No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282852
06/09/21 11:47 PM
06/09/21 11:47 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Don't worry about it. I didn't know I could write in tongues either. LOL.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: Kansas Cat] #7282855
06/09/21 11:52 PM
06/09/21 11:52 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Don't worry about it. I didn't know I could write in tongues either. LOL.

... now them postales got it figured out... get drunk without anyone noticing .. go to hollerin and gyrating around while playing with snakes ... if that don’t inherited the earth and give you a seat at the throne... I don’t know what will

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282860
06/10/21 12:00 AM
06/10/21 12:00 AM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Pshaw. That happened at the bar I was at last Friday. I didn't hear anything about inheriting land or getting new furniture but the two bouncers that helped me out the door said I could come back in a week if I promised not to behave like that again.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282904
06/10/21 04:55 AM
06/10/21 04:55 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
so do i need to set up the auction? send an inventory of what your going to sell, general delivery willamsburg ks

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282932
06/10/21 06:59 AM
06/10/21 06:59 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

If Israel, as a government, wants to ban fur or Pepsi or chewing gum, that's their prerogative.
How'd this thread turn to religious and especially to Christianity?

That'd be like asking me why a hippo walked by my coyote sets.
My answer; "Well, I'll be."

Savell, God established the covenant with Abraham and only a foolish person says God of Holy Scripture doesn't keep His promises.
When we fog a mirror, God's pneuma (breath) is our blessing.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282940
06/10/21 07:16 AM
06/10/21 07:16 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Mark, it got turned religious the same way it does when you do it. Send me that inventory list and lets get this auction going

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282948
06/10/21 07:28 AM
06/10/21 07:28 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I disagree sir. I comment on the way I live my life and the lens on my perspective, not a negative Nelly jab like happened in this thread.
I don't disparage as my way of philosophical insight on subjects.

In fact, I'd ask, "Why bother to comment if someone only has a disparaging comment?"
That's not someone's life lens. That's called mockery.

Why is there an auction?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: Savell] #7282956
06/10/21 07:43 AM
06/10/21 07:43 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Savell
Jews and Muslims are the same Semitic bunch.. I have no idea why Christians show favor to Jews ? ... could one of y’all theologians explain that to me please... the Muslims believe the Old Testament... the Jews believe the Old Testament... Muslims profit is Mohammad... Jews either have no profit or believe he hasn’t come yet?... either way both are blasphemous to the New Testament.. not to mention the Jews killed Jesus as heartless as Eastwood did ol Greely in Unforgiven lol

(I personally believe Semitic religion has been manipulated and used to make we of European heritage vulnerable and weak)

... here’s a coyote

[Linked Image]

The Jews are Gods holy people, and still are. Jesus himself was a Jew, and if they hadn't killed.him they way they did, there wouldn't be a Christian religion. Jesus had to die that death for the forgiveness of our sins. The Jews were supposed to accept Jesus as messiah, and some did (that's how the early church was started....both Jews and gentiles turned to Jesus). Most of the Jews, though, missed the boat so to speak, and didn't accept Jesus despite all the words of their prophets pointing to Jesus. So, despite being Gods holy people, Jews that don't accept salvation in Christ face the same fate as anyone else who doesn't accept salvation in Christ.

As far as what Israel the country does, that's their business.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7282988
06/10/21 08:33 AM
06/10/21 08:33 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
loosegoose- I thought God's chosen people were the Israelites? the Jews are sub-set of two of the tribes (Judea and Benjamin) that ended up being called "Jews" later. Neither Judea or Benjamin were the "birthrite" tribe. This Stephen Collins guy has written some thought provoking books, almost totally ignored by the modern academic scholars (I wonder why?). Most of us may have more Semitic ancestry in us than we know, even Savell! A lot of things can move around a lot in 3,000 years.

https://stevenmcollins.com/

P.S. Ever heard of the Parthian empire, a rival of Rome for over 300 years...? I hadn't and I have two degrees in history. Interesting how things get filtered out...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: ] #7283004
06/10/21 08:47 AM
06/10/21 08:47 AM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mark June
If Israel, as a government, wants to ban fur or Pepsi or chewing gum, that's their prerogative.
How'd this thread turn to religious and especially to Christianity?

That'd be like asking me why a hippo walked by my coyote sets.
My answer; "Well, I'll be."

Savell, God established the covenant with Abraham and only a foolish person says God of Holy Scripture doesn't keep His promises.
When we fog a mirror, God's pneuma (breath) is our blessing.

Blessings,
Mark

Mark--my point was where are the pro-Israel at any cost Tman members? They generally pop up on threads about the Israeli government to chant their support and demand that the US pay for it. The basis for the chants and demands is typically grounded in their religious beliefs. A few of them, including one above who hates yard work, calls people anti Semitic if they do not blindly support Israel.

I just want people to be consistent.

By the way, trapping and most hunting is illegal in Israel too. Israeli gun control makes Canada look a 2A sanctuary.

So, come on out to play blind supporters of Israel. Try and support Israel banning fur.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283061
06/10/21 10:54 AM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
I have always been pro Israel, but this is a very stupid move. Many people in the fur industry here in the U.S. are Jewish. To me this is just another example of certain people shoving their opinion down the throats of everyone else. As has been mentioned kosher methods of slaughter are not necessarily humane. I believe God put animals on the earth for man's use, but not abuse.I'm a trapper and I kill animals in a humane manner.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283062
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Wonder how open carry would work out in Israel? Just saying...

Also, although I'm not a Christian I see eye to eye with Mark's take on this. No need to mock someone's faith.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: beaverpeeler] #7283063
06/10/21 11:07 AM
06/10/21 11:07 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Wonder how open carry would work out in Israel? Just saying...

Also, although I'm not a Christian I see eye to eye with Mark's take on this. No need to mock someone's faith.

To be clear, I am not mocking. People can support Israel all they want. They can send personal checks and fly the Israeli flag as far as I'm concerned.

But many Israeli supporters here in the U.S. demand that our country support them on every issue and that we pay for it--because of religious reasons. I just want to know if they are going to support the fur ban (and gun control and hunting restrictions) with the same enthusiasm.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283065
06/10/21 11:16 AM
06/10/21 11:16 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Who are the people who would support a fur ban...by anyone? PETA nuts maybe?

People on here don't support Cali. and hardly any of their nutty ideas, but if they are attacked I bet all would support defending them.

Last edited by hippie; 06/10/21 11:19 AM.
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: hippie] #7283068
06/10/21 11:22 AM
06/10/21 11:22 AM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

PETA is indeed supporting Israel on their decision.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283072
06/10/21 11:31 AM
06/10/21 11:31 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I am always reminded of the times when Israel would get out of line and God would use their enemies to get them back on course. So I'm always asking myself; when they are in a conflict is this one of those times or the grand finale ?

As far as the fur trading thing. They always taught their girls it was better to marry into the perfume trade or a trader of spices than a tanner, for obvious reasons I guess. So maybe they will start promoting those trades more. Although the tanner would sometimes disguise himself as a perfume maker, especially when taking a wife.

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283129
06/10/21 12:34 PM
06/10/21 12:34 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Here is a copy and paste portion of the link about the history of Jews and the hide and fur trade:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/leather-industry-trade

BOHEMIA AND MORAVIA

Buying hides from the local noblemen was one of the main tasks of the Jews, as stipulated in the charters on which their protection was based; purchasing the skins of small animals from peasants and from butchers was an important side line. Jews also imported and exported hides. At the end of the 16th century, Marcus *Meisel was granted the monopoly of the leather trade in Prague (Bondy-Dworsky, no. 1068). In 1629 the gentile tanners of *Tachov included a clause in their charter forbidding any of their number to finish hides for Jews because the Jewish leather trade was undercutting the tanners. When the Jews were expelled from *Litomerice in 1541, one man had to be allowed to remain because he alone was capable of supplying hides and tanning bark to the tanners (H. Ankert, in: H. Gold, Juden und Judengemeinden Boehmens, 1934). In Prague in 1729 there were 70 Jewish hide and leather merchants. The Jews who settled in Kremsier ( *Kromeriz ) in 1670 after their expulsion from Vienna were permitted to deal in "various crude and finished leather" ( *Frankl-Gruen , Kremsier, 1 (1896), 109). Leather and hide merchants frequented the large fairs, mainly the one at Breslau (Wroclaw), which was a center for the import of hides from Eastern Europe.

Jews were also active in tanning itself; since it was one of the trades outside guild control it was open to Jews, and after the Thirty Years' War tanneries became one of the most important Jewish economic outlets. When the Moravian guilds protested against the renewal of Jewish privileges in 1659, one of their arguments was the claim that the methods of tanning employed by the Jews were unsatisfactory (W. Mueller, Urkundliche Beitraege (1905), 27–28). Jews were permitted to settle as tanners in localities otherwise forbidden to them. Most of the tanneries were the property of the local nobleman and were leased to the Jewish randar (see *Arenda ), who was sometimes not a tanner himself but the employer of one. However, some Jews had their own tanneries. In *Polna the community as such leased the tannery from the municipality (1681) and in *Kolin the community bought the tannery (1724; R. Kestenberg-Gladstein, in: JJS, 6 (1955), 35–49). The council of Moravian Jewry issued several ordinances concerning the leather industry: it forbade the attempt to gain a monopoly on buying hides and other merchandise from a local nobleman (I. Heilperin, Takkanot… (1963), 83, no. 250), yet in another ordinance (ibid., 150, no. 449) it forbade anyone to buy in a locality where someone else had a monopoly by the terms of his contract with the local nobleman. It was considered the duty of the *Landrabbiner to protect Moravian Jews from the competition of buyers from other districts (ibid., 285, no. 485). The council did not hold tanners (nor butchers) in high esteem: in 1709 it ruled that they could be members of the council only if they also held public office in their home community.

Early in the 17th century the Hapsburg rulers, true to their mercantilist policies, were interested in encouraging tanning. A survey that they carried out in Moravia in 1719 revealed that there were two tanneries owned by Jews and 79 leased by Jews from local noblemen; six of them employed one gentile laborer each; the lease of 13 of these tanneries was connected with the lease of a distillery; only ten tanneries in Moravia were run by gentiles (V. Zacek, in: JGGJČ, 5 (1933), 175–97). In Bohemia in 1724 there were 80 Jewish tanners and furriers (grouped together under one heading) and 26 tanneries were leased to Jews; 252 Jews were occupied in the leather industry; 146 were hide and leather merchants, and 106 were engaged in tanning (R. Kestenberg-Gladstein, in: Zion, 9 (1944), 17; 12 (1946/47), 49–65, 160–89, and passim). In the 18th century tanning and trading in leather were often connected. One specialty of the Jewish leather trade in Moravia was the kid trousers which, finished and colored in various ways, were an important feature of the peasants' national costume (B. Heilig, in: JGGJČ, 3 (1931), 373). The tanners were the first craftsmen in the Hapsburg Empire who were permitted to hire open salesrooms (Verkaufsgewoelbe) in Vienna (1781). This offered several Jews the opportunity to settle there.

These tanneries continued to flourish in the 19th century, and when new chemical methods were introduced many of them became important factories, as in *Golcuv Jenikov and *Kosova Hora (Amschelberg). Jews also founded new factories where no tanneries had existed before: e.g., in *Pilsen where the first factory producing Moroccan-style leather was established in 1829 and in *Brno where a factory producing French-style leather was founded in 1846. More than 20 of the leather factories in Bohemia in 1863 were run by Jews, and a large part of their export trade was with the United States. Leather production remained a Jewish craft for many years. After chromium tanning was introduced (1884) Jewish factories led the move to modernization. Between the two world wars Jewish firms played an important role in the production and export of leather goods (Jews of Czechoslovakia, 1 (1968), 419–81)

Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: warrior] #7283131
06/10/21 12:36 PM
06/10/21 12:36 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Well, if gods chosen people are agin it,. all you Christians need to start selling your equipment. Maybe have one big central auction here in KS. I could set it up no problem.

New covenant. Arise, Kill, Eat

You're talking over the heads of non-Christians.

I don't care how nice the hand soap smells, you should never walk out of the restroom sniffing your fingers.
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283146
06/10/21 12:53 PM
06/10/21 12:53 PM
Star City Arkansas
Owen Offline
trapper
Owen  Offline
trapper

Star City Arkansas
Kind of ironic that the people who started the wearing of fur are first to ban it.

Old enough to know better, but dumb enough to still try.
Re: Isreal Bans Fur - First Country to Do So [Re: nyhuntfish] #7283227
06/10/21 02:46 PM
06/10/21 02:46 PM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
The cool thing is, God is a big boy, he doesn’t need for me to prove that he exists or to explain why things are.

For all the nay sayers, you’ll have all your answers someday, hopefully before its too late. But again that’s on you.

Whether or not the Jewish people like fur makes no difference to me and in reality I couldn’t care less.

I do what I do because it’s what I do. I see no need to ask permission.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread