No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278778
06/03/21 01:52 PM
06/03/21 01:52 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Marriage is a contract between two adults.

Government and Religion sit in the background hoping to bless and/or support it. Who needs them? Well, maybe to manage a dissolution. I see no other purpose to their involvement.

Maybe one other purpose. It give us an opportunity to argue which of the two is stupider.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7278801
06/03/21 02:21 PM
06/03/21 02:21 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Originally Posted by WiscoNate

Why should the government be involved in theft?

When is the government not involved in theft?

Why SHOULD the government be involved in theft was the question. The fact that it's constantly involved in theft has no bearing on whether or not it should be.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7278805
06/03/21 02:27 PM
06/03/21 02:27 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Why should government be involved in marriage at all?

Because the equitable sharing of women has and will lead to peaceful cultures, Children from two parent households tend to have many fewer issues and a higher percentage of them tend to be responsible citizens.

Why would the Govt not incentivize the institution that has proven to make peaceful cultures and responsible citizens?

Why does government need to be involved in the equitable sharing of women? Why would government need to incentivize anything? Might it be because government needs to control? Can't I get married without having Uncle Sam as an unwanted middleman?

Is the U.S. a peaceful culture? Is it full of responsible citizens?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: BigBob] #7278806
06/03/21 02:29 PM
06/03/21 02:29 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
Originally Posted by BigBob

They sell PERMITS to ALLOW you to get married!

I'm well aware of that. Why should they sell permits to allow me to get married? Why do I need their permission?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: bearcat2] #7278807
06/03/21 02:30 PM
06/03/21 02:30 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
Originally Posted by bearcat2

I've never gotten a good answer when I asked that. Lots of mutterings and umms and ahhs.

I still haven't. wink

I can't think of a good answer, other than, "They shouldn't.".

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278833
06/03/21 03:36 PM
06/03/21 03:36 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I, very much for the most part, don't care whatever adult people do with other consenting adult people. I don't care who they marry, who they screw, what animals they own, what they buy, what they eat, what substances they imbibe, how they dress, what they do to their bodies, how they keep their yard and house, what race they are, what religion they are, who they are friends with or anything else as long as they don't overly, negatively effect me.

Keith

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278841
06/03/21 03:49 PM
06/03/21 03:49 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Thats the problem-saying that crap dont affect me just lets it spread.
Gotta bring back the ducking stool.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: WiscoNate] #7278844
06/03/21 04:00 PM
06/03/21 04:00 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa

Taxes
Control

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278865
06/03/21 04:44 PM
06/03/21 04:44 PM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Where did I defend sin? Point it out for me. Maybe quote it. To ahead. Show us all where I said that something sinful isn't sinful.

And you still didn't really answer the question.....do you and your family recognize couples that are divorced and remarried for reasons other than sexual immorality in the previous marriages?

Loosegoose -

I agree with you but also challenge you to show me the scripture that allows for re-marriage after a divorce. Divorce was only allowed due to the hardening of our hearts in adultery. Please help me find Gods word that allows any re-marriage other than death of a spouse.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: bearcat2] #7278871
06/03/21 04:57 PM
06/03/21 04:57 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
If two dudes wanna get stuck together and be miserable like eveyone else then who cares ?
Originally Posted by bearcat2

I've never gotten a good answer when I asked that. Lots of mutterings and umms and ahhs.

Yeah what happened to the whose separation of church and state ?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: TreedaBlackdog] #7278881
06/03/21 05:07 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Where did I defend sin? Point it out for me. Maybe quote it. To ahead. Show us all where I said that something sinful isn't sinful.

And you still didn't really answer the question.....do you and your family recognize couples that are divorced and remarried for reasons other than sexual immorality in the previous marriages?

Loosegoose -

I agree with you but also challenge you to show me the scripture that allows for re-marriage after a divorce. Divorce was only allowed due to the hardening of our hearts in adultery. Please help me find Gods word that allows any re-marriage other than death of a spouse.

In Matthew 19 Jesus said that any man who divorced his wife except for sexual immorality and marries another woman commits adultery with her. That's usually interpreted to mean that marriage after divorce is only allowed I'd the divorce was due to a cheating partner.

I'd actually agree with you, though, that remarriage is only allowed after the death of a spouse. Marriage and courtship weren't the same back then as they are now, and I've read that the line from Jesus could be more accurately interpreted that breaking off an engagement was allowed due to sexual immorality, that the marriage could be called off before it was finalized, but that once things were finalized, that was it, it was a done deal. They didn't really do engagements back then like we do now, they pretty much just declared themselves married, but it wasn't a done deal until the wedding party. I'll do some looking and see if I can find where I read about it.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Wolfdog91] #7278882
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Yeah what happened to the whose separation of church and state ?

Hate crime legislation? It's no secret the left has tried to muzzle outspoken churches.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278901
06/03/21 05:29 PM
06/03/21 05:29 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Found it..

Back before Jesus was born and before Mary and Joseph were married, Joseph found out that Mary was knocked up, and "decided in his mind to divorce her quietly" so that she wouldn't be embarrassed. But how could he divorce her if they weren't married yet? They were betrothed, basically considered married, even though they didn't have the big party, and weren't supposed to be sleeping together..But he could still divorce her, because he presumed that she had been unfaithful, until and angel told him otherwise. That's what Jesus was referring to when he said divorce was permitted due to sexual immorality.....betrothal could be broken off.

article

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278958
06/03/21 06:58 PM
06/03/21 06:58 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Online content
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Online Content
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
The right to believe or not believe, in any religion, including one you create yourself, is definitely a natural right.

It is not your right to impose your belief on others. If you can show harm to others because of a gay marriage it would be another story.

We all accept laws against stealing because theft harms people for example.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: danny clifton] #7278967
06/03/21 07:15 PM
06/03/21 07:15 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
Originally Posted by danny clifton
The right to believe or not believe, in any religion, including one you create yourself, is definitely a natural right.

It is not your right to impose your belief on others. If you can show harm to others because of a gay marriage it would be another story.

We all accept laws against stealing because theft harms people for example.

Don't we accept laws protecting stealing if government does it? Why do people look to government to either come up with or enforce morality, especially since more often than not it's as immoral (if not more so) as what it's against?

The "wE nEeD a LaW" mentality is a problem. It's okay to be against gay marriage (I am, I don't agree with any redefinition of marriage) while not trying to use the government as a club to beat others into submitting to your moral code. You may get further by posing reasonable objections (if they let you), than by use of force. Most likely, culture rot will continue either way.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278971
06/03/21 07:29 PM
06/03/21 07:29 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
"A republic, if you can keep it."

Franklin knew what he was talking about when he said that.

As for homosexuals, I'm pretty much on the same page as Keith. Makes no nevermind to me... But if that's the way you choose to live you have to deal with it. No special protections... Your boss finds out and fires you, that's the choice you made.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278987
06/03/21 08:06 PM
06/03/21 08:06 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Jesus said that if a man divorces his wife except for sexual immorality and married another woman, he commits adultery with her. Every single day that couple wakes up married, they are commiting adultery. If that couple is aware of what the bible says about divorce and remarriage, then they make the conscious decision every single day to continue to live in sin. They consciously decide every day to live in opposition to one of the 10 commandments. The only cure for that sin is for that couple to dissolve their marriage.

And J Station, I see you can't show anywhere that I've defended sin
I'm glad we were able to clear that up.

I think that you're assuming that the man who divorced his wife for a reason other than adultery remarried without first being forgiven for the sin of the divorce.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7278989
06/03/21 08:09 PM
06/03/21 08:09 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

An unsaved woman marries an unsaved man. They divorce. Sometime afterwards this unsaved woman meets and marries a saved man. This saved man leads his unsaved woman to Christ. Should she divorce her current husband and remarry her former husband as not to live in adultery?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: ] #7278991
06/03/21 08:11 PM
06/03/21 08:11 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by J Staton
An unsaved woman marries an unsaved man. They divorce. Sometime afterwards this unsaved woman meets and marries a saved man. This saved man leads his unsaved woman to Christ. Should she divorce her current husband and remarry her former husband as not to live in adultery?

They should divorce and stay divorced. Would you rather they live in adulterous sin? Jesus said they're commiting adultery by marrying, it's not my words, it's his. God never wants us to sin, so he doesn't want us to live there n adultery.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7278992
06/03/21 08:13 PM
06/03/21 08:13 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Found it..

Back before Jesus was born and before Mary and Joseph were married, Joseph found out that Mary was knocked up, and "decided in his mind to divorce her quietly" so that she wouldn't be embarrassed. But how could he divorce her if they weren't married yet? They were betrothed, basically considered married, even though they didn't have the big party, and weren't supposed to be sleeping together..But he could still divorce her, because he presumed that she had been unfaithful, until and angel told him otherwise. That's what Jesus was referring to when he said divorce was permitted due to sexual immorality.....betrothal could be broken off.

article

You're reading way more into what was written here. The definition of betrothed is literally engaged. One of three definitions of divorce is to separate or disassociate yourself from someone or something. Joseph was engaged to Mary. He considered breaking the engagement, but of course changed his mind once God told him not to in a dream. AFTER the dream, he then took Mary home, as his wife.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread