No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272369
05/25/21 06:50 PM
05/25/21 06:50 PM
ontario
G
grampy Offline
trapper
grampy  Offline
trapper
G

ontario
Before a person could give good advice on legal recourse they would have to know what the bl-laws are about your situation,if in fact there are any.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272373
05/25/21 07:09 PM
05/25/21 07:09 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Plant clover-You never have to mow it-its always nice and short and green,keeps brush and other stuff from growing,and the bees and rabbits love it.

Last edited by Boco; 05/25/21 07:10 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272379
05/25/21 07:19 PM
05/25/21 07:19 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by Leftlane
The list of men who want to judge you is growin buddy

I've lived this long without their help so they can go.........

Your are the one that started the thread, looking for help.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272386
05/25/21 07:26 PM
05/25/21 07:26 PM
TN/OH
R
RM trapper Offline
trapper
RM trapper  Offline
trapper
R

TN/OH
On my little street there's only 4 house and we are all related except for the first house on the road, all my family including me keep our places up pretty nice. My uncle let's his chickens free-range so they are on my property slot, all mine are kept up most of the time. The first house has got cars sitting everywhere and an old camper parked in his front yard, he rarely mows or does any yard work but he's a good guy and I would never tell him how to care for his property. If i want to control his property I'd need to buy it in my opinion. With a business and 4 kids I barely have time to worry about my own property and I definitely don't lose sleep thinking of his. Live and let live. Warrior I say keep doing you bud

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272415
05/25/21 08:05 PM
05/25/21 08:05 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Online content
trapper
beaverpeeler  Online Content
trapper

Oregon
Whatever freedoms we had in this country are disappearing one by one. At what point in time did we as a people figure we had to enact laws on our neighbors to keep their grass tightly cropped like we like on our own lawn? Is there also going to be a law enacted if a few dandelions pop up on our neighbor's lawn and spoil our day?

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272436
05/25/21 08:52 PM
05/25/21 08:52 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I guess what ever the definition of freedom is varies person to person. If your definition means being alone then one needs to buy an island and let that become his prison and the freedoms that go with that.
Everyone has a breaking point, I guess. How would you react if a gal would raise her dress and take a crap in the main isle at Walmart. Where does her freedom end and yours start.
What if you had 613 commandments to follow ever day, some positive and some negative ? Has our world became so complex we are getting back to that point.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272482
05/25/21 09:44 PM
05/25/21 09:44 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Well, I think I've settled on a course of action. Since this neighbor has the Christmas tree farm directly in back of me with a clear view of my garden, the cleanest part of the lot, and I haven't put in a garden this year I think I'm going to try my hand at pastured pork on that quarter acre.
Maybe it'll be cold enough for an old fashioned hog killing on Black Friday.

[Linked Image]
Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272488
05/25/21 09:55 PM
05/25/21 09:55 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Well, I think I've settled on a course of action. Since this neighbor has the Christmas tree farm directly in back of me with a clear view of my garden, the cleanest part of the lot, and I haven't put in a garden this year I think I'm going to try my hand at pastured pork on that quarter acre.

If someone should come up with the idea to drown your pigs its been my experience pigs are very good swimmers, lol.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272502
05/25/21 10:12 PM
05/25/21 10:12 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
It would be easier to mow your darn yard.

And, this will get even better if your pig fantasy actually happens. If you intentionally mess with his business, he'll sue you for that.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272506
05/25/21 10:13 PM
05/25/21 10:13 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border

May be the prevailing winds be in your favor. <fingers crossed>

NRA benefactor member
Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272543
05/25/21 10:44 PM
05/25/21 10:44 PM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Back to your original question, the only legal recourse you have is basically whatever the law says for the area you live in. If you’re within the law you’re good to go, if you’re not i guess your neighbor has more of a leg to stand on than you do, even on your own property. I really don’t see the point of brewing up a bunch of crap back and forth with your neighbor and trying to invent ways to torment one another like a couple of children.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272545
05/25/21 10:47 PM
05/25/21 10:47 PM
Michigan
J
JSfab Offline
trapper
JSfab  Offline
trapper
J

Michigan
I know the following isn't very popular nowadays, and really hasn't ever been popular with humanity, but Truth be told it's by far the best course of action.

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise. “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: warrior] #7272550
05/25/21 10:52 PM
05/25/21 10:52 PM
iowa
bankrunner Offline
trapper
bankrunner  Offline
trapper

iowa
Sounds like a tantrum starting. Just like the guy that bought the campground and our whole shop area and all the land. We have a signed 10 year lease. Now the first year in the lease , he wants us out. He is a total douche. Prime example is parking his excavator 32 feet from our 5 overhead truck door bays. Our service trucks are about 25 + feet long. Only reason he has money is his brother crashed a plane and was killed and made him and his dad 19 million.

Re: Question, what legal recourse do I have? [Re: Feedinggrounds] #7272881
05/26/21 01:48 PM
05/26/21 01:48 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds

Your are the one that started the thread, looking for help.

If you tell him to look in the archives every 14 year old here is gonna report you so be careful Mister Feedin Grounds- be very careful grin

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread