No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Any in the power line industry? #7258263
05/05/21 02:49 PM
05/05/21 02:49 PM
West Virginia
W
WV Danimal Offline OP
trapper
WV Danimal  Offline OP
trapper
W

West Virginia
What's the buzz, if any, about what the future may hold for high voltage power lines? I'm not up to speed on Biden's politics but did read that he had intent on expanding/connecting major east/west power grids. I have some property that one of these lines crosses. Just curious about them coming for more ROW or expanding existing lines in the future.

Trash your goals and plans for life. Just wing it and you'll never be let down!
Re: Any in the power line industry? [Re: WV Danimal] #7258328
05/05/21 05:23 PM
05/05/21 05:23 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
It wouldn't make sense, but I spose they will do what they did to Texas when the cold snap came through. ....they will shut conservatives off and send the power to liberal areas. Except it ain't Biden's plan. He couldn't slap himself on the a s s with both hands.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Any in the power line industry? [Re: WV Danimal] #7258785
05/06/21 09:41 AM
05/06/21 09:41 AM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Assuming this is the direction we are heading, there will be a lot of new laterals from wind and solar farms and upgrades to existing lines for example, increasing from 230 kV to 345. Either do a rebuild or add new T lines along existing ROWs. I'd work with the utility and get the benefits...lease $, lots of lumber, firewood, new access roads, gates, culverts, new poles into a camp, maybe fitted ground for food plots, etc. You can fight them, but you won't win, so make the best of it

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread