No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275698
05/29/21 09:57 PM
05/29/21 09:57 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Lots of dead people wish they could have gotten the shots in time. Same for those who spent weeks on a ventilator. Sorry you had difficulty with yours. Mine was a piece of cake. Wife’s was also. Kids had no problem and our 13 year old grandson gets his second in about 10 days.

When did natural disasters become political? I think it was Hurricane Katrina maybe. Politics should not divide people on public safety issues. So sad. And what does it matter what definition the vaccines has or doesn’t have. It’s purpose is to stop the spread and ultimate mutation of Covid-19 and nothing else.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: charles] #7275699
05/29/21 09:59 PM
05/29/21 09:59 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by charles
Lots of dead people wish they could have gotten the shots in time. Same for those who spent weeks on a ventilator. Sorry you had difficulty with yours. Mine was a piece of cake. Wife’s was also. Kids had no problem and our 13 year old grandson gets his second in about 10 days.

When did natural disasters become political? I think it was Hurricane Katrina maybe. Politics should not divide people on public safety issues. So sad. And what does it matter what definition the vaccines has or doesn’t have. It’s purpose is to stop the spread and ultimate mutation of Covid-19 and nothing else.

Got my popcorn ready.

No Jab.
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275703
05/29/21 10:05 PM
05/29/21 10:05 PM
Ohio
BuckMink Offline
trapper
BuckMink  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Had covid, no way am I getting this vaccine now after reading this thread!

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275745
05/29/21 11:17 PM
05/29/21 11:17 PM
Montana
Y
Yellowstone Offline
trapper
Yellowstone  Offline
trapper
Y

Montana
Numbers were plummeting here before the injection. Less than half of the hospital employees and less than 10% of the doctors I work with have taken it. Studies weren’t good on this type of injection for years they tell me. Read a quick news blurb that came across my phone Thursday that there people who have had COVID might have antibodies and be immune forever. People that have had just the injection will need a booster. I’ve heard numerous reports that people are still showing antibodies over a year out now. I’ll take my chances and for darn sure not giving to my kids who had it roar through the school with teachers but no kids having symptoms or hardly any. I don’t care who else gets it but not my family.

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275771
05/30/21 01:18 AM
05/30/21 01:18 AM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Online content
trapper
beaverpeeler  Online Content
trapper

Oregon
Covid rates are dropping and it is direct cause and effect to the amount of bodies that have got the vaccination. (f you don't mind living the way you have for the last year sure, don't get the vax).

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7275776
05/30/21 01:36 AM
05/30/21 01:36 AM
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

williams,mn
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Matt28
I think you should get the second shot for your safety and everyone around you.

Matt drank the Kool-aid?

lol

A lot of doctors talk about the autoimmune diseases that could happen. Some doctors predict that all shot takers will die from it in just the next few years.

There is a lot of pressure, and persuading to take the shots. So much so...that I dont trust the motives behind it.

Viral immunity is much greater than shot immunity. I'll wait and take my chances. It saddens me to see so many folks I know, friends, family and such, put so much blind faith into the shot so quickly just for peace of mind.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: charles] #7275781
05/30/21 04:33 AM
05/30/21 04:33 AM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
Originally Posted by charles

shocked

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275783
05/30/21 05:22 AM
05/30/21 05:22 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

For whatever reason, it's fascinating why CA has jumped on board the lottery-vaxx train by offering 10x 1.5 million dollars to those who get the injection.
Never had a lotto for a vaccine before have we?

I saw people yesterday still wearing masks while jogging, driving alone in the cars with windows rolled up, with the reason being perhaps there's a virus that's been identified with 99.7% survivability (we're told) and that the Centers for Disease Control now admits has a .01% of contraction outdoors? When did the CDC go from "super spreader" terms to .01%? There's a mile of turf between those types of words and that kind of number, isn't there?

The greatest pandemic in our lifetimes and the richest nation on earth (us) had the same medical plan overall as 3rd world nations? A face covering and a 6' rule? What?
That tells me, USA medical virologists had very little say in all things pandemic because even this scientist realizes a virulent virus is not inhibited by face coverings and a few feet.
Touch these things and keep these stores open but close these things and those businesses down? What? That's not a virology plan. That's another type of plan which we're not privy to I guess?
The morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 deserved a full-scale effort, especially from those with the most means to do so (us), and for whatever reason, most of us contracted COVID-19 and survived, even with sub-par government officials like AF (he's a terrible gaf at the wheel) directing traffic and I'm glad he's not in charge of air traffic control because... well because.

This entire situation has been sad to witness as our great nation looked and acted like a 3rd world nation.
We wish it wasn't so but realize it is.

Blessings to those who are vaccinated - not vaccinated - injected - not injected - vaxxed - and not vaxxed.
Mark

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275871
05/30/21 08:41 AM
05/30/21 08:41 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Hey Charles, you said you are a retired military officer, correct? What was your position in the military? I ask because I'm trying to get into your worldview and I'm convinced from my own work experiences that occupations and sub-occupations can tend to see the world very differently.

In my agency, what the engineers do doesn't get me excited but its needed so in the end I can do my analysis of derived data products. I'm sure what I do bore most of the engineers (most of these are computer engineers) to tears. Same way with the "teckie" side of our "science". Most of those folks love the processes of what they do, how to use the end results don't float most of their boats. So, these groups I'm involved with aren't really using the same language and/or have any real same interests. We don't see or share the same worldview.

Perhaps that's the difference between you and some of us on tman. You appear to have a very Fauci single-mindedness that the virus is the only thing that matters, and either you don't see or don't think the collateral damage caused by letting the "medical" people make all the pandemic policy decisions is an issue. Among other things...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7275876
05/30/21 08:51 AM
05/30/21 08:51 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Covid rates are dropping and it is direct cause and effect to the amount of bodies that have got the vaccination. (f you don't mind living the way you have for the last year sure, don't get the vax).

Yeah ok.

No Jab.
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275883
05/30/21 09:02 AM
05/30/21 09:02 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Since you asked...no way on Gods green Earth I’d get it. It’s NOT A VACCINE plain and simple, it’s nothing more than a best guess shot that I keep reading more and more bad things about.
I’ve had Doctors tell me not to get it. I’ve read and even had Doctors tell me it actually weakens your immune system and those vaccinated are more susceptible to the virus and many other issues now more than ever. From what I’ve read and been told, your BEST defense is by getting the actual virus. A mild case (99.7% survival rate) is the best, hospitalization with ventilator not so much.
There is no rhyme or reason with the virus either. A perfectly healthy 30+ year old gets his butt kicked by it and a 60+ year old smoker with heart problems never misses a day on the tractor.

Only thing that disproves your point is how the cases plummented after the vaccines started getting used. So it must be working ...

Did cases plummet or did testing plummet? I bet if one were to to research it, they would probably find that testing for covid plummeted.

Last edited by J Staton; 05/30/21 09:03 AM.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: beaverpeeler] #7275887
05/30/21 09:07 AM
05/30/21 09:07 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Flu cases drop off this time of year too.

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

Will you be getting the shot every six months for the rest of your life then?

Levi
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275913
05/30/21 09:53 AM
05/30/21 09:53 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Choices will be made for unknown personal reasons the ones not getting the shots have the most to say even though the are not invested in any way, Only time will tell as to the outcome but men acting like they are still on the playground is sad to see. The no vac crowd is scared of the unknown just like the ones that got the shots we just don’t have the need to belittle others to feed that fear.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275923
05/30/21 10:01 AM
05/30/21 10:01 AM
Northern Ky
T
Thumb Catcher Offline
trapper
Thumb Catcher  Offline
trapper
T

Northern Ky
Review The Shingles Vaccine? Please,,,,,, Its a Virus requires two shots now vrs one or two every 10 yrs.

Do your self a small favor and just google Shingles and complications and the Shots, know the complications from it, and no people rarely die from the Shingles but it sure is a painful thing to deal with.
The Vaccine has been available for years.
I have known a few people that for one reason or other procrastinated and didn't get the shingles shots as advised by there doctor and gosh did they suffer the consequences.

Personally for some,,, not all I think,, age and health have a lot to do with the decision on the Covid Vaccine. The medical world has been studying viruses for many years and were fortunate they were able to come up with the vaccine as quickly as they did. I am also aware that current studies are under way as to why some people just get a mild case
of Covid vrs Death or a life time of a Disability from Covid. I'm not educated enough to explain the reasoning but I do know the studies are under way and with time we will know more.

It was stated above and above all I respect that this is a personal choice, there is so much political garbage out there and I know myself overtime I see Fauci on TV I wanna puke.

Maybe I haven't helped and I'm certainly not going to change a lot of peoples minds : Not my intentions just my conversation about the situation.

Rand Paul here from Ky love him or hate him finally I can say DAT A BOY go after that Lying Jerk Fauci,,,,
I hope he gets in his face more and keeps at it. Thats a hole conversation in itself many things will be revealed in the History Books some day about the Origins and who was the orchestrator of Covid,
Nuff you all will probably bash my comments but I am just speaking as one individual, right or wrong just my thoughts

Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7275928
05/30/21 10:05 AM
05/30/21 10:05 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Wife looked into the shingle shots the pharmacist said to wait because a better shot was coming out soon that was more effective.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: Yellowstone] #7275933
05/30/21 10:16 AM
05/30/21 10:16 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Yellowstone
Numbers were plummeting here before the injection. Less than half of the hospital employees and less than 10% of the doctors I work with have taken it. Studies weren’t good on this type of injection for years they tell me. Read a quick news blurb that came across my phone Thursday that there people who have had COVID might have antibodies and be immune forever. People that have had just the injection will need a booster. I’ve heard numerous reports that people are still showing antibodies over a year out now. I’ll take my chances and for darn sure not giving to my kids who had it roar through the school with teachers but no kids having symptoms or hardly any. I don’t care who else gets it but not my family.

LOL I call BS on that the vaccines started in mid DECEMBER !! The largest out breaks were right after Christmas and into January . The big rollout of vaccines happened toward the end of January . Numbers plummeted end of Feb /beginning of March. Facts only the facts. Just like Fox and friends LOL

Last edited by jbyrd63; 05/30/21 10:22 AM.
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: J Staton] #7275944
05/30/21 10:42 AM
05/30/21 10:42 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by J Staton

Did cases plummet or did testing plummet? I bet if one were to to research it, they would probably find that testing for covid plummeted.

I'm not sure about your area of the country, but around here it is MUCH easier to get tested now then it was a year ago at the same time. Many folks are taking advantage of that. Two huge hospital systems and a couple smaller ones had the numbers of symptoms needed to get tested so high it was virtually impossible to get tested. My county was the last one in the state to have a confirmed case. We held onto the lowest case numbers for a long while. Sometime in Mid-September they changed the testing guidelines and our numbers went up. We have kind of plateaued now and we get a couple new cases a week.

My county also has one of the highest percentages of folks with both shots.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: Law Dog] #7275974
05/30/21 11:21 AM
05/30/21 11:21 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Choices will be made for unknown personal reasons the ones not getting the shots have the most to say even though the are not invested in any way, Only time will tell as to the outcome but men acting like they are still on the playground is sad to see. The no vac crowd is scared of the unknown just like the ones that got the shots we just don’t have the need to belittle others to feed that fear.

The virus has a survival rate of over 99%. I feel I don't need it.

No Jab.
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7276198
05/30/21 06:11 PM
05/30/21 06:11 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by Law Dog

The virus has a survival rate of over 99%. I feel I don't need it.

99% For who?-Not the old geezers on here ready for the old age penitentiary-more likely 10%

Last edited by Boco; 05/30/21 06:13 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Covid vac get second shot or not? [Re: jbyrd63] #7276282
05/30/21 08:33 PM
05/30/21 08:33 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
We are in a war with Covid. Who do you want to win?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread