No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Looking for a camera for wildlife pictures #7285905
06/14/21 12:33 AM
06/14/21 12:33 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline OP
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline OP
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
One that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and not too complicated but will take half decent pictures with a zoom lenses. Any suggestions. It has been 20 years since I purchased a camera other than my phone or iPad camera. So I am not up on the latest technology.

Re: Looking for a camera for wildlife pictures [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7285987
06/14/21 07:16 AM
06/14/21 07:16 AM
SD
T
Tray Offline
"Wilson Jr."
Tray  Offline
"Wilson Jr."
T

SD
I started with a Nikon P900 which had the most zoom of any point and shoot camera on the market at the time, I think the newest model is the P1000 which has even more reach. Very easy camera to operate. Would highly recommend the camera.

Re: Looking for a camera for wildlife pictures [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7285990
06/14/21 07:18 AM
06/14/21 07:18 AM
Goldsboro, NC
John C Offline
trapper
John C  Offline
trapper

Goldsboro, NC
I'm in the same boat. After our trip to Costa Rica I've realized the limitations of iphone cameras. At the advice of a good friend of mine who is now retired and has time to focus on astronomy and photography(two of his favorite hobbies) I'm looking at Olympus. The entry level OMD cameras are lightweight and will do everything I want. Olympus cameras are 4/3 frame instead of full frame cameras. They are light weight and the lenses are very light for the quality and function compared to Nikon or Cannon full frame cameras. Norm likes to say a camera(and telescope) thats lightweight and easy to use are the ones that get used the most.

More Cowbell
Re: Looking for a camera for wildlife pictures [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7286166
06/14/21 11:34 AM
06/14/21 11:34 AM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
I am a canon guy and any of the mid range canon DSL’s will fill your needs not to mention the large variety of available lenses, that being said if your serious about photography I would highly recommend the canon 7D, it’s easy to use and set up and will probably outlast you, I used one at a job at a theme park and some of those cameras had close to and some had over a million shutter clicks on them and were still going strong

Don’t overlook the used market, if you have a dedicated camera shop around I would go in and talk to them, here we have National Camera Exchange and their a great place to browse and get your questions answered and pick up good used equipment for a good price

Lots of people buy a good camera then use it a time or two then it sits around gathering dust till they decide to sell it for cheap because they don’t use it

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread