No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7283149
06/10/21 12:58 PM
06/10/21 12:58 PM
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

NY
It goes both ways...it fries me when you go to the parts store with the year, make, model, etc (all the details they should need) and the person behind the counter pulls and gives you the wrong part

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Rat_Pack] #7283186
06/10/21 01:46 PM
06/10/21 01:46 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
It goes both ways...it fries me when you go to the parts store with the year, make, model, etc (all the details they should need) and the person behind the counter pulls and gives you the wrong part

For decades I have drove right past the big box auto parts store for that exact reason on my way to a mom and pop place. If I do have to hit a chain store I stick to Napa with good luck.

Wolfie- don't take no crap off these guys- at least half of them are in the none too smart category I mentioned LOL

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7283191
06/10/21 01:51 PM
06/10/21 01:51 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
LOL, the 50% rule.... cool

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: beeman] #7283244
06/10/21 03:23 PM
06/10/21 03:23 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by beeman
People probably do this because it hasn’t occurred to them that there are hundreds of different sizes of belts. Unless this is your first week working at the lawn mower store maybe it is time you changed your job. It sounds like your patience to serve your customers has run out.

Applied for my TWIC Monday and I'm applying for my barge job as soon as i get it in the mail cool btw never said I don't help , usually just trying into 30min of convincing them to call somone to see if they can walk out side and read the model number off the side of the mower which is really all I need.

I need a new mower blade
Ok what mower do you have ma'am?
It's a riding mower
Ok, but what is the model ? Do you happen to have a picture of it ? Could you possibly call somk e to go out and read off the make and model?
O I don't know, why would I need a picture?
Well if you had a picture I could probably see the make and model number on it, did you buy it here ?
Yes last year
Ok sweet what color is it ?
Red and black
Ok so it's probably a Craftsman
Zero turn or just a regular looking one ?
O it's just the regular kind
Ok * looks though the book and sees there's still about four different mower it could be based off of that"
Ma'am could you call some to walk out and read off the model number real quick for me ? I've narrowed it down to 4 mowers but they almost all have different belts.
Well it's hot and my son probably won't want to go out side to check you know can't you just give me one ? Shouldn't you know ?
*5min worth of explanation*
Well I still think you should know it's your job after all, I drove all the way from the next town over and I don't wanna have to do it again
*Finally calls her son*
It's a Craftsman T100
Ok thank you * flips though the little book finds the belt code ,get one off the self and hands it to her*
*Proceeds to complain about the belt costing $30 instead of $15*

And that was a pretty condensed version. Idk I think I have a pretty good bit of patience

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7283388
06/10/21 07:58 PM
06/10/21 07:58 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Then there's the other side ...

[Linked Image]

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7283417
06/10/21 08:40 PM
06/10/21 08:40 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

It's a 2019 Binford 6100!

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7283509
06/10/21 11:01 PM
06/10/21 11:01 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
You could have asked him if its a Hoyt-Clagwell tractor, not to be confused with Inferior tractors (they come with the 3 point hitch).
Y'all need to Google Green Acres to truly appreciate the context.

Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #7283532
06/10/21 11:49 PM
06/10/21 11:49 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Why to people come into a store and say something along the lines of " I need a lawn mower belt" and then look at you like you have three heads when you ask for the make and model. Like eveyone of these people have a $800+ smart phone with very nice cameras and it never seems to cross their mind to take a picture of the old belt or the machine or what ever. crazy

My favorite reply to that was always "Well, I bought it here, don't you even know what size belts the mowers you sell use?"

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: beeman] #7283536
06/10/21 11:57 PM
06/10/21 11:57 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by beeman
People probably do this because it hasn’t occurred to them that there are hundreds of different sizes of belts. Unless this is your first week working at the lawn mower store maybe it is time you changed your job. It sounds like your patience to serve your customers has run out.

Really? It sounds as if you have obviously never worked in retail. It doesn't matter how much he wants to help them, or how much he enjoys helping them, or if he jumps out of bed each morning thrilled by the prospect of being able to help customers find belts for their mowers. If they DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF MOWER THEY OWN.... he can't help them. And many of them, once they realize they do not have all the info they need, immediately try to turn it into the salesperson's fault! If my husband sends me into a part store to get a part for a truck, and when they ask me questions I realize I don't know all the needed info, I simply tell them I don't know...and then either go call my husband, or come back later. I DON'T tell them that they're incompetent morons because they can't magically know what part I need, when I myself don't know. But yet that's exactly what about 50% of customers do in this situation. Telling wolfdog he needs a different job because he's venting on the internet about the complete and utter stupidity of much of the general public makes me wonder if you're one of those types of people he's complaining about.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Why do people do this ? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7284164
06/11/21 09:48 PM
06/11/21 09:48 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Really? It sounds as if you have obviously never worked in retail. It doesn't matter how much he wants to help them, or how much he enjoys helping them, or if he jumps out of bed each morning thrilled by the prospect of being able to help customers find belts for their mowers. If they DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF MOWER THEY OWN.... he can't help them. And many of them, once they realize they do not have all the info they need, immediately try to turn it into the salesperson's fault! If my husband sends me into a part store to get a part for a truck, and when they ask me questions I realize I don't know all the needed info, I simply tell them I don't know...and then either go call my husband, or come back later. I DON'T tell them that they're incompetent morons because they can't magically know what part I need, when I myself don't know. But yet that's exactly what about 50% of customers do in this situation. Telling wolfdog he needs a different job because he's venting on the internet about the complete and utter stupidity of much of the general public makes me wonder if you're one of those types of people he's complaining about.

BINGO right there.
I felt the same sentiment as you, but could not conjure up an acceptable response like yours without half of my words being curse words.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread