No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
well might be get a new camper #7260637
05/09/21 06:57 AM
05/09/21 06:57 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline OP
trapper
T

Michigan
went to get the camper clean up an ready for the summer , I plug it in and wife said no lights work , not good ,I start, working on lights and see blubs are burned out , all of them , then she say refrigerator wont come on , gas or electric , what heck mad , I started to work on refrigerator an she say air and furnace wont work , so I start to trouble shoot this thing , all outlets work , microwave works , battery is good , then she say microwave was not plug in during winter , i took panel off of the back of fridge an plug it direct to extension cord , fridge still don't work , I figure lighting must have struck close to trailer during storage and power surge the trailer, not one breaker is trip, not one fuse is bad , went to dealer shop and technician, thing same thing , he calls factory tech and them think same thing , now to see what Insurance does ?

Re: well might be get a new camper [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7260638
05/09/21 07:01 AM
05/09/21 07:01 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I've never heard of anything like that, but it is possible. I hope the insurance company treats you well!

Re: well might be get a new camper [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7260679
05/09/21 08:13 AM
05/09/21 08:13 AM
N.E. Nebr
L
LDW Offline
trapper
LDW  Offline
trapper
L

N.E. Nebr
I've heard of that one other time, but the camper took a direct hit that time. Good luck with your insurance company. I'm sure they will total it.

Re: well might be get a new camper [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7260703
05/09/21 08:44 AM
05/09/21 08:44 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I have to replace all electronics on a couple of boats in the marina. They were next to each other when lightning struck and fried the lot. 20.000 bucks worth of damage. had it happen to my sailboat a few years ago as well while I was on board. It sure does get ones attention. The insurance should pay up for that though.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: well might be get a new camper [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7260726
05/09/21 09:22 AM
05/09/21 09:22 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
I had a car get struck by lightning once. It does bizarre stuff. The engine ran for about 5 minutes after it was stuck, and then the injectors were stuck open. The radio worked, but there was no sound from the speakers. The instrument cluster went crazy too.

Re: well might be get a new camper [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7260737
05/09/21 09:38 AM
05/09/21 09:38 AM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Had lightning come in the house on a phone line, jump from the box where the line came in across the foot f the bed and turn on the radio on a clock radio. Big loud bang and a ball of blue went across the foot of the bed, the phone line was on one side of the room and the clock radio was directly across from it. After it got hit you couldn’t turn the radio off.

There used to be a transformer on an electric poll down the road a little ways and it got hit many times by lightning. Whenever it got hit it would ring our phone one time, if you heard just one ring you knew the transformer got hit. The local lineman got real good at changing that one out.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread