No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Northof50] #7276406
05/30/21 11:27 PM
05/30/21 11:27 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Northof50
Our ICU units are full and Sask and Ontario is taking some, ND has offered some space as well.
the planes have a self contained air system and 4-6 patients at a time

why so 20-30 many getting sick, it's a old folks disease they thought, and they are past the point of recovery when entering Emergency, 50% are only tested positive then but many tines too later.

Yea thats why I posted the link. Supposedly the data is up to date. It shows no 20 year olds in Ontario dying??

Then I see articles like this and its hard to know what to believe?

https://torontosun.com/news/provinc...Rh-YBCzrTcXMqVC_SCwal0jPkahcB_dzR18S4AL4

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7276411
05/30/21 11:45 PM
05/30/21 11:45 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Canada has far fewer ICU beds per 100,000 than the US does. Ours typically function at around 75% capacity. It doesn't take much to tax the system and make things seem much more ominous than they really are. Just tossing that out there.

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7276463
05/31/21 06:54 AM
05/31/21 06:54 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Got that right Posco
just hope that the variant Bii7 or what ever it is call does not show up in your neck of the woods.
There is also a very large population in southern Manitoba that don't want gov anything so vaccination is only 14% of the population , total deny it is around,

We can thank ND for at least vac the long distant truckers

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7276470
05/31/21 07:15 AM
05/31/21 07:15 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
I am thankful we do not have socialized medicine yet. Capitalism is horrible until you need an open ICU bed. I would laugh but it is not funny. I would almost bet the numbers of young folks dying is fake news also. Not a denier but no where else are they loosing young folks from this Chinese gotcha. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: yukon254] #7276510
05/31/21 08:55 AM
05/31/21 08:55 AM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by yukon254

You need to get your head out of the sand and wake up to whats going on all around you......The "fake news" came right from our MLA's mouth. Liberal fellow by the name of John Streiker. I was asked to go to meeting last week. He was there with two covid cops. He was asked the question directly by several people including me, and his answer was yes it is something they are looking at, and very likely will be required. You will be allowed in without a vaccine....but you will have to quarantine for 14-days even if you test negative. Someone said to him that sounds very much like forced vaccinations and his response was no we are just rewarding people that do get it. Like a carrot on a stick I guess.

So good to know, I'll be able to travel to Canada having gotten the vaccine, test positive for Covid, and I won't be quarantined cause I get a reward for holding a card. Whoohoo!

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7276547
05/31/21 10:01 AM
05/31/21 10:01 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yjvz-ySxCg

Canada's Covid Insanity

A good watch, a country that the gov't subsidies the media, jail's pastors for violations that don't carry jail time as a penalty and wants to silence citizens that speak negatively about politicians.

Communism is a good description.

Trump was a great eye opening to those that paid attention. He was right when he said the media is the enemy of the people.

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7276642
05/31/21 12:38 PM
05/31/21 12:38 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Our healthcare system is better than yours-thats why we have a longer life span here.You have more sick people there thats why you need more hospital beds.
Thats why you are trying to Copy Canada and get universal healthcare in your country.You just havent figured out how to do it yet.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Dirty D] #7276644
05/31/21 12:39 PM
05/31/21 12:39 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Dirty D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yjvz-ySxCg

Canada's Covid Insanity

A good watch, a country that the gov't subsidies the media, jail's pastors for violations that don't carry jail time as a penalty and wants to silence citizens that speak negatively about politicians.

Communism is a good description.

Trump was a great eye opening to those that paid attention. He was right when he said the media is the enemy of the people.

Not many got what Trump was about. People are too touchy-feely anymore.

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Boco] #7276649
05/31/21 12:45 PM
05/31/21 12:45 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Boco
Our healthcare system is better than yours-thats why we have a longer life span here.You have more sick people there thats why you need more hospital beds.
Thats why you are trying to Copy Canada and get universal healthcare in your country.You just havent figured out how to do it yet.

I told you guys not to insult Canada. It brings out Boco's "my dad is tougher than your dad" syndrom,

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: LLtrapper] #7276749
05/31/21 05:48 PM
05/31/21 05:48 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Originally Posted by LLtrapper
I am thankful we do not have socialized medicine yet. Capitalism is horrible until you need an open ICU bed. I would laugh but it is not funny. I would almost bet the numbers of young folks dying is fake news also. Not a denier but no where else are they loosing young folks from this Chinese gotcha. LLL

Knowing someone that was 26 and spouse 32 both died in 3 days from the variant Virus from Britain, did not think they were sick till the blood was being coughed out. So does first hand knowledge accepted by you LLt ?

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Boco] #7276750
05/31/21 05:52 PM
05/31/21 05:52 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN

That's not why you have a longer life expectancy and that is not why we have more open hospital beds.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Northof50] #7277186
06/01/21 12:01 PM
06/01/21 12:01 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

Knowing someone that was 26 and spouse 32 both died in 3 days from the variant Virus from Britain, did not think they were sick till the blood was being coughed out. So does first hand knowledge accepted by you LLt ?

So what you are saying is there is no " come to Ontario Auction " in July?

Who is John Galt?
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7277235
06/01/21 01:29 PM
06/01/21 01:29 PM
ontario
G
grampy Offline
trapper
grampy  Offline
trapper
G

ontario
Just read Ontario is locked down until AT LEAST June 16, with the exception people are no longer "confined" to their residences.. Stores, restaurants and such still under lock down unless for essential items, basic clothing and shoes are not essential? Still basing re-opening on % of people who have taken the shot. This is nothing short of coercion imo.
Ont gov't has now clarified that if a person dies with and not from covid they will still be counted as having died FROM covid.
They keep moving the goalposts. First it was the number of people testing positive, resulting from tests which have been acknowledged as inaccurate. Then it was number of deaths (also inaccurate),then it was a potential of hospital bed shortages,, now it's % of population who have taken the injection.
Gov't appears to be running in circles just chasing their tails, while the people pay the price.

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: grampy] #7277249
06/01/21 01:47 PM
06/01/21 01:47 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by grampy
Just read Ontario is locked down until AT LEAST June 16, with the exception people are no longer "confined" to their residences.. Stores, restaurants and such still under lock down unless for essential items, basic clothing and shoes are not essential? Still basing re-opening on % of people who have taken the shot. This is nothing short of coercion imo.
Ont gov't has now clarified that if a person dies with and not from covid they will still be counted as having died FROM covid.
They keep moving the goalposts. First it was the number of people testing positive, resulting from tests which have been acknowledged as inaccurate. Then it was number of deaths (also inaccurate),then it was a potential of hospital bed shortages,, now it's % of population who have taken the injection.
Gov't appears to be running in circles just chasing their tails, while the people pay the price.

Been "counting" like that here the whole time Grumpy, need to pad the numbers to scare people into submission. It worked on quite a few!

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: grampy] #7277256
06/01/21 02:05 PM
06/01/21 02:05 PM
North Carolina
F
finbar Offline
trapper
finbar  Offline
trapper
F

North Carolina
Originally Posted by grampy

This guy gets it

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7277342
06/01/21 04:12 PM
06/01/21 04:12 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
All the little bureaucrats who have never counted for much now have more power than they ever dreamed of having. Makes them "engorged" and such. Give a nobody power and they'll milk it for everything it has. Stalin wasn't in the top tier of the first Russian commie revolutionaries, he was the guy the kept the party discussion notes. But he gained a lot of information so when there was a power vacuum (Lenin stroking out), he convinced enough of the leadership to come with him because he had written all the "good stuff" down. Look at all the power little puke Tony has, and no one elected him to do squat. Don't underestimate bureaucrats. Many come and go and generally are just a temporary PIA but some are real trouble...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Boco] #7277358
06/01/21 04:37 PM
06/01/21 04:37 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook

Canada's First Nations people have a shorter life expectancy than your average Canadian. Why?

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: charles] #7277393
06/01/21 05:49 PM
06/01/21 05:49 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Genetics/Colonization.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: teepee2] #7277398
06/01/21 05:53 PM
06/01/21 05:53 PM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
Originally Posted by teepee2
Cruise ships are infested with all kinds of diseases,glad they cant come here.

Come on BOBO. You guys just don't want someone stumbling across another mass grave of indigenous children do you? Like the one that was found the other day. You guys are such a civilized society.

Didn't you read.

Re: Is Canada still closed to outsiders [Re: Northof50] #7277403
06/01/21 06:04 PM
06/01/21 06:04 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

I never said no deaths were occuring. I said the number being posted was PROBABLY fake news. They did the same thing here but not with the young. Why is it not killing young folks like that here? You thing you have a virus we don't? LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread