No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: Wanna Be] #7286898
06/15/21 09:28 AM
06/15/21 09:28 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Great pics! Do you use the spray and pray method on moving targets? Just ask because that’s what my buddy called it shooting pics of ducks taking off, flying, and landing. Well that and retrievers. Even got lucky and made a few magazine covers.

I'm far from a pro of any kind with the camera really just a tweeb. What I found worked best for me with the jets coming in so fast. I had my ear muffs with com in them. I set it to the FM station they were using to broad cast to the people who actually paid to be out on Airport for the show.. So I knew which direction the main show event was was coming from north or south. The sky was so clear was hard to focus the camera. So I picked a spot on the shore line/ horizon where knew the planes were coming from focus the camera on that. Then as planes came into view I could get them in view finder and make my adjustments. And yes it did become pretty much down to click as fast as I could. I did find that if I could get the plane to look shiny to shoot. Then I seemed to get the best focused photo's..I tried shooting some with my smaller point and shoot and my phone. Sun was so bright couldn't see the screen and when did get pic even with the planes that close. Just wasn't the same..
My sister who is a true pro with her camera's. Camera I'm using is a hand me down from her.. She has some very nice sharp pic of the jets. Make mine look like what they are taken by an armature...
:-)
Her and her husband were right up center field on Airport show grounds.. Her big thing to photograph is birds of Prey.. She has thousands of picture much like Johnathan who used to be here had. He shot lots waterfowl my sisters thing is more the birds of prey.. Which I guess you could say the jets are.. My brother in-law her husband was AirForce MP in his early days before came county LEO. So they have watch air show all around state over years.
Anyway I see some of my pics didn't just pop up on first post maybe took to much space?? But I can get them open here so don't have to click them.
Oh and a person for sure needed hearing protection where we were. Really any where with in mile or so of airport. I'm guessing Moosetrot got his house rattled more than couple times..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mac

Last edited by Macthediver; 06/15/21 09:31 AM.

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: Macthediver] #7286920
06/15/21 09:56 AM
06/15/21 09:56 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
You did good! I wasn’t knocking in any way. I just remember asking my buddy how he got such great pics and he said “Spray and pray!” He may get 75 pics of one duck and have 2 decent pics…then it’s editing time, lol.

Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: AirportTrapper] #7286928
06/15/21 10:20 AM
06/15/21 10:20 AM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline
trapper

Montana
Originally Posted by AirportTrapper
The blue angel pilots are all navy and 1 marine
Don’t forget the pilot of “Fat Albert,” the C-130. He or she is a Marine also. I think the latest was a female.

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: Macthediver] #7286931
06/15/21 10:27 AM
06/15/21 10:27 AM
Montana
USMC47 🦫 Offline
trapper
USMC47 🦫  Offline
trapper

Montana
Nice pictures.

If anyone hasn’t seen a show, it’s very much worth it. It’s more than planes just flying around.

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.

www.derricks-nm.com
Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: Macthediver] #7286957
06/15/21 11:14 AM
06/15/21 11:14 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Great pictures thank you for sharing

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: USMC47 🦫] #7287189
06/15/21 07:38 PM
06/15/21 07:38 PM
Louisiana
AirportTrapper Offline
trapper
AirportTrapper  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
Originally Posted by AirportTrapper
The blue angel pilots are all navy and 1 marine
Don’t forget the pilot of “Fat Albert,” the C-130. He or she is a Marine also. I think the latest was a female.

Pretty much the entire crew of Albert is marines. I was able to spend a few hours talking with them. Great people.

If it makes a track on this earth , I can catch it.
Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: Wanna Be] #7287533
06/16/21 08:34 AM
06/16/21 08:34 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
You did good! I wasn’t knocking in any way. I just remember asking my buddy how he got such great pics and he said “Spray and pray!” He may get 75 pics of one duck and have 2 decent pics…then it’s editing time, lol.

Wanna Be
I knew you wasn't knocking..and yes it really is spray and pray as you said. At least for me LOL.. I played paint ball with some young guys that couldn't survive even with a lack of fire control LMAO! So very familiar with the term :-)
I was out there on lake for about 5 hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Air show was around 4 hours.. I didn't just shoot the Blue Angel's they were just the head liners. In that 4 hours I shot over 500 pictures both days Saturday & Sunday and most were of the Angels.. But I actually had a harder time with a jet that flew by it's self with a female pilot. I think they said it was a F18 Raptor? There was also an F16 that flew by it self I didn't do well with. Those two did a lot of after burner stuff came by fast and were hard to get in the view finder. I did manage a few shot that turned out.. Like you said it was spray and pray.. LOL of the 500 some photo's I shot. I didn't keep count but believe I had at least 1/3rd was just hit delete nothing but blurry mess. I don't do photo shop or any thing like that to touch up a photo even a bit. Could if knew how to use it..
Anyway I'm not as easily offended as some here might think. I even consider pointers on things if I think it will help what I'm doing.

This is the Raptor that gave me fits, glow in the rear of the dot is with after burner.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This guy I think is the F16? first jet to fly Sunday and I could not get on him.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here are some of the other planes that few people might like to see that were much easier to photograph..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This guy actually started out his show clowning like he had stolen the plane. Was lowest and closes any of the planes few over water.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mac

Re: Blue Angels.. Pic/Heavy [Re: Macthediver] #7287639
06/16/21 11:45 AM
06/16/21 11:45 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I forgot to mention earlier. One the younger guys I used to work with and did couple bear hunts with.. He was nominated and earned a ride in back seat of their two seat PR plane. Said was ride of a life time was gins ear to ear. Real happy with his self for not puking or passing out. Couldn't happened for a nicer guy.

Mac

Last edited by Macthediver; 06/16/21 11:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread