No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278529
06/03/21 06:53 AM
06/03/21 06:53 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by J Staton
The U.S. government may recognize gay marriage, but me and my house don't.

Do you and your household recognize straight couples that are having sex but not married, or straight couples that are divorced and remarried? Both are just as sinful as homosexual relationships.

Recognize it as a sin and dang sure don't get on the computer and defend sin as you are doing. Maybe you should change your handle to Sugarinthetank.

James 1: 19-20
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278538
06/03/21 07:12 AM
06/03/21 07:12 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Where did I defend sin? Point it out for me. Maybe quote it. To ahead. Show us all where I said that something sinful isn't sinful.

And you still didn't really answer the question.....do you and your family recognize couples that are divorced and remarried for reasons other than sexual immorality in the previous marriages?

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/03/21 07:13 AM.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278550
06/03/21 07:30 AM
06/03/21 07:30 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
Can't answer your question because I know not the heart of those remarried. Unlike you, I don't judge to condemnation.
Homosexuality is a sin, period. Unless repentance occurs and the homosexual does turn from his/her ways they condemn themselves.
Your questions imply the defense of gay marriage and it's obvious to everyone but yourself.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278555
06/03/21 07:36 AM
06/03/21 07:36 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Where did I defend sin? Point it out for me. Maybe quote it. To ahead. Show us all where I said that something sinful isn't sinful.

And you still didn't really answer the question.....do you and your family recognize couples that are divorced and remarried for reasons other than sexual immorality in the previous marriages?

There is a simple fix for that. Have her stoned to death and then you will be free to marry again.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Foxpaw] #7278565
06/03/21 07:50 AM
06/03/21 07:50 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

There is a simple fix for that. Have her stoned to death and then you will be free to marry again.

No need for extremes just have multiple wifes. There are several examples of this occurring.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278569
06/03/21 07:57 AM
06/03/21 07:57 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
The U.S. government may recognize gay marriage, but me and my house don't.

Do you and your household recognize straight couples that are having sex but not married, or straight couples that are divorced and remarried? Both are just as sinful as homosexual relationships.

Says who?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278572
06/03/21 08:05 AM
06/03/21 08:05 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS

In my opinion, the difference is that someone who has been divorced and remarried, or a couple that lives in sin and eventually gets married, are able to be forgiven for those sins and start anew. That doesn't seem possible with a homosexual couple, for each day they choose to sin again. When Jesus forgave the adulteress, he told her to go and SIN NO MORE. Homosexual couples make the conscious decision to sin again each day.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278583
06/03/21 08:18 AM
06/03/21 08:18 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Jesus said that if a man divorces his wife except for sexual immorality and married another woman, he commits adultery with her. Every single day that couple wakes up married, they are commiting adultery. If that couple is aware of what the bible says about divorce and remarriage, then they make the conscious decision every single day to continue to live in sin. They consciously decide every day to live in opposition to one of the 10 commandments. The only cure for that sin is for that couple to dissolve their marriage.

And J Station, I see you can't show anywhere that I've defended sin
I'm glad we were able to clear that up.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/03/21 08:21 AM.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278584
06/03/21 08:19 AM
06/03/21 08:19 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
There are benefits of being married.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278600
06/03/21 08:38 AM
06/03/21 08:38 AM
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Arkansas
LG I simply stated my belief in the biblical definition of marriage but you attempt to deflect with a line of questions pertaining to adultery. So this leads to reason you are attempting to defend gay marriage. Jesus also said that if you look upon a woman with lust you are also guilty of adultery. I'm guilty as charged. If I'm bound by the law I'm condemned as are we all. Good thing there's Grace.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278604
06/03/21 08:41 AM
06/03/21 08:41 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Jesus said that if a man divorces his wife except for sexual immorality and married another woman, he commits adultery with her. Every single day that couple wakes up married, they are commiting adultery. If that couple is aware of what the bible says about divorce and remarriage, then they make the conscious decision every single day to continue to live in sin. They consciously decide every day to live in opposition to one of the 10 commandments. The only cure for that sin is for that couple to dissolve their marriage.

So you are saying that if a woman is married to a druggie and he beats her constantly and there is no adultery, then she can't get a divorce and just has to take the beatings or wait til he kills her ?

Last edited by Foxpaw; 06/03/21 08:42 AM.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278605
06/03/21 08:44 AM
06/03/21 08:44 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Paul lived with a "thorn in the flesh" that an emissary of Satan used to buffet him. Paul asked God to remove it three times but God said his grace was sufficient. That thorn might have been lust, we don't know.

Who isn't tempted to lust? As the saying goes, you can't keep a bird from landing in your hair but you can keep it from building a nest there. Homosexuality can be conquered.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Foxpaw] #7278609
06/03/21 08:47 AM
06/03/21 08:47 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Foxpaw

So you are saying that if a woman is married to a druggie and he beats her constantly and there is no adultery, then she can't get a divorce and just has to take the beatings or wait til he kills her ?

Not at all. She's free to divorce, or move out and not live with the husband. But she's not free to get married again.

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/03/21 08:47 AM.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: J Staton] #7278612
06/03/21 08:48 AM
06/03/21 08:48 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
LG I simply stated my belief in the biblical definition of marriage but you attempt to deflect with a line of questions pertaining to adultery. So this leads to reason you are attempting to defend gay marriage. Jesus also said that if you look upon a woman with lust you are also guilty of adultery. I'm guilty as charged. If I'm bound by the law I'm condemned as are we all. Good thing there's Grace.

I'm just trying to understand why Christians (among whom I count myself) tend to make such a big deal of certain sins, but not others.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278614
06/03/21 08:52 AM
06/03/21 08:52 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I'm just trying to understand why Christians (among whom I count myself) tend to make such a big deal of certain sins, but not others.

David sinned with Bathsheba, I assume you know the story. Look what it cost a man after God's own heart.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278621
06/03/21 09:00 AM
06/03/21 09:00 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
I know the story of David and Bathsheba well.

I'm just trying to comprehend why we make such a big deal of certain sins like homosexuality and not others. I mean, if gay marriage shouldn't be legal, why shouldn't divorce and remarriage.be illegal as well? If gay marriage causes societal problems, doesn't adultery cause social problems as well? Lots and lots of kids (like me) grow up in households with divorce, without both biological parents present, and it causes a lot of hurt for.those kids, same as if they grow up with 2 dudes for parents. Yet, never in my life, have I ever heard anyone, christian or otherwise, say that divorce and remarriage should be illegal, yet I've heard more than I can count say gay marriage should be illegal. Why is that? Why one and not the other? If we're all about preserving the sanctity and holiness of marriage (and we should be), why shouldn't both gay marriage AND adulterous remarriage be illegal?

Why not expand the Definition of Marriage Act to define marriage as not only one man one.woman, but also first marriages only, except in cases of sexual immorality?

Last edited by loosegoose; 06/03/21 09:04 AM.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278630
06/03/21 09:20 AM
06/03/21 09:20 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Loosegoose I think you are proving why one can't legislate moral codes and why church and school can't any longer be depended on to do that for the parent. The perverts and their grooming techniques have infiltrated even the things which were once sacred ground. Such a commotion over the price of a dog?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278655
06/03/21 10:08 AM
06/03/21 10:08 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I don't see any reason why church or government should have a say in who marries who.. Except maybe government can keep track who is where by what name..Don't want no one voting isn't registered in right district..
Seems to me couple just needs someone like Shelton Cooper to draw up a good marriage contract. Know guy tried to tell judge his wife violated their churches marriage contract when she cheated on him.. Didn't carry much weight she still got half his stuff. Maybe all any one really needs is good Prenup? Then when couple splits up can be different fight over who gets what who pays for what.

I have never agreed with the idea that couples should get tax breaks that single don't. Shouldn't be no deductions for having kids either. No reason single people should support someone else choice to raise munchkins..Pay higher taxes for someone else life choice..
As for morality of it?? Anyone can find a reason to think others are in violation their morality.. Your fishing in my special spot using live bait.. How dare you!
People need spend more time worrying about things have direct effect on them. Not worry about some perceived injustice to their morality.
Go back to watch more Walton's less 24 loop news..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278663
06/03/21 10:23 AM
06/03/21 10:23 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Yes Mac a Prenup is not just something thought up by the lawyers just lately. It was used long ago and an example was in the Talmud where if a woman married a tanner and brought her dowry with her, then when she found out how bad he stunk, she had 6 months to annul the marriage and leave with her dowry. If she waited longer than the allotted time she could still leave but the dowry was his to keep.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278691
06/03/21 11:30 AM
06/03/21 11:30 AM
Michigan
P
PFC Davis Offline
trapper
PFC Davis  Offline
trapper
P

Michigan
I just believe that all sin is equal under the eyes of God but how that sin is dealt with depends on the person and circumstance. For there are some things that are out of our control because there will always be sin in the world no matter how much we try. And I am not saying we shouldn't stop fighting, all I am saying is that no matter what happens, God is in control. And though our country does seem to be going south, we should remember that this world is not our own, and that we shall suffer for his name's sake. Just look at history. You just don't know what will happen. So this is still not a smart idea for the government, but all we can do if it passes is warn those who do do this act and tell them the damage it can have in their lives.

"There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10B

Last edited by Samuel D; 06/03/21 11:34 AM.

A good life tip:

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread