No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Blake Box (Bulletbox) passed #7262667
05/11/21 10:53 PM
05/11/21 10:53 PM
texas,usa
S
sammy petty Offline OP
trapper
sammy petty  Offline OP
trapper
S

texas,usa
Just wanted to let our trapping family know that our friend Blake Box has past away.

sammy petty
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262678
05/11/21 11:00 PM
05/11/21 11:00 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish that stubborn old guy would have gone to the hospital sooner. I'm sure going to miss him on here. Rest in peace my friend.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262683
05/11/21 11:14 PM
05/11/21 11:14 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
He sure will be a hard one to forget. Be at rest Bullet

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262699
05/12/21 12:01 AM
05/12/21 12:01 AM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Oh such sad news, the guy was a fine man, hope he has his rewards laid out for him, and enjoys his return,,Gods Speed my friend!!!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262709
05/12/21 12:26 AM
05/12/21 12:26 AM
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

I received this email from Don Hightower and thought it was a good thing to share.

**Blake was truly an original person,

not another like him anywhere.
An educator, rancher and trapper who was no
stranger to adversity, he gave those of us who knew
him well encouragement by the way he handled the
problems he encountered during his life. He loved his
family dearly, as well as children, and introduced many
young folks to the enjoyment of hunting and trapping.
A longtime member of TTFHA, his contributions to
our organization were many. He was also well known
on Trapperman as “Bullet” Box. Goodbye, friend; May
you rest in the peace of God our father joined by your
dear mother and the family and friends who have left
this earth before you!**
Don Hightower, on behalf of the officers, directors and
members of the Texas Trappers and Fur Hunters
Association

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262712
05/12/21 12:32 AM
05/12/21 12:32 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I looked forward to Blake posting his Christmas Story every year at Christmas time.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7090556/a-christmas-story#Post7090556

This is what Christmas is all about...

Better bundle up - the goose bumps will freeze you!! I think I need to read this every year at Christmas.

Pa never had much compassion for the lazy or those who squandered their means and then never had enough for the necessities. But for those who were genuinely in need, his heart was as big as all outdoors. It was from him that I learned the greatest joy in life comes from giving, not from receiving.

It was Christmas Eve 1881. I was fifteen years old and feeling like the world had caved in on me because there just hadn't been enough money to buy me the rifle that I'd wanted for Christmas. We did the chores early that night for some reason. I just figured Pa wanted a little extra time so we could read in the Bible.

After supper was over I took my boots off and stretched out in front of the fireplace and waited for Pa to get down the old Bible. I was still feeling sorry for myself and, to be honest, I wasn't in much of a mood to read Scriptures. But Pa didn't get the Bible, instead he bundled up again and went outside. I couldn't figure it out because we had already done all the chores. I didn't worry about it long though, I was too busy wallowing in self-pity. Soon Pa came back in. It was a cold clear night out and there was ice in his beard. "Come on, Matt," he said. "Bundle up good, it's cold out tonight." I was really upset then. Not only wasn't I getting the rifle for Christmas, now Pa was dragging me out in the cold, and for no earthly reason that I could see. We'd already done all the chores, and I couldn't think of anything else that needed doing, especially not on a night like this. But I knew Pa was not very patient at one dragging one's feet when he'd told them to do something, so I got up and put my boots back on and got my cap, coat, and mittens. Ma gave me a mysterious smile as I opened the door to leave the house. Something was up, but I didn't know what..

Outside, I became even more dismayed. There in front of the house was the work team, already hitched to the big sled. Whatever it was we were going to do wasn't going to be a short, quick, little job. I could tell. We never hitched up this sled unless we were going to haul a big load. Pa was already up on the seat, reins in hand. I reluctantly climbed up beside him. The cold was already biting at me. I wasn't happy. When I was on, Pa pulled the sled around the house and stopped in front of the woodshed. He got off and I followed. "I think we'll put on the high sideboards," he said. "Here, help me." The high sideboards! It had been a bigger job than I wanted to do with just the low sideboards on, but whatever it was we were going to do would be a lot bigger with the high side boards on.

After we had exchanged the sideboards, Pa went into the woodshed and came out with an armload of wood - the wood I'd spent all summer hauling down from the mountain, and then all Fall sawing into blocks and splitting. What was he doing? Finally I said something. "Pa," I asked, "what are you doing?" You been by the Widow Jensen's lately?" he asked. The Widow Jensen lived about two miles down the road. Her husband had died a year or so before and left her with three children, the oldest being eight. Sure, I'd been by, but so what?

Yeah," I said, "Why?"

"I rode by just today," Pa said. "Little Jakey was out digging around in the woodpile trying to find a few chips. They're out of wood, Matt." That was all he said and then he turned and went back into the woodshed for another armload of wood. I followed him. We loaded the sled so high that I began to wonder if the horses would be able to pull it. Finally, Pa called a halt to our loading, then we went to the smoke house and Pa took down a big ham and a side of bacon. He handed them to me and told me to put them in the sled and wait. When he returned he was carrying a sack of flour over his r ight shoulder and a smaller sack of something in his left hand. "What's in the little sack?" I asked. Shoes, they're out of shoes. Little Jakey just had gunny sacks wrapped around his feet when he was out in the woodpile this morning. I got the children a little candy too. It just wouldn't be Christmas without a little candy."

We rode the two miles to Widow Jensen's pretty much in silence. I tried to think through what Pa was doing. We didn't have much by worldly standards. Of course, we did have a big woodpile, though most of what was left now was still in the form of logs that I would have to saw into blocks and split before we could use it. We also had meat and flour, so we could spare that, but I knew we didn't have any money, so why was Pa buying them shoes and candy? Really, why was he doing any of this? Widow Jensen had closer neighbors than us; it shouldn't have been our concern.

We came in from the blind side of the Jensen house and unloaded the wood as quietly as possible, then we took the meat and flour and shoes to the door. We knocked. The door opened a crack and a timid voice said, "Who is it?" "Lucas Miles, Ma'am, and my son, Matt, could we come in for a bit?"

Widow Jensen opened the door and let us in. She had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. The children were wrapped in another and were sitting in front of the fireplace by a very small fire that hardly gave off any heat at all. Widow Jensen fumbled with a match and finally lit the lamp.

"We brought you a few things, Ma'am," Pa said and set down the sack of flour. I put the meat on the table. Then Pa handed her the sack that had the shoes in it. She opened it hesitantly and took the shoes out one pair at a time. There was a pair for her and one for each of the children - sturdy shoes, the best, shoes that would last. I watched her carefully. She bit her lower lip to keep it from trembling and then tears filled her eyes and started running down her cheeks. She looked up at Pa like she wanted to say
something, but it wouldn't come out.

"We brought a load of wood too, Ma'am," Pa said. He turned to me and said, "Matt, go bring in enough to last awhile. Let's get that fire up to size and heat this place up." I wasn't the same person when I went back out to bring in the wood. I had a big lump in my throat and as mu ch as I hate to admit it, there were tears in my eyes too. In my mind I kept seeing those three kids huddled around the fireplace and their mother standing there with tears running down her cheeks with so much gratitude in her heart that she couldn't speak.

My heart swelled within me and a joy that I'd never known before, filled my soul. I had given at Christmas many times before, but never when it had made so much difference. I could see we were literally saving the lives of these people.

I soon had the fire blazing and everyone's spirits soared. The kids started giggling when Pa handed them each a piece of candy and Widow Jensen looked on with a smile that probably hadn't crossed her face for a long time. She finally turned to us. "God bless you," she said. "I know the Lord has sent you. The children and I have been praying that he would send one of his angels to spare us."

In spite of myself, the lump returned to my throat and the tears welled up in my eyes again. I'd never thought of Pa in those exact terms before, but after Widow Jensen mentioned it I could see that it was probably true. I was sure that a better man than Pa had never walked the earth. I started remembering all the times he had gone out of his way for Ma and me, and many others. The list seemed endless as I thought on it.

Pa insisted that everyone try on the shoes before we left. I was amazed when they all fit and I wondered how he had known what sizes to get. Then I guessed that if he was on an errand for the Lord that the Lord would make sure he got the right sizes.

Tears were running down Widow Jensen's face again when we stood up to leave. Pa took each of the kids in his big arms and gave them a hug. They clung to him and didn't want us to go. I could see that they missed their Pa, and I was glad that I still had mine.

At the door Pa turned to Widow Jensen and said, "The Mrs. wanted me to invite you and the children over for Christmas dinner tomorrow. The turkey will be more than the three of us can eat, and a man can get cantankerous if he has to eat turkey for too many meals. We'll be by to get you about eleven. It'll be nice to have some little ones around again. Matt, here, hasn't been little for quite a spell." I was the youngest. My two brothers and two sisters had all married and had moved away.

Widow Jensen nodded and said, "Thank you, Brother Miles. I don't have to say, May the Lord bless you, I know for certain that He will."
Out on the sled I felt a warmth that came from deep within and I didn't even notice the cold. When we had gone a ways, Pa turned to me and said, "Matt, I want you to know something. Your ma and me have been tucking a little money away here and there all year so we could buy that rifle for you, but we didn't have quite enough. Then yesterday a man who owed me a little money from years back came by to make things square. Your ma and me were real excited, thinking that now we could get you that rifle, and I started into town this morning to do just that,but on the way I saw little Jakey out scratching in the woodpile with his feet wrapped in those gunny sacks and I knew what I had to do. Son, I spent the money for shoes and a little candy for those children. I hope you understand."

I understood, and my eyes became wet with tears again. I understood very well, and I was so glad Pa had done it. Now the rifle seemed very low on my list of priorities. Pa had given me a lot more. He had given me the look on Widow Jensen's face and the radiant smiles of her three children.

For the rest of my life, whenever I saw any of the Jensens, or split a block of wood, I remembered, and remembering brought back that same joy I felt riding home beside Pa that night. Pa had given me much more than a rifle that night, he had given me the best Christmas of my life.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, to you and yours...

Keith

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262714
05/12/21 12:37 AM
05/12/21 12:37 AM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Offline
trapper
Drifter  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
He will be missed by many. Hope Sara finds him at the rainbow bridge.

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262731
05/12/21 04:53 AM
05/12/21 04:53 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Dang that really sucks.

Rest easy Blake.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262763
05/12/21 06:30 AM
05/12/21 06:30 AM
se SD
rags57078 Offline
Humorist
rags57078  Offline
Humorist

se SD
Rest in Peace my friend

Off in my own world

Fish on !!!!!!!

47 years in this game of trapping
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262775
05/12/21 06:48 AM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
RIP Mr. Box

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262776
PA Venango Co.
R
Ron Marsh Offline
trapper
Ron Marsh  Offline
trapper
R

PA Venango Co.
Prayers for the friends and family.

PTA Lifetime #131N. Salvation Army CSM
Stakes: Why leave them?
ALWAYS John 3:16 814-516-2923
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262779
05/12/21 06:50 AM
05/12/21 06:50 AM
Wisconsin
R
RdFx Offline
trapper
RdFx  Offline
trapper
R

Wisconsin
Shucks, so sad to hear rest in peace my friend. Will trade stories later when we meet at the campfire in the sky.

RdFx
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262781
05/12/21 07:03 AM
05/12/21 07:03 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Prayers for loved ones.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262795
05/12/21 07:42 AM
05/12/21 07:42 AM
PA
M
marathonman Offline
trapper
marathonman  Offline
trapper
M

PA
R.I.P. Bulletbox

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262800
05/12/21 07:52 AM
05/12/21 07:52 AM
Texas
O
otterdog Offline
trapper
otterdog  Offline
trapper
O

Texas
Sad news indeed. Met him for the first time at the SE Regional in Arkadelphia Ark. What a character he was.
Prayers for his family.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262833
05/12/21 08:58 AM
05/12/21 08:58 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Rest in peace Blake we are gonna miss you

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Blake Box [Re: Leftlane] #7262847
05/12/21 09:23 AM
05/12/21 09:23 AM
Texas
S
Squash Bucket Offline
trapper
Squash Bucket  Offline
trapper
S

Texas
Prayers are in the wind from East Texas!

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262896
05/12/21 10:58 AM
05/12/21 10:58 AM
10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
C
Cletis Richards Offline
trapper
Cletis Richards  Offline
trapper
C

10714 Apple road Carthage,Mo6...
Good bye my friend, I know you are in a better place with those you love, this is a wake-up call how fragile our life is. Thanks for all of our visits we had when we were at the same place. May God give peace and comfort to your family.

Cletis

Appleroad Predator Bait

www.appleroadlures.com

Like us on Facebook

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262905
05/12/21 11:17 AM
05/12/21 11:17 AM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
RIP Bullet

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262966
05/12/21 02:09 PM
05/12/21 02:09 PM
Warren, (Southeast) Texas
ETexTrapper Offline
trapper
ETexTrapper  Offline
trapper

Warren, (Southeast) Texas
RIP Blake. You will be missed sir.

Jordan ADC and Trap Modification
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262969
05/12/21 02:16 PM
05/12/21 02:16 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
RIP BB.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262978
05/12/21 03:00 PM
05/12/21 03:00 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
frown

-Goofy-
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262988
05/12/21 03:27 PM
05/12/21 03:27 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Shocked....
I figured this ol son of gun could woop about anything.

Jesus must a needed one more Real Texan in Heaven

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7262991
05/12/21 03:35 PM
05/12/21 03:35 PM
central Illinois
yoteguts Offline
trapper
yoteguts  Offline
trapper

central Illinois
Sad sad news. RIP BB.

I'm itchin' to see a coyote twitchin'.

More trappin' and less yappin'.

Member FTA & USSA.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263030
05/12/21 04:56 PM
05/12/21 04:56 PM
central arkansas
T
the Blak Spot Offline
trapper
the Blak Spot  Offline
trapper
T

central arkansas
Prayers out to the family

the just shall live by faith

member FTA, ATA, EAFT
1776 - the year we told a tyrant we weren't to be under a dictator
Caveat ater macula
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263126
05/12/21 06:55 PM
05/12/21 06:55 PM
Livingston, Texas
S
Sheepdog1 Offline
trapper
Sheepdog1  Offline
trapper
S

Livingston, Texas
I love you buddy!!!! I will miss you and only you will know how much. This is darn hard to speak about. We had many a good time in bow season and during turkey season. I will never forget the memories we made watching football, the final four and seeing who could cook the worst pot of beans.
Folks, yall have no idea that Blake and I talked almost every night. We live 7 hours apart but we rarely every missed a night calling one another. We played countless pranks on each other and some, As Mr. Sammy knows were just darn funny. I have no words to utter that will explain what you meant to me. you were a light at the end of a very dark tunnel for many years. I came out of that deep, dark sadness and you did too .

i love you my friend and I will look forward to our reunion.

Dave Campbell

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263151
05/12/21 07:27 PM
05/12/21 07:27 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Terrible news. My condolences to all his many friends and family.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263156
05/12/21 07:31 PM
05/12/21 07:31 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Godspeed Sir.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263165
05/12/21 07:37 PM
05/12/21 07:37 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Really hate to hear this, he always offered me one of his momma's praline's, lol. Funny the stuff you recall when someone pass's. You will be missed ol buddy.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263197
05/12/21 08:26 PM
05/12/21 08:26 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will establish Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen
2 Peter 5:10

Blake,
Our Hope is that because of the Blood of the Lamb, we'll see you in the morning friend and faithful brother, in a new body upon a New Earth.

Mark & Donna

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263217
05/12/21 08:56 PM
05/12/21 08:56 PM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
He was partial to yellow handled Case pocket knives....Yep the odd thing we remember. Rest Easy Blake

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263321
05/12/21 10:56 PM
05/12/21 10:56 PM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
Go rest high on that mountain Bullet Box ! Prayers for his close family and friends I also looked forward to reading the Christmas Story each year that's been a long running post for as long as I can remember and I survived a crash or two on here ha ha .
Allan

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263391
05/13/21 06:21 AM
05/13/21 06:21 AM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
[Linked Image]

Re: Blake Box [Re: Mark K] #7263432
05/13/21 07:59 AM
05/13/21 07:59 AM
Otsego, MI 66
K
K-zoo Offline
trapper
K-zoo  Offline
trapper
K

Otsego, MI 66
My condolences to Blake's family. May God's peace be upon you as you walk through this time of grief.
R.I.P. Bulletbox

Member NTA, MTPCA, FTA, NRA, MUCC
2 Cor. 5:17
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263725
05/13/21 06:06 PM
05/13/21 06:06 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Eternal best wishes for you Bullet Box in the great beyond! May God wrap his arms around you and welcome you home.

Chris

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263727
05/13/21 06:09 PM
05/13/21 06:09 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
Very sad news. Rip Blake!!!

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7263790
05/13/21 08:05 PM
05/13/21 08:05 PM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
prayers sent , may he rest in peace ,

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264138
05/14/21 10:51 AM
05/14/21 10:51 AM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Rest in Peace Blake

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264165
05/14/21 11:45 AM
05/14/21 11:45 AM
South Dakota
T
TravC Offline
"MCnasty"
TravC  Offline
"MCnasty"
T

South Dakota
He was a kind man and one I will never forget

There i said it....
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264236
05/14/21 02:26 PM
05/14/21 02:26 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Dang ! That is some lousy news !!

I never met him but was always proud of his accomplishments regarding sobriety !

Mean As Nails
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264262
05/14/21 03:19 PM
05/14/21 03:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
God Bless him and his friends and family.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264279
05/14/21 04:08 PM
05/14/21 04:08 PM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline
trapper
newhouse114  Offline
trapper

S.W.Oregon
I read about a lot of folks that pass away from this life. To be honest, not too many of them get me all misty eyed and choked up. Had to wipe my eyes to see what I was writing here. RIP Blake

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264350
05/14/21 06:16 PM
05/14/21 06:16 PM
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline
trapper

Ames, IA
I knew him going on 20 years, met him on here and been friends ever since. Shared many an email, and private messages. Met him only once at the NTA in Hutchinson KS, was sur enice to meet him in the flesh and sit and jaw with him.

He will be sorely missed.

Mike

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264641
05/15/21 06:49 AM
05/15/21 06:49 AM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
Sorry to hear this... Happy trails Blake.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264667
05/15/21 07:45 AM
05/15/21 07:45 AM
Nebraska, Dawson County
chas3457 Offline
trapper
chas3457  Offline
trapper

Nebraska, Dawson County
Rest in peace, Blake. Tearful prayers sent, for those who mourn.

Charlie

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

NRA Life Member ~ GOA Member ~ NFOA Member ~ UNMLA Member
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264725
05/15/21 09:16 AM
05/15/21 09:16 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
RIP sir. Our paths never crossed here on earth, but look forward to a rondy wiith you and the Lord! Prayers for all that knew him well!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264779
05/15/21 10:19 AM
GRAVETTE ARK
A
Ark Trapper Offline
trapper
Ark Trapper  Offline
trapper
A

GRAVETTE ARK
May God bless you're family. You will be missed! Back in the early years bulletbox posted quite often he shared hundreds of bobcat pictures. I was excited to finally meet him in Hutchinson ks.. hotter than hades that year..

Paul is there anyway that two of bulletbox stories can be archived and post them as.bullet always did? He never missed post his "where you 911 story." And then his Christmas story . I always looked forward to those post..they are a powerful reminder of true humanity. The story was word for word every time but I like many others here read it word for word each year. I will also PM Paul with this request.

Rest in peace bulletbox May your wisdom and contribution to this site live on.
Till we meet again........Ark trapper

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7264780
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
How old was he ?

Re: Blake Box [Re: coonman220] #7264967
05/15/21 03:45 PM
05/15/21 03:45 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by coonman220
How old was he ?

He was 63 years young!

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7265078
05/15/21 06:24 PM
05/15/21 06:24 PM
Central Pennsylvania
Nittany Lion Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister
Nittany Lion  Offline
Don't call me Mister, Mister

Central Pennsylvania
May he rest in peace, I always looked forward to his Christmas story and I want to thank KeithC for posting it. I hope he does it again at Christmas time as I liked to forward that to family and friends.

I got myself a seniors' GPS.
Not only does it tell me how to get to my destination,
it tells me why I wanted to go there.
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7265791
05/16/21 07:38 PM
05/16/21 07:38 PM
West Virginia,age 49
cathryn Offline
bvr-takr-upr
cathryn  Offline
bvr-takr-upr

West Virginia,age 49
I'm very sorry to hear of his passing

IF IDIOTS GREW ON TREES THIS PLACE WOULD BE AN ORCHARD !

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7265894
05/16/21 10:29 PM
05/16/21 10:29 PM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
For years I always enjoyed his posts here on T man, although we never met he was still a part of my family here.
Gld bless his family & friends for their loss.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7266135
05/17/21 11:17 AM
05/17/21 11:17 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
He is home now.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7266270
05/17/21 03:48 PM
05/17/21 03:48 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Jesus wept (John 11:35).
The shortest verse in the Bible describes the greatest shower to ever fall upon the earth. A waterfall of mercy and grace for all who You know immeasurably!
You knew Lazarus would breathe and walk again and yet you wept full-heartedly.
Those who witnessed You that day saw Your sacred fury and Your great sadness, and said; See how He loved him! (John 11:36).

Jesus, we’re so glad you are such a tenderhearted Savior. We grieve the death of a very dear friend, Blake who You knew before time. Thank you for the sincere invitation to; “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28). No one hates death more than you and no one grieves death’s ugly violation more deeply.
No one is more looking forward to the day of “no more death” (Rev. 21:4) than You.
And no one has done more to put death to death for our sake and for our salvation.
Thank you is simply all we can muster right now.

Today we rest our broken hearts on your shoulder, with the peace and comfort that comes from knowing You as “the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25), and because of Your resurrection, we sing in advance of our resurrection, “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” (1 Cor. 15:55).
We praise, bless, and honor You, as we rest our hearts in Your loving hands.
Amen we pray, in your Mighty name.

And we'll joyously await seeing brother Blake in that morning to come upon the New Earth.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7266851
05/18/21 11:02 AM
05/18/21 11:02 AM
Texas
T
Trapper Dan 57 Offline
trapper
Trapper Dan 57  Offline
trapper
T

Texas
Blake was a friend, unique as they come. He always had an inviting grin when he saw a friend heading his way. He and his mother would produce some of the best Texas Pralines you ever tasted. A dozen of those sold for outrageous prices during out TTFHA auctions. I'll never forget how Blake would walk up to me with a " I am up to something grin" , he then would sneak a praline into my hand and give an even bigger grin. He had a heart big as Texas and was always proud to wear his TTFHA shirt.

" Our Last Breath on Earth is Followed by our First Breath in Heaven "

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7267070
05/18/21 05:34 PM
05/18/21 05:34 PM
Ohio
D
Don Adams Offline
trapper
Don Adams  Offline
trapper
D

Ohio
So sad to read this news. R.I.P. Prayers sent up for his family and friends.

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7267214
05/18/21 08:24 PM
05/18/21 08:24 PM
OK
Aaron Proffitt Offline
trapper
Aaron Proffitt  Offline
trapper

OK
Hate hearing this. Good man.

Honor a Soldier. Be the kind of American worth fighting for.
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7267283
05/18/21 09:27 PM
05/18/21 09:27 PM
Missouri
K9Wolfer Offline
trapper
K9Wolfer  Offline
trapper

Missouri

BMI 2K9Wolfer

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7268965
05/21/21 01:51 AM
05/21/21 01:51 AM
South Dakota
T
TravC Offline
"MCnasty"
TravC  Offline
"MCnasty"
T

South Dakota
One memory I’ll never forget about Blake’s kindness and the way he could encourage people and move them was the first time I ever did a demo on coyotes I’m not a good public speaker,

It was in Tx I was very nervous I choked up a good bit lost my train of thought

Blake came up to me after and told me he thought I did great offers me a few ideas about public speaking and encouraged me to keep doing them I as Keats looked forward to seeing him I still do demos and I remember what He told me he was a good example of a humble honest and kind Christian man I’ll not forget him if this world had slot more of His type we would be doing very well

Last edited by TravC; 05/21/21 01:52 AM.

There i said it....
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7269438
05/21/21 05:45 PM
05/21/21 05:45 PM
Reno,NV
RenoMick Offline
trapper
RenoMick  Offline
trapper

Reno,NV
Sad news indeed. One of the first fellas I ever chatted with here on T-man.

Lifelong northeast trapper, now in the high desert of Nevada. Fishing, hunting, trapping and on the lookout for Big Brother's black helicopters.
Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7272063
05/25/21 10:39 AM
05/25/21 10:39 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

I will probably remember to morn this tman when ever I log in during the holidays and don't see his post. IMO it is the best modern Christmas story I have ever read.

Actually lots of things I appreciated about Blake- he will be missed that is for sure

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Blake Box [Re: sammy petty] #7272087
05/25/21 11:04 AM
05/25/21 11:04 AM
Louisiana
M. Howard Offline
trapper
M. Howard  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Sad news to log on after long absence and read this news.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote!

http://www.louisianatrappers.com/index.html
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread