No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256265
05/02/21 10:14 AM
05/02/21 10:14 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Fear from Covid, independent of the morbidity and mortality of the virus, is quite real.
Those of us not fearful of Covid as a pathogen are trying to tread gingerly on the emotions of the fearful, but it's not easy because we can't easily gauge their level of fear - from a low level to full blown panic. Many, many, many remain fearful and it has changed the dynamics of our society's relationships.

You see it all around us.
You see it when the masks are worn by single passengers in their enclosed vehicles.
You see it with people walking by themselves outdoors with a mask.
You see it when you don't have a mask on and the person behind you in line at CVS stays 10 foot away.
You see it when employees refuse to serve patrons who aren't masked.
You see it in a lot of folks in many ways.

We pray for tender hearts and empathy amidst it all.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256291
05/02/21 11:13 AM
05/02/21 11:13 AM
Minnesota
B
BobMo Offline
trapper
BobMo  Offline
trapper
B

Minnesota
For those that wonder why some of us see the shot as no big deal I'll use smoking related deaths as a reasonable comparison.
More people died from this last year than covid19.
And not all are smokers. Yet the government has refused to outlaw the sales and use of it. Why is that?
Its clearly not necessary and has no positive aspects to it other than enjoyment by it's users that is the result of addiction. The reason is that the government has monetized its use.
The same ia true with the shot. Its been monetized by big pharma that has been in cahoots with bureaucrats forever. Just watch the money being made by them as it flows back to the political hacks that have monetized this .

P.S. i am a former smoker that made a decision to change my behavior when i was younger to try to prevent myself from having any comorbidities when i got older. The vast majority of us seniors are responsible for the shape we are currently in. Both good and bad. I don't believe that others need to change their lifestyle to protect me because of my poor choices

Last edited by BobMo; 05/02/21 11:32 AM.
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: ] #7256292
05/02/21 11:16 AM
05/02/21 11:16 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Mark June
Fear from Covid, independent of the morbidity and mortality of the virus, is quite real.
Those of us not fearful of Covid as a pathogen are trying to tread gingerly on the emotions of the fearful, but it's not easy because we can't easily gauge their level of fear - from a low level to full blown panic. Many, many, many remain fearful and it has changed the dynamics of our society's relationships.

You see it when the masks are worn by single passengers in their enclosed vehicles.
You see it when you don't have a mask on and the person behind you in line at CVS stays 10 foot away.

Blessings,
Mark

I see where you're coming from Mr Mark .

It's nice to be caring and compasionate .

However I believe all the hypersensitive coddling of America and avoidance of TRUTH and REALITY had led us to a society full of worthless cry babies who can't take care of themselves .

If the government cheese falls out of the sandwich they didn't pay for and hit the floor that someone else paid for , it's an all out crisis and always someone else's fault .

Millions and millions and millions and millions .................

Report a post club - Non member

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256301
05/02/21 11:52 AM
05/02/21 11:52 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
User beware: https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/297051

Disturbing because all the reports Ive seen are similar. Heart attacks and stroke. We've seen an increase in them too.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256310
05/02/21 12:09 PM
05/02/21 12:09 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I had chickenpox when I was 5, and I survived.

Should I go get the chickenpox vaccine now too?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256333
05/02/21 12:55 PM
05/02/21 12:55 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You are at a higher risk for shingles if you have had chickenpox.
From what I understand shingles is no joke.You will have the varicella virus lying dormant in your system that can emerge as shingles at any time.
Glad I got vaccinated for chickenpox when I was a kid.

Last edited by Boco; 05/02/21 12:57 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: Mike in A-town] #7256335
05/02/21 12:56 PM
05/02/21 12:56 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

Best go get get some Shingrix .

How Can I Pay For Shingrix?
There are several ways shingles vaccine may be paid for:

Medicare
Medicare Part D plans cover the shingles vaccine, but there may be a cost to you depending on your plan. There may be a copay for the vaccine, or you may need to pay in full then get reimbursed for a certain amount.
Medicare Part B does not cover the shingles vaccine.
Medicaid
Medicaid may or may not cover the vaccine. Contact your insurer to find out.
Private health insurance
Many private health insurance plans will cover the vaccine, but there may be a cost to you depending on your plan. Contact your insurer to find out.
Vaccine assistance programs
Some pharmaceutical companies provide vaccines to eligible adults who cannot afford them. You may want to check with the vaccine manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline, about Shingrix.
If you do not currently have health insurance, learn more about affordable health coverage optionsexternal icon.

To find doctor’s offices or pharmacies near you that offer the vaccine, visit HealthMap Vaccine Finderexternal icon.

Last edited by Dirt; 05/02/21 01:00 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256339
05/02/21 01:08 PM
05/02/21 01:08 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I had shingles. Not fun.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256341
05/02/21 01:13 PM
05/02/21 01:13 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
If this virus was a serious as it is claimed, the lethality rate would be 10 times as high and the actions of death would be a lot quicker, and people would be reacting a whole lot differently. The majority of those taken are older people with compromises already working on them or not known to them at the time they became infected, not exactly a taker of all in a few days !!

Hence why so many question the seriousness of the virus, those not questioning it are fearful of it due to mass migration of fed info in the negative, not the positive. Any info is changed so fast and then changed again there is no credibility in even listening to it, but the excuse is this is a learning curve !

Now you have a push on a manufactured vaccine that does not do anything that any other vaccines have done with other major disease's or virus's, while still having to act and do like you never received a vaccine !!

This whole lost almost two years now, reads like some nasty Sci-Fi thriller but is actual filling the coffers of several drug making corporations and who knows how many other's wallets as well, how many variants do there exist now that the original "vaccine" is now not able to do anything with, and how many more months or years will 'those" in the know drag this out ??

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: Dirt] #7256344
05/02/21 01:16 PM
05/02/21 01:16 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town

Mike

Best go get get some Shingrix .

How Can I Pay For Shingrix?
There are several ways shingles vaccine may be paid for:

Medicare
Medicare Part D plans cover the shingles vaccine, but there may be a cost to you depending on your plan. There may be a copay for the vaccine, or you may need to pay in full then get reimbursed for a certain amount.
Medicare Part B does not cover the shingles vaccine.
Medicaid
Medicaid may or may not cover the vaccine. Contact your insurer to find out.
Private health insurance
Many private health insurance plans will cover the vaccine, but there may be a cost to you depending on your plan. Contact your insurer to find out.
Vaccine assistance programs
Some pharmaceutical companies provide vaccines to eligible adults who cannot afford them. You may want to check with the vaccine manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline, about Shingrix.
If you do not currently have health insurance, learn more about affordable health coverage optionsexternal icon.

To find doctor’s offices or pharmacies near you that offer the vaccine, visit HealthMap Vaccine Finderexternal icon.

Ask your doctor if Shingrix might be right for you....

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: Boco] #7256348
05/02/21 01:33 PM
05/02/21 01:33 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Boco
From what I understand shingles is no joke.You will have the varicella virus lying dormant in your system that can emerge as shingles at any time.

Originally Posted by Boco

Wasn't available in the US until 1995.

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256350
05/02/21 01:35 PM
05/02/21 01:35 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Shingrix is 85-90% effective in preventing shingles.

Will I still have to wear a mask?

Mike

Vladimir Lenin
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: AntiGov] #7256374
05/02/21 02:37 PM
05/02/21 02:37 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by Mark June

Blessings,
Mark

I see where you're coming from Mr Mark .

It's nice to be caring and compasionate .

However I believe all the hypersensitive coddling of America and avoidance of TRUTH and REALITY had led us to a society full of worthless cry babies who can't take care of themselves .

If the government cheese falls out of the sandwich they didn't pay for and hit the floor that someone else paid for , it's an all out crisis and always someone else's fault .

Millions and millions and millions and millions .................

You're confusing compassion with coddling.
The misfortunate remain while the legions of coddlers have overtaken the compassionate networks and politicians have no stomach for saying "no."
It's a shame but not a surprise.

America is great because America, while not perfect, is a land built on a premise of individual freedoms given by God - not men. Pretty straight forward.
Are we still that great benevolent America?
Callousness from the left or the right matters not to the Truth of it all.
They would be different sides of the same coin sir.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: GritGuy] #7256382
05/02/21 02:57 PM
05/02/21 02:57 PM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Online content
trapper
J Staton  Online Content
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by GritGuy
If this virus was a serious as it is claimed, the lethality rate would be 10 times as high and the actions of death would be a lot quicker, and people would be reacting a whole lot differently. The majority of those taken are older people with compromises already working on them or not known to them at the time they became infected, not exactly a taker of all in a few days !!

Hence why so many question the seriousness of the virus, those not questioning it are fearful of it due to mass migration of fed info in the negative, not the positive. Any info is changed so fast and then changed again there is no credibility in even listening to it, but the excuse is this is a learning curve !

Now you have a push on a manufactured vaccine that does not do anything that any other vaccines have done with other major disease's or virus's, while still having to act and do like you never received a vaccine !!

This whole lost almost two years now, reads like some nasty Sci-Fi thriller but is actual filling the coffers of several drug making corporations and who knows how many other's wallets as well, how many variants do there exist now that the original "vaccine" is now not able to do anything with, and how many more months or years will 'those" in the know drag this out ??

I suspect a highly contagious variants in 22' and 24', the later being the most lethal.

James 1: 19-20
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256386
05/02/21 03:06 PM
05/02/21 03:06 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Oh I'm very sure that there will be something coming along in 22, as the pattern has been met with such great success with it's parent, it's almost hope less to escape any thing now !

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256421
05/02/21 05:00 PM
05/02/21 05:00 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Ive had the shingles, wasn't any fun, not taking that vaccination either. Had chicken pox as a kid, sickest ive ever been.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256423
05/02/21 05:05 PM
05/02/21 05:05 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Average Cost of Shingles Vaccine
The average shingles vaccine cost according to Amino.com is $366 if you do not have insurance depending on where you get the shot.

CDC listed the retail price of Zoster Vaccine Live (Zostavax) at $212.67 excluding Federal excise tax, while its average retail price in various pharmacies is $268.84.

The following are the estimated cash retail price of 1 vial of Zostavax 0.65ml at popular pharmacies:

Costco – $223.93
Wal-Mart – $233.54
CVS Pharmacy – $244.49
Target – $244.49
Walgreens – $249.99
Safeway – $254.99
Kroger Pharmacy – $274.00
Rite Aid – $339.99
What are Included
The price of shingles vaccine that Amino.com indicated typically includes two cost components, namely:

The cost for facility charges – these are the charges for the facility and the professional fee of the doctor – $127
The cost for the procedure – This is the cost of the vaccine itself – $239
Additional Costs
Since the protection of single shot of shingles vaccine lasts for five years, you may have another shot after that period or your doctor may recommend a booster.

Who is John Galt?
Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256439
05/02/21 05:45 PM
05/02/21 05:45 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Two years ago I walked into a CVS near me and asked for the Shingrix initial injection. Shingles were ON FIRE!
Cash on the barrel.
Zap.
Three weeks later symptoms abated and I was a Brooks-and-Dunn "brand new man."

I got the 2nd booster of course as directed.
I'm not anti-FDA approved vaccine.

Oh, and you're not supposed to get the Shingles vaccine during an active case....
but....

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256449
05/02/21 06:13 PM
05/02/21 06:13 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Other than salvation in the bible what and where are these other God given rights to be found?

Re: 31% Won’t Vaccinate from Fear [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7256454
05/02/21 06:26 PM
05/02/21 06:26 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
I find my God given rights in the eyes of my loved ones and out on the trapline

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread