour. After 3 hours, I'm ready. I plug my trip into the computer and the car directs me to a charging station as needed. The car tells me how many ports are open and how long it will take to charge it. It's never taken me longer than about 20 minutes or so. I look forward to the stops. We get food and water, use the bathroom and sometimes go for a little walk. My phone tells me my charge level and how much longer I have to a full charge. The charging stations are well located with amenities available. You just plug the car in and it identifies your car and charges your account (credit card). Costs me about 8 bucks.

I got a Model 3, the cheapest model, and added AWD and self-driving capabilities. The technology is amazing. And talk about acceleration and handling. After I got this thing and saw how it worked, I thought, we're all going to be driving batteries someday and my cars are going to go the way of my power tools. I think gas and diesel will be around for a long time but I worry about the cost of fuel in the future.

Now don't hate me for loving my Tesla. Lol

Yes it sounds like unicorns and butterflys coming out of someones but. Great experience since you are the only one in town with one. OR you make up LESS than .00006% of cars on the road. Heck just say 50% are electric then get back to us how pleasant your "charging experience is " Daddy's cussing, Momma hollering , kids crying, Bathroom back up. 10 plugs and 50 cars in line for a 3 hour charge!!
Now where are the unicorns and butterflys ?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254411
04/29/21 09:04 AM
04/29/21 09:04 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
People complaining about the dangers of electric cars today probably would have complained about the dangers of gas cars, had they been alive in the early 1900s. "We need to keep our horse and buggies! There's no infrastructure to refuel these newfangled contraptions! They carry around several gallons of gasoline, they're practically a driving bomb! And then they wanna zoom around on the road mere feet from each other!! Oh, the madness of it all!!!!!"

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: loosegoose] #7254412
04/29/21 09:07 AM
04/29/21 09:07 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by loosegoose
People complaining about the dangers of electric cars today probably would have complained about the dangers of gas cars, had they been alive in the early 1900s. "We need to keep our horse and buggies! There's no infrastructure to refuel these newfangled contraptions! They carry around several gallons of gasoline, they're practically a driving bomb! And then they wanna zoom around on the road mere feet from each other!! Oh, the madness of it all!!!!!"

Funny you mention that goose. Here in KY there is a law on the books that says a motorized vehicle has to have someone walking 50 yards in front warning others a car is coming LOL. Think it was to stop run away buggies with damselles in distress

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254415
04/29/21 09:11 AM
04/29/21 09:11 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Funny you mention that goose. Here in KY there is a law on the books that says a motorized vehicle has to have someone walking 50 yards in front warning others a car is coming LOL. Think it was to stop run away buggies with damselles in distress

I've heard of that before. I think the person in front thad to carry a lantern at night.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7254417
04/29/21 09:16 AM
04/29/21 09:16 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky

Hope it doesn't catch fire ! One last week caught fire and after 35,000 gallons of water and 4 fire depts. they finally called tesla asking how to put out the fire. They said let it burn out. OH yes burned for 4 HRS !!! Wonder what kind of omision trade off the burning battery vs the gas a car would have burnt in it's life time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/04/19/tesla-texas-driverless-crash/

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254435
04/29/21 09:37 AM
04/29/21 09:37 AM
shelby, ohio
T
tightwad Offline
trapper
tightwad  Offline
trapper
T

shelby, ohio
There will be options, roof top windmill for cloudy days or night driving, solar panel sunshine days, or charging system built into the rotating tires. Park on a hill just in case, where the sun might shine.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254456
04/29/21 10:17 AM
04/29/21 10:17 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Online content
trapper
Macthediver  Online Content
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Remember when I was a little guy.. Someone said by time your old enough to drive son.. Cars be running around on puffs air like on Jetson's..Well that didn't happen..Then for a while everyone got all undies in a bundle..Unleaded gas going ruin ever car there is be the end of it all ruin my motor..Then heard Oh my god Hybrids never going work.. who can afford that crap, will be the ruin of it all..What bunch whooie that all is electric cars going ruin things for sure..
I may not live long enough to see it only electric cars. But probably going to happen as next generation takes it for the norm. I mean already is plenty electric cars just not dialed in.. But hey my first cell phone weighed like 5lbs and all I could do was make a phone call. Some times in just certain places....How barbaric was that..
I think most us be better off do what we do..Pick what we except and use it. Maybe not worry so much what others do..As someone recently told me. Watch your own Bobber don't worry about mine..But I think ya got a bite????

I do think it's terrible though that my dogs breath still smells like dog chow..:-)

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread