No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266805
05/18/21 10:04 AM
05/18/21 10:04 AM
Iowa
C
CTRAPS Offline
trapper
CTRAPS  Offline
trapper
C

Iowa
Why hasn't our all powerful, all knowing government came up with a version of a DARE program for sex education?

Life Member: ITA, IBA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266809
05/18/21 10:08 AM
05/18/21 10:08 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
The high teen pregnancy rate in the US is caused by several factors. Teaching Christian morals is school is definitely not one of them. Glamorizing it on TV, promoting it in reality shows, subsidizing it with taxpayer dollars, removing any sense of shame about it, and fostering a hookup culture are just a few. These things are not done in most other countries.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266814
05/18/21 10:20 AM
05/18/21 10:20 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Who else has a culture wealthy enough to "Spring Break" our way into adulthood? Our rights into adulthood are steered by a very sexualized culture and all it sells to us.
The orthodox (universal traditional view of the Church > from the Apostles who received it from > Jesus Christ) Christians have had no seat at that table I assure you.
We are a muffled, ridiculed, mocked voice in the wilderness of the modern era, and while the Truth source never changes, we humans just keep getting smarter each and every generation according to the narrative of most.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266816
05/18/21 10:22 AM
05/18/21 10:22 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mark June
Loosegoose,
We agree!
As a fact, culture is a grand teacher of the wonders & pleasure & freedom and on and on.... of any immoral act without the truth of the consequences which always follow that act afterwards.

All of us, me included, have rowed in that boat.

Blessings,
Mark

I also agree that Loosegoose's lessons are the right ones for our children. I don't know that (1) I want the government delivering the message; (2) that the government could effectively deliver the message; or, (3) that most people would listen. Ideally, parents would do it. But parents have to lead by example too and that is where we are screwed.

As for the abortion fight, I would never advocate for one or abortion in general but I am also not in the business of telling other people what to do with their bodies. And honestly, I'm just tired of the topic.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266819
05/18/21 10:24 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I don't believe in abortion.
I also don't want to force my ways on others, and don't think religion should be in politics and visa-versa.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: rvsask] #7266820
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Online content
trapper
Posco  Online Content
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by rvsask
Lol Posco. But let’s force women to bring people into the world that are by high percentage, to become the very people you hate. Seems logical.

Where did I infer hate? It's heartbreaking. Leftism breeds generational dependency and poverty. If I hate anything, it's the liberal mindset.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266824
05/18/21 10:26 AM
05/18/21 10:26 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Actually Mark, though still terrible your teen pregnancy rate has fallen immensely since your government began tracking it in the 1940s so mathematically it’s actually losing steam.

I just read a graph that showed teen childbearing cost Texas taxpayers 1.1 billion in 2010.
Vermont was lowest at 15 million. It’s a real nice chart for all those tax dollars helping people we don’t like folks on here.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266827
05/18/21 10:30 AM
05/18/21 10:30 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mark June
Who else has a culture wealthy enough to "Spring Break" our way into adulthood? Our rights into adulthood are steered by a very sexualized culture and all it sells to us.
The orthodox (universal traditional view of the Church > from the Apostles who received it from > Jesus Christ) Christians have had no seat at that table I assure you.
We are a muffled, ridiculed, mocked voice in the wilderness of the modern era, and while the Truth source never changes, we humans just keep getting smarter each and every generation according to the narrative of most.

I was at an awards ceremony last night for my oldest daughter who is graduating high school. You could definitely see the social divide. It wasn't academics because this was a ceremony honoring academic achievement at her school.

About 50% of the girls were dressed modestly and carried themselves like ladies. The other 50% were, sorry, dressed like w-h-o-r-e-s. They were most concerned with taking selfies and chatting up the boys (there was a divide in the boy group too). Maybe they were good girls but sometimes the cover of the book actually tells you something about the book.

Thankfully, mine was in in modest group.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266828
05/18/21 10:31 AM
05/18/21 10:31 AM
Iowa
R
riverratdm Offline
trapper
riverratdm  Offline
trapper
R

Iowa
It all comes down to when is it considered a life. We could just kill off whole parts of our society if it is for the greater good. I mean how much is it helping everyone to have the disabled and mentaly ill around.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: Providence Farm] #7266830
05/18/21 10:32 AM
05/18/21 10:32 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I could get behind an anti abortion law if any girl who gets one is also sterilized. With all the birth control options available today, unwanted pregnancy is the result of irresponsible behavior, usually by the mothers/girls parents

May help if they had to deal with the consequences of their actions on their own. No government paying for their pregnancy and birth, free housing, and food ect... No worries the government will take care of them.

Yes, they become voters for the party that helps them.

No Jab.
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: hippie] #7266834
05/18/21 10:36 AM
05/18/21 10:36 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by hippie
I also don't want to force my ways on others, and don't think religion should be in politics and visa-versa.

I don't see it as political, I see it as a person given no choice.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: BandB] #7266836
05/18/21 10:37 AM
05/18/21 10:37 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by BandB
The high teen pregnancy rate in the US is caused by several factors. Teaching Christian morals is school is definitely not one of them. Glamorizing it on TV, promoting it in reality shows, subsidizing it with taxpayer dollars, removing any sense of shame about it, and fostering a hookup culture are just a few. These things are not done in most other countries.

Don't forget the unborn are throw a ways. Get pregnant, get rid of it.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266839
05/18/21 10:39 AM
05/18/21 10:39 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

We've been told repeatedly to follow the"science" for a virus, yet we are unwilling to recognize the unborn as human when it pertains to abortion.

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: rvsask] #7266841
05/18/21 10:45 AM
05/18/21 10:45 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Actually Mark, though still terrible your teen pregnancy rate has fallen immensely since your government began tracking it in the 1940s so mathematically it’s actually losing steam.

I just read a graph that showed teen childbearing cost Texas taxpayers 1.1 billion in 2010.
Vermont was lowest at 15 million. It’s a real nice chart for all those tax dollars helping people we don’t like folks on here.

Oh there's no question Texas has plenty of heart-ache stories. I start an internship in San Antonio in two weeks assisting the ministry staff and I'll meet many fine people who just wish they had a bit of peace and that their life narrative was different.

Who is teaching morals these days anyway? The government? Schools? Parents? Friends? Churches? Jails? The streets?
There are no easy answers and there is debate within the churches about all this also as there should be. Churches have too often become missionaries of "causes" and lost sight of the One Who founded them in the first place in Acts 2.

The strain is that so much of what we learn by experience and by education in a secular setting tells us > we're getting closer and closer, better and better to the truth!
That's a presupposition unless you first know what the Truth is. You "assume" the effectiveness of the secular process and the methodology it professes.
That's faith. Everyone has faith. The difference in opinions is where people place the marker of "truth." Simple as that really.

We wish it were all perfect and it's not, but us Westerners are so very blessed by all we have.

Blessings to Oh, Canada!
Enjoy that song.
Mark

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: hippie] #7266844
05/18/21 10:50 AM
05/18/21 10:50 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

Killing another human being is not political. It is just flat out wrong. If I were to dismember you it would be called murder and would have nothing to do with politics. It would be out of anger or hate or mental illness or self need. None of which are factors here.

It has been made political where it should be a part of our moral fiber not to want to kill someone who cannot defend themselves.

As for the argument that they may well be all deadbeats, well, you all that argue that know nothing about the American Dream. Everyone that is an American can be whoever they wish to be if they put in the effort. You want to change things then change the morality and politics of rewarding bad behavior which is mostly a progressive thing. Teach abstinence to our children instead of glorifying sex outside of marriage. Condemn sexual immorality instead of putting it on every movie and tv show.

Don't worry though I feel that pregnancies will go down in numbers since it seems that now every show you turn on has a homosexual on it and they are glorifying that more and more. Maybe that is the answer for you all against pregnancy. It sounds as nuts as killing children to me but I guess I have a moral compass that is old fashioned but has kept me on the right path most of my life when I am following it. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: rvsask] #7266847
05/18/21 10:57 AM
05/18/21 10:57 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

What does this subject have to do with you actually? Aren't you in Canada? Don't they already kill their young at will? LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: LLtrapper] #7266848
05/18/21 10:58 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by LLtrapper

Killing another human being is not political. It is just flat out wrong. If I were to dismember you it would be called murder and would have nothing to do with politics. It would be out of anger or hate or mental illness or self need. None of which are factors here.

It has been made political where it should be a part of our moral fiber not to want to kill someone who cannot defend themselves.

As for the argument that they may well be all deadbeats, well, you all that argue that know nothing about the American Dream. Everyone that is an American can be whoever they wish to be if they put in the effort. You want to change things then change the morality and politics of rewarding bad behavior which is mostly a progressive thing. Teach abstinence to our children instead of glorifying sex outside of marriage. Condemn sexual immorality instead of putting it on every movie and tv show.

Don't worry though I feel that pregnancies will go down in numbers since it seems that now every show you turn on has a homosexual on it and they are glorifying that more and more. Maybe that is the answer for you all against pregnancy. It sounds as nuts as killing children to me but I guess I have a moral compass that is old fashioned but has kept me on the right path most of my life when I am following it. LLL

I didn't say abortion wasn't political because it is if your looking to the govt to stop it.I said religion should stay out of politics and visa-versa.
Yes, I don't agree with abortions.

Last edited by hippie; 05/18/21 11:00 AM.
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266849
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by J Staton
We've been told repeatedly to follow the"science" for a virus, yet we are unwilling to recognize the unborn as human when it pertains to abortion.

You could go even farther and use the "my body my choice" against those who say to wear a mask and get a shot. LLL

Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: Posco] #7266855
05/18/21 11:12 AM
05/18/21 11:12 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Posco
Lol Posco. But let’s force women to bring people into the world that are by high percentage, to become the very people you hate. Seems logical.

Where did I infer hate? It's heartbreaking. Leftism breeds generational dependency and poverty. If I hate anything, it's the liberal mindset.

Some people feel if you disagree with them, you infer hate. I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: SCOTUS To Hear MS Abortion Law [Re: ] #7266867
05/18/21 11:21 AM
05/18/21 11:21 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Hippie I know you believe in the Constitution and probably agree that the Preamble to it is part of said Constitution. I just don't see how abortion could be considered constitutional since the Preamble states that we guarantee the Liberty to posterity. How can we secure such liberty if posterity is aborted away?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread