No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Trapper7] #7283136
06/10/21 12:45 PM
06/10/21 12:45 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher

So next thing you'll say is we don't need a weapon in church too right? Sadly mass shooting occur in Walmart's churches grocery stores or where ever else people gather. Since we shouldn't live in fear maybe we should bury our heads in the sand as well right bud?

I carry a handgun to church every time.

Our pastor is from Texas. Once when the issue came up about parishioners and guns, he said, we should want our churchgoers to carry guns to church. He may carry one himself, I don't know. He doesn't advertise it if he does.

With the way things are going I anticipate churches becoming more of a target for the unhinged left. I think it was just last Sunday as I was sitting in church, I wondered about how I would respond to someone coming in with evil intent on their mind. I don't carry in church though I'm not opposed to it.

I traveled to Alaska to do some work for an old missionary/pastor friend of mine. After the work was done I took a few days to travel about my old haunts for nostalgia sake. The pastor gave me a handgun to protect myself in my travels. I'm convinced he would take a bullet and die if it meant he could witness to someone about Christ. He didn't want me taking a bullet without a fight. The fleshly side of me would want to go out blazing to protect myself or those I cared about. If I had time to think about it, maybe I'd take the bullet like my pastor friend if it meant losing my life. My current pastor thinks there will be martyrs in this country before things are done. I'm inclined to agree. We're not fighting just flesh and blood, the battle is in the spiritual realm.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Posco] #7283139
06/10/21 12:48 PM
06/10/21 12:48 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Posco
Federalist 46

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprizes of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.

Why was your election stolen then and no one did anything with their truckload of machine guns?
Either you dont really believe your election was a fraud,or your so called 2nd right is nothing more than a priviledge.

By the way-the most restrictive gun laws have never kept a freedom fighter from getting or using weaponry if the people have the balls to fight.

Lots of you live in fantasyland.

Last edited by Boco; 06/10/21 12:53 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Boco] #7283141
06/10/21 12:51 PM
06/10/21 12:51 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Boco
Federalist 46

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprizes of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.

Why was your election stolen then and no one did anything with their truckload of machine guns?

No, we're waiting for sufficient provocation. You have no understanding of the American patriotic mindset.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Boco] #7283144
06/10/21 12:53 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline OP
trapper
warrior  Offline OP
trapper

Georgia
Federalist 46

I hate to say it but I begrudgingly agree. Our states have by and large surrendered their sovereignity at the altar of federal cash. Even our local county and city governments have been coopted by federal money in many cases at odds with their own states. We have been truly divided and conquered.

[Linked Image]
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283145
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Ottawa doesn't care about you guys living on the frontier. You're an afterthought.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283147
06/10/21 12:57 PM
06/10/21 12:57 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by warrior

I hate to say it but I begrudgingly agree. Our states have by and large surrendered their sovereignity at the altar of federal cash. Even our local county and city governments have been coopted by federal money in many cases at odds with their own states. We have been truly divided and conquered.

I think we're ultimately going to lose the war. Every day steps are being taken, surreptitiously, to weaken our sovereignty. It's not limited to us, it's global in scope. We're not fighting flesh and blood, those guys are mere puppets.

Last edited by Posco; 06/10/21 01:05 PM. Reason: Poor proofreader I am.
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283622
06/11/21 07:09 AM
06/11/21 07:09 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by warrior
Let me clarify the differences as embodied in the Second Amendment. Something most on both sides of the border fail to understand.

But let me back up with this opening phrase, We believe that all men are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights.

Note the bold, 2A guarantees nothing nor grants anything it merely recognizes and prohibits any intrusion upon something all free men are born with.

You see we Americans believe to the core of our being that every soul that draws breath has independent and innate sovereignity as given by the Supreme authority. That belief extends to all of mankind, even canucks. All legitimate governance is a compact made between sovereigns and serve but one purpose to preserve the liberty of the individual.

The British Imperial system, and others, long ago replaced that with Divine Right that emplaced all sovereignity in a sovereign. The effect of which is that most of the world's populace have never recognized and accepted their sacred birthright even as the obvious devolution of Devine Right waned.

It is truly sad to see sentient beings without the spark and spirit of their Creator in them.

Very well written, this should be the end of the discussion. I hope Boco and company read this and take it to heart, and quit trying to defend their oppressors.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Boco] #7283663
06/11/21 09:03 AM
06/11/21 09:03 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Federalist 46

Either you dont really believe your election was a fraud,or your so called 2nd right is nothing more than a priviledge.

By the way-the most restrictive gun laws have never kept a freedom fighter from getting or using weaponry if the people have the balls to fight.

I must of missed the big uprising after they banned all of those guns up there. LOL

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283720
06/11/21 10:01 AM
06/11/21 10:01 AM
saskatchewan canada
K
kingrat Offline
trapper
kingrat  Offline
trapper
K

saskatchewan canada
We've been threw this a million times already. Different countries,different people,different laws. Let's move on.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Law Dog] #7283888
06/11/21 03:06 PM
06/11/21 03:06 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
I must of missed big uprising after they banned all of those guns up there. LOL

There didn't have to be an uprising, because nobody paid attention... lol

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283897
06/11/21 03:23 PM
06/11/21 03:23 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
There is no uprising-I still have all my guns.You guys are gobbling up the fake news again,lol.
Our gun laws for the most part are good common sense,with the exception of a few dumb ones that dont really affect 99% of people who use guns in Canada.

Last edited by Boco; 06/11/21 03:24 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283910
06/11/21 03:47 PM
06/11/21 03:47 PM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
And the results are, can’t speak for Canada , but in the USA, gun laws have done little to stop gun crimes. In NY State with its strict gun laws, the vast majority of criminals incarcerated here who used a gun committing their crime, have had the gun charge pleaded down. My son in law is a corrections officer and he has access to inmates arrest and conviction records, and it proves my statement.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Boco] #7283974
06/11/21 06:04 PM
06/11/21 06:04 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
-I still have all my guns.

All that means is the only thing you own is a single shot shotgun,,and you can own it,,you just cant take it out of your closet or have any ammo for it.BBBWWWaaahahahahahaaha PAKISTANADA freedom right there.You keep not answereing my question about the FREE Canada land citezens on quarantine.The Man Queen let them free yet?? grin

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: upstateNY] #7283988
06/11/21 06:15 PM
06/11/21 06:15 PM
Labrador, Canada
C
crosspatch Offline
trapper
crosspatch  Offline
trapper
C

Labrador, Canada
Originally Posted by upstateNY
-I still have all my guns.

All that means is the only thing you own is a single shot shotgun,,and you can own it,,you just cant take it out of your closet or have any ammo for it.BBBWWWaaahahahahahaaha PAKISTANADA freedom right there.You keep not answereing my question about the FREE Canada land citezens on quarantine.The Man Queen let them free yet?? grin

What did I miss here about not being able to take our guns out or have ammo for them? I got a dozen rifles and shotguns. Pump, bolt and single shot. No semis cause I don't like them in the cold. I take them out whenever I want and don't need anyone's permission for it. Got tons of ammo too. My guns are tools for putting plenty of wild meat on the table and trapping. We eat wild meat and fish most every day of the week and once a week is all the factory farm meat gets on our table and would be less except the wife like pork chops and chicken.

Am concerned for the future though as urbanites dominate the vote and they think guns are bad.

Last edited by crosspatch; 06/11/21 06:21 PM.
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Trapper7] #7283993
06/11/21 06:24 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Trapper7
[/quote]
I carry a handgun to church every time.

Our pastor is from Texas. Once when the issue came up about parishioners and guns, he said, we should want our churchgoers to carry guns to church. He may carry one himself, I don't know. He doesn't advertise it if he does.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7283994
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Looks to me like Canadians don't want any guns they can't have.

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: Rat Masterson] #7284002
06/11/21 06:36 PM
06/11/21 06:36 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Looks to me like Canadians don't want any guns they can't have.

All them guns the Man Queen says we cant have,,I didn't want one anyhow. Yea right,,,BWAhahahaaa

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7284034
06/11/21 07:31 PM
06/11/21 07:31 PM
Minnesota
trapperlee Offline
trapper
trapperlee  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Had to really try to remember my log in to post again-

Anyway- so suppressors, thermal, ar 15's none of that are important or wanted by Canadians?

What are the laws you guys have?

How long does it take to buy one?

Do you have limits on ammo or anything?

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: warrior] #7284036
06/11/21 07:34 PM
06/11/21 07:34 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
I'm guessing there's a national registry of gunowners, too...

Re: Canadian gun laws, y'all guys are screwed. [Re: kingrat] #7284045
06/11/21 07:45 PM
06/11/21 07:45 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by kingrat
We've been threw this a million times already. Different countries,different people,different laws. Let's move on.

X2. I agree.

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread