No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279177
06/04/21 06:37 AM
06/04/21 06:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5,034
Texas
Mark June Offline
trapper
Mark June  Offline
trapper

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5,034
Texas
Interesting read y'all.
Marriage is a civil contract so the gubmint can say what it is or what it isn't at any time. We the people elected those who make the laws here in these United States, so that's question at hand.


Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host



Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Foxpaw] #7279180
06/04/21 06:46 AM
06/04/21 06:46 AM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,718
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,718
Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
[quote=loosegoose]

Well you were insinuating that if a woman is remarried and with kids then she is living in sin and the only way out is to get divorced and then what ? Her and the kids live on the street? You don't have a solution for that do you?
I know you are looking for a place to teach a lesson about allowing the gays marring in the church, then they can teach the kids in Sunday school and then worm their way into the pulpit. Alexander was great but he didn't end that way! Lesson=don't take short cuts.
So go a head and give the gay marriage thing another best shot. Just don't tie up a bunch of people with no escape in the process.



That's a strange thing to get out of what I've said, and not my point at all. Gay marriage and homosexual behavior is sinful, ive made that clear already. So is marriage after divorce. The point I'm trying to make is this......most people don't actually care about the sanctity and holiness of marriage, they just wanna eat on gay people. Homosexuality is gross. I get it. It's nasty. Nobody wants to think about two dudes rubbing mustaches. It's easy to shout about banning gay marriage under the guise of protecting marriage, but let's all be honest......it's really just an excuse to hate. If you all really cared about the sanctity and holiness of marriage, you'd be every bit as upset about the divorce and remarriage thing. But you're not. Instead, you're making every effort to twist what Jesus said, to find exceptions and excuses, and to flat out deny what He said. If you really cared about the sanctity and holiness of marriage, you'd understand that marriage is one man, one woman, for life, till death do you part. I apologize for seeming harsh. It bothers me to see Christians harp on one sin that's easy to harp on, while at the same time making every effort to excuse and dismiss and justify another related sin, just because one sin is easy to harp on, and the other isn't. If we really care about the holiness and sanctity of marriage, then let's act like it. Let's follow all of what the Bible teaches about marriage, not just the parts that are easy.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: J Staton] #7279181
06/04/21 06:47 AM
06/04/21 06:47 AM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,718
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,718
Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by J Staton
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Here guys. This explains the passage in Matthew 19 about divorce. It's long, but you'll understand it better.

http://www.bereanpatriot.com/what-jesus-meant-by-adultery-in-matthew-chapters-5-19/

Context of the statement is usually important but remember LG is trying to justify homosexual marriage. He got a confirmation from an unbeliever/lawyer James so it's settled. Lol.

Lol no. And you know I'm not. You're trying to twist the words of Jesus, and flat out deny what he said.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279188
06/04/21 06:56 AM
06/04/21 06:56 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,384
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,384
Arkansas
LG I just don't think you are putting into context Jesus' statements. Deuteronomy 24:1-4 would be the context of such a discussion. Pretty lenient for the grounds of divorce. You think maybe the Jews of the time used this leniency to legally put away this wife because he desires another?

Last edited by J Staton; 06/04/21 06:57 AM.

1 Samuel 17:45-47
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7279192
06/04/21 07:10 AM
06/04/21 07:10 AM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5,034
Texas
Mark June Offline
trapper
Mark June  Offline
trapper

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5,034
Texas
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
[quote=loosegoose]

Well you were insinuating that if a woman is remarried and with kids then she is living in sin and the only way out is to get divorced and then what ? Her and the kids live on the street? You don't have a solution for that do you?
I know you are looking for a place to teach a lesson about allowing the gays marring in the church, then they can teach the kids in Sunday school and then worm their way into the pulpit. Alexander was great but he didn't end that way! Lesson=don't take short cuts.
So go a head and give the gay marriage thing another best shot. Just don't tie up a bunch of people with no escape in the process.



That's a strange thing to get out of what I've said, and not my point at all. Gay marriage and homosexual behavior is sinful, ive made that clear already. So is marriage after divorce. The point I'm trying to make is this......most people don't actually care about the sanctity and holiness of marriage, they just wanna eat on gay people. Homosexuality is gross. I get it. It's nasty. Nobody wants to think about two dudes rubbing mustaches. It's easy to shout about banning gay marriage under the guise of protecting marriage, but let's all be honest......it's really just an excuse to hate. If you all really cared about the sanctity and holiness of marriage, you'd be every bit as upset about the divorce and remarriage thing. But you're not. Instead, you're making every effort to twist what Jesus said, to find exceptions and excuses, and to flat out deny what He said. If you really cared about the sanctity and holiness of marriage, you'd understand that marriage is one man, one woman, for life, till death do you part. I apologize for seeming harsh. It bothers me to see Christians harp on one sin that's easy to harp on, while at the same time making every effort to excuse and dismiss and justify another related sin, just because one sin is easy to harp on, and the other isn't. If we really care about the holiness and sanctity of marriage, then let's act like it. Let's follow all of what the Bible teaches about marriage, not just the parts that are easy.


Loosegoose is pretty close to the green. Genesis 2:24 is Scripture's guide about a man leaving his father and mother and being joined to one wife, and becoming one flesh.
Theology deeply debates the Matthew passage and always will. Believers should ask themselves why do they feel compelled to judge others while they themselves have been forgiven by Christ's Redeeming Work? Paul's writings were perfectly clear as to no longer acting as the unredeemed do.

Blessings,
Mark


Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host



Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279201
06/04/21 07:26 AM
06/04/21 07:26 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,384
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,384
Arkansas
Mark June I don't think believing in the biblical definition of marriage is judgmental. What a person does or does not do is between him/her and their Maker.
I try not to lean on my own understanding but often fail. I guess it really makes no sense to me that, for example, an abused wife divorces her abuser and then remarries is committing adultery. It just seems wrong and contradictory to the love of Christ. His ways are not my ways so as Posco mentioned I'll have to rely on Grace being sufficient.


1 Samuel 17:45-47
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: danny clifton] #7279209
06/04/21 07:55 AM
06/04/21 07:55 AM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 6,392
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 6,392
Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Truck driver I knew had been calling home for several days but no one was answering. ( before cell phhones) When he got there his young children were crying and laughing at the same time they were so glad to see him. Grabbing his legs making it difficult to move They had been eating dog food for three days. Scared to answer the phone cause they were young enough they would be in trouble for it. Mom was off on a meth bender. They didnt know where she was. Truck driver divorced her but I guess now that was sinful of him? The mom was murdered about 11 years later. So I guess now that she is dead the truck driver is no longer a sinner for running her off and getting on with his life?

That's a heartbreaking story.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279213
06/04/21 07:57 AM
06/04/21 07:57 AM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,248
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,248
Southern Illinois
One of the first steps in grooming is to desensitize the victim by justifying the action, even with a warped logic.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279232
06/04/21 08:41 AM
06/04/21 08:41 AM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,718
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,718
Beatrice, NE
I gotta be done with this debate. It's something.i feel passionately about, growing up in a 3rd marriage household that was bizarre to say the least. But I don't think we're all gonna agree completely, and it's.not worth alienating people over. Christ is king, salvation comes through faith and not works, and we can all agree on that I'm sure,so that's really the most important thing.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279244
06/04/21 08:57 AM
06/04/21 08:57 AM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,248
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,248
Southern Illinois
In this discussion while many things was discussed, yet we didn't get down to root of the problem. Some smarter than me have advocated that homosexual is not about sex, but about power.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: loosegoose] #7279257
06/04/21 09:17 AM
06/04/21 09:17 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,384
Arkansas
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,384
Arkansas
Originally Posted by loosegoose
I gotta be done with this debate. It's something.i feel passionately about, growing up in a 3rd marriage household that was bizarre to say the least. But I don't think we're all gonna agree completely, and it's.not worth alienating people over. Christ is king, salvation comes through faith and not works, and we can all agree on that I'm sure,so that's really the most important thing.

Dang LG I had another scenario to ask you about. Oh well as I said earlier James gave his insight so it's settled and you win. smile


1 Samuel 17:45-47
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Mark June] #7279375
06/04/21 01:08 PM
06/04/21 01:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 12,594
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 12,594
The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by Mark June

Believers should ask themselves why do they feel compelled to judge others while they themselves have been forgiven by Christ's Redeeming Work?
Mark


I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp but I am a much happier man and the best Librarian I can be when I remember this simple concept.


“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers


Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Foxpaw] #7279457
06/04/21 04:56 PM
06/04/21 04:56 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,188
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,188
Iowa
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
In this discussion while many things was discussed, yet we didn't get down to root of the problem. Some smarter than me have advocated that homosexual is not about sex, but about power.


Power over what? Do you know anyone that is gay?

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: trapdog1] #7279495
06/04/21 06:21 PM
06/04/21 06:21 PM
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,248
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,248
Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
In this discussion while many things was discussed, yet we didn't get down to root of the problem. Some smarter than me have advocated that homosexual is not about sex, but about power.


Power over what? Do you know anyone that is gay?


Power as in dominating their own sex. Yes I've known several over the years. I had two school teachers when I was in high school, one of which was always trying to get me to come to his house for a variety of jobs. I was smarter than that, even for a silly sophomore. I saw him about 20 years later at a sale where he was selling some equipment. He was dying from aids and looked like a skeleton. I felt nothing but sorry for him. We had one in one of our churches for 40 years that finally succumbed to disease. I knew one that was a brother of a friend that died from aids, in his last days his sister brought him to church and he repented of his sins before he died. That was in the days when no one knew much about how contagious HIV was and church attendance dropped about half during that 6 months or so, particularly the kids. My brother-in-law had a niece that had a lesbian partner. I met them at a 4th July party, she also had a 10 or 12 yr old son from a marriage. A year or so later his grandma died and he wore a wig and a dress to his grandmas funeral. His cousin sat 2 seats from him and didn't think he had attended until his uncle told him he was 2 seats from him. I knew of one that molested my 11 year nephew and his friend on a state park where they was fishing near their home. No body told me anything about it til the perv was in the pen. I was not a born again Christian in those days, so lucky for him and me. If that's not enough I can name some more.

Then if want some history, there was Queen Vashti that was the great-granddaughter of King Nebuchadnezzar II (both abusive) And of course the gays hero Alexander. Then the homo cultures such as the Spartans. There is way too much to go into, and I'm thinking you would lose interest, so I'll stop here.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279504
06/04/21 06:32 PM
06/04/21 06:32 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,188
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,188
Iowa
Interesting. Thanks for your response.

Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7279509
06/04/21 06:50 PM
06/04/21 06:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,850
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 20,850
williamsburg ks
I dont really understand homosexuality but I no longer think its a choice. It least most of the time and likely all the time.

Those of you who believe its always a choice, what harm do you perceive that choice causes others?


Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: J Staton] #7280832
06/06/21 04:20 PM
06/06/21 04:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5,034
Texas
Mark June Offline
trapper
Mark June  Offline
trapper

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 5,034
Texas
Originally Posted by J Staton
Mark June I don't think believing in the biblical definition of marriage is judgmental.


JS,
Agreed.
wink

If we're talking Genesis 2:24.
If we're talking about Matthew 19, scholars debate but I fall on the teachings of Jesus being; divorce is a man-made institution. It's not of Heaven.

Blessings!
Mark


Dallas Theological Seminary
https://www.dts.edu
https://www.markjuneslures.com/
Predator Trapping Academy Host



Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7280965
06/06/21 09:01 PM
06/06/21 09:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,661
Oklahoma
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,661
Oklahoma
I don't understand why so many people spend so much time and energy wound up about what other people are doing or not doing.

If a girl wants to marry another girl, who cares? People can have opinions but those opinions should stop short of telling other people how to live their lives.

I would think most of y'all are comfortable with God sorting it out in the end.


MOLON LABE
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Blaine County] #7281037
06/06/21 10:28 PM
06/06/21 10:28 PM
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,018
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,018
Ne pa
Originally Posted by Blaine County
I don't understand why so many people spend so much time and energy wound up about what other people are doing or not doing.

If a girl wants to marry another girl, who cares? People can have opinions but those opinions should stop short of telling other people how to live their lives.

I would think most of y'all are comfortable with God sorting it out in the end.


Come on man, they are the ones that are going to the 'promised land'. This is the religion that lets you into heaven after you have raped 100+ kids as long as you 'repent'. Should you be one that leads a good life, help everyone that you can and overall are a better person than most 'Christians', you are going to the bad place (if you didn't repent).

I am not living my life in the hope of the next one. I am going to live my one and only life the best way that I can. I do not need to be told what is right or wrong. I know this. I do what is right because it is right, not because I was told to do so. We all know what is right and wrong. Some (many) need something to lead them. I am glad there is this crutch for them.

FYI; I would fight to the end to defend Christianity (that is what our country was founded on). But there is no way there is a 'god' that would accept a baby raper but not a person that helped hundreds of people but did not 'believe'.

I feel bad for those that need religion to be good people, but, I am glad that it is there for them to be good people.


You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member 5-23-14
Re: Defense of marriage act [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #7281067
06/06/21 11:44 PM
06/06/21 11:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,823
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,823
minnesota
I don't understand why so many people spend so much time and energy wound up about what other people are doing or not doing.
Is int that why so many people become so concerned why so many spend so much time concerned why others are doing?.....you see

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread