No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: 52Carl] #7278490
06/03/21 01:07 AM
06/03/21 01:07 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by 52Carl
What's missing from this discussion about the recent call for reparations is that it is not coming from the descendants of slaves.
It is coming from the members of the political party which invented and perfected slavery. They are still practicing it by insisting that people of color are not capable of making it without assistance from their government programs. Why is that? Are they implying that people of color are defective?
Racism cannot be better defined by that line of thinking.
This is exactly why I have become racist myself.
I hate every one of those white people who have systematically destroyed the black family. I am talking about what they have done in my lifetime.

The democrats are basically asking us to pay to house, cloth, feed but not educate their slaves. Simple as that.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: adam m] #7278552
06/03/21 07:33 AM
06/03/21 07:33 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Pretty sure there isn't anyone in the USA currently that has owned a slave

And there ain't nobody in the USA currently that has been forced to pick cotton .

Time to move on

True.

I still have several aunties who were physically forced to go to boarding school in Santa Fe, horse drawn carriage by the government.
My parents couldn't speak any language other than English while in school. Heck, Natives were the last to get voting rights and seen as legal citizens until the 70's or 60's. They were considered and given citizenship IF the went into the military

Sounds a lot like my material grandmother, sometime in the late 60s early 70 one of my cousins asked her help coming up with a really scary Halloween costume, she made him a catholic priest, the scariest thing she knew, after I got older and had studied some about the catholic run native schools I understood completely, also turned me off organized religion

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7278838
06/03/21 03:43 PM
06/03/21 03:43 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I don't believe in forced slavery
I don't believe reparations make any sense for those who were not directly affected.
I do believe a man who has nothing should be able to provide labor in return for something of value; money, housing, meals, clothing.
During the age of what we call slavery, there were no minimum wage requirements.

So:

Today we are seeing millions of people migrating to this country for a better life. Most have no skills and questionable ambition.
Guys like me and Suba 1 might to able to provide the necessities and a new skill to a lot of those immigrants if it weren't for current laws. All of which were created by the negative connotations of our countries past.

Want to give it a try? How about a pilot program run by the government similar to the CCC camps during the depression. It couldn't be any worse than forcefully conscripting US citizens into the Army for $83.00 per month up until the early '70's

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: adam m] #7278840
06/03/21 03:47 PM
06/03/21 03:47 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by adam m
Originally Posted by SJA
If there should be any reparations to slaves or descendants, it should be paid mainly by Spain, the Catholic Church, and England for enslaving the Native American indigenous peoples to mine the precious metals that were taken back to Spain and the Church and for the demanding conformity of the "Christian" religion. Next comes the U.S. Government for the abuse, broken treaties and all else done to the NAI. Then we could even go to the racism towards the Irish, Chinese, Italians, etc. Spain enslaved the NAI 126 years BEFORE the African slave trade was even here.

Yup.

If there are reparations for the descendants of black slaves, there should be reparations to the descendants of the white soldiers who lost their lives in the civil war fighting to free the black slaves.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: Trapper7] #7278846
06/03/21 04:00 PM
06/03/21 04:00 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Originally Posted by Trapper7
If there should be reparations to the descendants of the white soldiers who lost their lives in the civil war fighting to free the black slaves.
And all drafted military clear up until the all volunteer army.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7278856
06/03/21 04:25 PM
06/03/21 04:25 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Hold yer horses right there T- Rex. I worked in Dundalk / Baltimore for 3 month. I am pretty sure that I'll rent an excavator before trying to teach new skills to folks I have met there. In fact, I'll do my excavations with a spoon before letting any of those folks near my place.
I figured out pretty quick that the musical ice cream van was not selling ice cream at 0200

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7278857
06/03/21 04:26 PM
06/03/21 04:26 PM
Maine
A
andrews1958 Offline
trapper
andrews1958  Offline
trapper
A

Maine
At what point is enough is enough! You hear about these radical White supremacy, skin heads and Nazis are so against/ hate blacks. I am surprised that they have not been more vocal.

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7278878
06/03/21 05:06 PM
06/03/21 05:06 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I think the best solution is to just have a war against anyone who wants reparations or special treatment, including treaty rights and the rest of us will just totally exterminate them, so we dont have to deal with this crap in the future. Most, maybe all people if given that choice will just go on living and hopefully take responsibility for themselves.

Keith

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279037
06/03/21 09:15 PM
06/03/21 09:15 PM
Maine
A
andrews1958 Offline
trapper
andrews1958  Offline
trapper
A

Maine
Give them southern California, They own it and everything there. Their own cities building and houses. They are totally on their own financially, medically. No support from the government as they will have their own. The can not leave, and to make sure we put a fence around it.

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279056
06/03/21 09:40 PM
06/03/21 09:40 PM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
I personally don’t agree with reparations one single bit. In fact I believe it is just another form of free stuff to a race of people who don’t deserve it, who are mostly too lazy to work and can’t handle responsibilities. Of course not all black people are this way, I know several through life that were outstanding hard working individuals. However like Candace Owens said. When 75% of black youth are raised in a single parent home then there IS definitely a problem. My hopes are if Oregon passes reparations there maybe all the useless parasites round here will migrate out there! Oh what a joy that would be!

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: SJA] #7279103
06/03/21 10:55 PM
06/03/21 10:55 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Originally Posted by SJA
If there should be any reparations to slaves or descendants, it should be paid mainly by Spain, the Catholic Church, and England for enslaving the Native American indigenous peoples to mine the precious metals that were taken back to Spain and the Church and for the demanding conformity of the "Christian" religion. Next comes the U.S. Government for the abuse, broken treaties and all else done to the NAI. Then we could even go to the racism towards the Irish, Chinese, Italians, etc. Spain enslaved the NAI 126 years BEFORE the African slave trade was even here.

I agree, but the Catholic Church paying isn’t going to happen. Here they just discovered 215 dead First Nations kids in an unmarked burial ground at a Catholic Church ran Residential School adding to the already found 1000s. There will be more found, survivors have been saying for years they were hiding deaths as a result of their mistreatment. They were the foot soldiers of genocide and refuse to apologize for their involvement. They’re pitiful, and grossly wealthy I might add but that’s no secret.

Last edited by rvsask; 06/03/21 10:57 PM.
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: Flint Lock] #7279107
06/03/21 11:06 PM
06/03/21 11:06 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Flint Lock
Originally Posted by Dillrod

Seems like a white person is the root of all evil in most racial minorities.

Black slavery in America was started by a black man. Black on black slavery has existed in Africa long before there were American colonies. The Jews were enslaved in Egypt. Slavery has existed in every continent in the world since forever. But you'd think all slavery in the world has been at the hands of white people of European descent by today's standards. Just another attempt to skew and reshape history. Slavery in America is a sad dark spot in our history that nobody is proud of, but the notion of reparations to black people today is insulting. It implies that they are incapable of making something of their lives without being treated like they have a disability. I know and have had the honor to serve with many fine successful black people, and not a single one of them ever needed a handout.

Very true.

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279112
06/03/21 11:19 PM
06/03/21 11:19 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
In my view, the Natives got all they're entitled to in their treaties and, in Alaska's case, the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. The tribes do like to claim sovereignty, when it's to their advantage. If the US breached some of these treaties, damages may be owed to the tribe for the breaches. But there's no reason to pay them individual reparations.

As for paying black descendants of slaves reparations, I oppose that too. How do we determine who is entitled? Who must pay? Alaska, where I currently live, and Ohio, where I grew up, did not allow slavery. Slavery was forbidden in both states' constitutions. Why should anyone now alive pay reparations? We don't impose punishment or laws for the sins of the fathers. And I oppose racial discrimination or favoritism, especially by government.

There's as much justification for paying reparations to the descendants of Asian immigrants, who were treated as virtual slaves and subjected to discriminatory laws.

I should get reparations too because my ancestors were serfs (virtual slaves) in Europe.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: rvsask] #7279118
06/03/21 11:25 PM
06/03/21 11:25 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by rvsask
Originally Posted by SJA

I agree, but the Catholic Church paying isn’t going to happen. Here they just discovered 215 dead First Nations kids in an unmarked burial ground at a Catholic Church ran Residential School adding to the already found 1000s. There will be more found, survivors have been saying for years they were hiding deaths as a result of their mistreatment. They were the foot soldiers of genocide and refuse to apologize for their involvement. They’re pitiful, and grossly wealthy I might add but that’s no secret.

Keep it in perspective.
They found a graveyard with 215 bodies.500+ kids a year at that school for near 70 years that works out to 2 to 3 kids dying a year at a time when both smallpox and Tuberculosis took a lot of native people.
There are lots of people in unmarked graves for any number of reasons-poverty being one.
I agree that there should be an investigation,but so far there is absolutely no proof that the kids in the graveyard were murdered.
If there is money involved(or reparations) people will jump to conclusions before any facts have been established.

That said,the native people were treated very badly for many years and any criminal wrongdoing should be addressed if proven.

Last edited by Boco; 06/03/21 11:39 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279124
06/03/21 11:33 PM
06/03/21 11:33 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

If any of the perpetrators are still around I say hunt them down and make them stand trial.

If the perpetrators are dead and you yourself have not had crimes committed against you, then I say quit looking for reasons to play victim. Victimhood is becoming the new American dream and it makes me wanna puke.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279279
06/04/21 10:15 AM
06/04/21 10:15 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Keep it in perspective.
They found a graveyard with 215 bodies.500+ kids a year at that school for near 70 years that works out to 2 to 3 kids dying a year at a time when both smallpox and Tuberculosis took a lot of native people.
There are lots of people in unmarked graves for any number of reasons-poverty being one.
I agree that there should be an investigation,but so far there is absolutely no proof that the kids in the graveyard were murdered.
If there is money involved(or reparations) people will jump to conclusions before any facts have been established.

That said,the native people were treated very badly for many years and any criminal wrongdoing should be addressed if proven.

Boco, I think I do have it in perspective and never said anyone was "murdered". I agree that a complete investigation must happen and know many factors, including disease could have taken 5 or even 50 kids a year. I know very well that media plays on the emotions of people and agree wholeheartedly that this story is doing that big time. However, this knowledge is not new as it has been discussed for years by survivors who saw their peers "vanish" amongst many other terrible things. What is fact is that the gov and the church was all in on cultural genocide and the fact of the matter is that the kids found were "hidden". It is no secret at all that many of the schools basically starved kids to death to save money. Families never learned of their death and they were hidden simply because that was better for Catholic Church funding in the whole mess. If $ is involved, much it should come from the Vatican, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) half the world's gold bars are in their vaults. But, "give to the poor". crazy

Last edited by rvsask; 06/04/21 10:18 AM.
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279282
06/04/21 10:35 AM
06/04/21 10:35 AM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
It's all about "Buying Votes"

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279297
06/04/21 11:05 AM
06/04/21 11:05 AM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
That bill was paid at places like Gettysburg and Antietam... 360,000+ dead union soldiers. And not to forget the ones who lived the rest of their lives minus a limb/limbs, eyesight, hearing.

You can argue the Civil War wasn't about slavery. And for the most part I'll agree... But hundreds of thousands of dead men lie in graves marked and unmarked and the result was a whole group of people freed from bondage.

And now they have the nerve to ask for money. Pathetic.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: Mike in A-town] #7279330
06/04/21 12:02 PM
06/04/21 12:02 PM
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Missouri
I wonder if they would except a case of Ne- Hi orange soda and a box of Moon Pies for reperations?

Re: Reparations to slaves/decendants [Re: beaverpeeler] #7279371
06/04/21 01:02 PM
06/04/21 01:02 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Call me a jerk but I wouldn't even offer that WT88. I say we quit rewarding the identify of victimhood and tell people to get off their lazy (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and go to work like everyone else if they are scared they are missing out.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread