No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6188599
03/15/18 06:18 PM
03/15/18 06:18 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
jbyrd, why would anyone have reason to take discriminatory action against someone from Kentucky, because they're from Kentucky? Don't make accusations against someone, unless you have more than your hurt feelings as an offering of proof. That's what I'm trying to say.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: cfowler] #6188663
03/15/18 07:22 PM
03/15/18 07:22 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: cfowler
jbyrd, why would anyone have reason to take discriminatory action against someone from Kentucky, because they're from Kentucky? Don't make accusations against someone, unless you have more than your hurt feelings as an offering of proof. That's what I'm trying to say.

It took several days before anyone from the WVTA ever answered or commented to this thread.I don't think that would have happened if not for me PERSONALLY e-mail the association like I told guys we needed to do. Plus It seemed that his was the only fur that was "labeled".

No my feelings aren't hurt . Why would they be? Was he the ONLY guy from Ky to sell there . If so then he was singled out!! If not he was still singled out . They explained why his was labeled and tried to explain why he got shafted. SO let us recap. HIS fur was only one on their printed ticket labeled Kentucky. HIS fur was practically given away WE all agree. His point was to warn OTHER KY trappers to stay away based on what happened to the ONLY FUR LABELED KENTUCKY...
At the time he posted this the only reason he could think that it was basically stolen was because of it being from KY.

12345 if I have read this wrong please feel free to correct me......

I PROMISE it won't hurt my feeling s LOL LOL

Last edited by jbyrd63; 03/15/18 07:23 PM.
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Hal] #6188668
03/15/18 07:25 PM
03/15/18 07:25 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted By: Hal
Originally Posted By: Boco
I would like to hear an answer to wissmiss question,which was,how much other green fur sold at this sale and what were the results\prices\avg.
Was all other green fur discounted to near worthless,or only some.Or was there no intrest in green fur and it was all let go to the first offer just to move it?

Pay attention.

Yes to the part and only one labeled Kentucky

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6188729
03/15/18 07:57 PM
03/15/18 07:57 PM
Sugar Grove, WV
J
JTfromWV Offline
trapper
JTfromWV  Offline
trapper
J

Sugar Grove, WV
Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Originally Posted By: cfowler

It took several days before anyone from the WVTA ever answered or commented to this thread.I don't think that would have happened if not for me PERSONALLY e-mail the association like I told guys we needed to do. Plus It seemed that his was the only fur that was "labeled".

No my feelings aren't hurt . Why would they be? Was he the ONLY guy from Ky to sell there . If so then he was singled out!! If not he was still singled out . They explained why his was labeled and tried to explain why he got shafted. SO let us recap. HIS fur was only one on their printed ticket labeled Kentucky. HIS fur was practically given away WE all agree. His point was to warn OTHER KY

trappers to stay away based on what happened to the ONLY FUR LABELED KENTUCKY...
At the time he posted this the only reason he could think that it was basically stolen was because of it being from KY.

12345 if I have read this wrong please feel free to correct me......

I PROMISE it won't hurt my feeling s LOL LOL

It took me 5 hours to respond. Not days. Sorry my job got in the way. I will make you a deal. You buy a WV fur buyers license and come to our auction next year and buy at least 1 lot of fur and I will reimburse you for the price of the license.

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6188929
03/15/18 10:36 PM
03/15/18 10:36 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Jt my bad. But answer me this and I'm done with this. Why was his the only fur labeled Ky ? There may be a very good reason. You yourself
said there was other sellers from ky and ohio. You claim it is for the cats only . BUT IT WAS WRITTEN ALL KY. PLUS if You guys keep the same policies I MIGHT DO IT sit back and get a GREAT deal on some Ky fur.... Does the green fur always sell last . I wouldn't want to waste money on rooms if I can slide in at the last of the last day and get some great deals..............

Last edited by jbyrd63; 03/15/18 10:38 PM.
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Jan-WV] #6188948
03/15/18 11:02 PM
03/15/18 11:02 PM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Originally Posted By: Jan-WV
Hopefully, I can shed a little bit of light on part of this situation. I am one of the 3 WVTA graders, and I am the one who consigned all the green fur, including Lot 308, on Sunday morning. One of the first things I said was that I wished this trapper's green fur had been put up. The trapper replied he had no place to dry his fur this year. Told the trapper I wished he gotten in touch with Randy Cantrell, as he could have probably helped. (Randy and others from KY have sold their finished fur through our auctions in the past years). It is my writing on the consignment sheet, I wrote 'Kentucky' because I was reminding myself to be sure to type KY: on the buyer's sheet. (I also do the sale printout and calculations that go with each seller's check). The reason I wrote 'Kentucky' was because the bobcats had Kentucky CITES seals. (Our DNR is present to seal every cat, and it was also noted for their benefit as well). With our finished fur, cats sealed in a state other than WV is always placed in separate lots. As JT mentioned, we had finished cats from PA in the sale this year. In year's past, we've had plenty of KY cats sold through the finished fur. Our finished fur is sold in graded lots. We graded this year from 8am to about 8pm both Friday and Saturday. Each consignor may withdraw his fur if he feels he has received a grade he is not happy with. Once the fur is hung into the lot, it goes to the highest bidder. We had 17 buyers at the March sale. (For those who don't understand our auction, that means your XXXL 1 & 2 coon are put into a lot with everyone else's XXXL 1 & 2 coon and the buyer purchases the entire lot). With green fur (which is consigned on Sunday morning prior to the auction), the fur is not graded, and simply listed as a count of each item. We also note on the sheet if the item is on the carcass as well. Unfortunately, there were only a couple of buyers present who were interested in the green fur, and there was a huge amount of it this year. (We always encourage everyone to put up their fur to receive the best possible prices). I admit, I was surprised at the low price this lot went for, because I thought the cats alone would sell the lot (no, I don't remember how big the cats were, as I consigned 448 pieces of fur that morning). Two of our graders also have their fur buyer's license, but we are prohibited from purchasing fur through the WVTA auction. Regarding the beaver castor -- our grades are Semi-Dry, Dry, Wet, and Castor with Oil Sacs. We don't normally get enough castor at our sale to begin grading them into #1, #2, etc. The WVTA currently does not have a 'no sale' option with the green fur. In fact, very few people who consign green fur attend the auction. I didn't reply to this post earlier because I just heard about it this morning. And no, I don't believe the fact that the cats were sealed in Kentucky had anything to do with the price. In past years, the finished Kentucky cats have always sold as well as cats sealed in other states. I am sorry that this buyer received so little for his green fur, but I'm more sorry that he is urging everyone not to consign fur through our auctions because of the price he received for green fur. Historically speaking, the WVTA auctions have shown higher prices per volume that many states (finished fur). And regarding the averages posted on our website -- yes, I did that as well. I calculate only the finished fur and the prices they brought to provide the average/high/low prices. Green fur is not calculated because we have no way of knowing an average when all that seller's fur is sold as one lot.

jbyrd, here is the explanation given for the KY notation on the sales sheet. A very reasonable explanation. It was on page 7 of this thread. Since this explanation had been given, I couldn't understand why anyone would continue the "they did him wrong cause he's from Kentucky". Perhaps you didn't see this. Also, it wasn't your feelings I was referring to. The OP's feelings and disappointments started the thread. I was trying to point out the accusations he made, and seemed to want to continue, were based on these emotions, not facts. I believe those involved with the auction have been pretty detailed in their explanations. They're getting dumped on because some trapper ain't happy with what he sold his fur for.

~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6189011
03/16/18 12:56 AM
03/16/18 12:56 AM
Franklin county, Indiana
Hillbilly910 Offline
trapper
Hillbilly910  Offline
trapper

Franklin county, Indiana
Are your local fur auctioneers, licensed? I can provide that fair and legal service...
Wernt a shot, but truth... it's my business, perhaps, me and my crew could make current fur sales more fair?

I asked once, who was the legal auctioneer...nothing.

I can change that, you in charge of sales, good, bad or in different, look me up, it's my business.
I auction everything, fur don't scare me.

God created all men, but Sammuel Colt made all men equal
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: harleydparts] #6189133
03/16/18 08:01 AM
03/16/18 08:01 AM
east TN, USA
harleydparts Offline
trapper
harleydparts  Offline
trapper

east TN, USA

I should have explained why I posted this link, I wasn't insinuating this was the buyer, I was posting it to show what fur buyers in the area are willing to pay for green fur. Coyotes, coon & beaver - zero value! Not wanted. 3 cats -(assuming large size) $69, 3 average muskrats- $6. Total - $75. Now if it was me & I had to take and finish all the fur in that lot, most of which I didn't want and didn't feel it was worth my time to finish I would have throw out a $25 bid and hoped someone else bid $30!

Not as bad as I could be, not as good as I should be.
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6189144
03/16/18 08:20 AM
03/16/18 08:20 AM
WV
J
Jan-WV Offline
trapper
Jan-WV  Offline
trapper
J

WV
Our auctioneer was Emmit Allen, licensed auctioneer in the state of WV.

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: jbyrd63] #6189170
03/16/18 08:46 AM
03/16/18 08:46 AM
WV
J
Jan-WV Offline
trapper
Jan-WV  Offline
trapper
J

WV
I think you are missing the point. The word Kentucky written across the lotting ticket and then actually printed on the PRINTED sheet !! Made him and LOTS of other people think it was discrimination against Ky trappers. His original post was to warn Ky people to stay away. Can you blame him.

I tried to explain earlier that KY was written on the sheet because the bobcats were sealed in Kentucky. We always make note of the state in which bobcats were sealed. The consignor who had Pennsylvania bobcats had PA written across his sheet as well. Prior to the auction, I explain to the auctioneer about all the abbreviations and he makes written notes on his auction sheet so everyone knows what's being sold.

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Jan-WV] #6189182
03/16/18 09:06 AM
03/16/18 09:06 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
I think you are missing the point. The word Kentucky written across the lotting ticket and then actually printed on the PRINTED sheet !! Made him and LOTS of other people think it was discrimination against Ky trappers. His original post was to warn Ky people to stay away. Can you blame him.

I tried to explain earlier that KY was written on the sheet because the bobcats were sealed in Kentucky. We always make note of the state in which bobcats were sealed. The consignor who had Pennsylvania bobcats had PA written across his sheet as well. Prior to the auction, I explain to the auctioneer about all the abbreviations and he makes written notes on his auction sheet so everyone knows what's being sold.

Yes we heard that .. But then why wasn't PA on the printed sheet .THAT was the last clue in drawing the conclusion that he was singled out. THATS all we are saying...............

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6189193
03/16/18 09:15 AM
03/16/18 09:15 AM
WV
J
Jan-WV Offline
trapper
Jan-WV  Offline
trapper
J

WV
PA was printed on the sheet.

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6189291
03/16/18 10:30 AM
03/16/18 10:30 AM
Blue Creek, Ohio
Hal Offline
"old windy fartbag"
Hal  Offline
"old windy fartbag"

Blue Creek, Ohio
Originally Posted By: Trapper123456
Haha! Good one Hal, thank you for the cheese. The baby pic? Wow! Did you come up with that or did Miz help you out? That was also a dandy. You sure have a way with trying to come up with some entertaining post. No doubt it gives many folks enjoyment. If you could have put some of that witty humor in your bland dvd's maybe they would have been more popular. I frequent another website and folks can't even sell them at a super cheap price. Some of your posts are pretty funny though. How is your website doing? Is it still a slow as a turtle crossing the four lane?

smile smile smile Whines the man trying to do taxidermy in his bathroom.

Originally Posted By: Trapper123456
I am doing skull mounts at my home. I also tan hides inside my home. When I say in my home I mean in the kitchen and bathroom.

I hope at least to rise above the level of a s***house taxidermist.

Struck a nerve didn't I?

Crybaby.

[Linked Image]
La pervenche est une tr�s belle couleur!!

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Jan-WV] #6189294
03/16/18 10:32 AM
03/16/18 10:32 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
PA was printed on the sheet.

Thanks for posting this . The pic posted earlier only showed Ky on the sheet.
Based on your responses and professional manner that you have handled this subject. I would like to apologize to YOU personally. I am quick to criticize people but I also try to give kudos where they are needed. This was a case of a perfect storm in a crappy outcome.

At first glance it would seem why it happened but you have done a remarkable job in shining the light from your point of view.
Thanks and I truly offer my apology

JEFF BYRD

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6189305
03/16/18 10:37 AM
03/16/18 10:37 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
jbyrd THANK YOU for being a stand-up fella! Set a GREAT example there!

~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #6189328
03/16/18 10:53 AM
03/16/18 10:53 AM
WV
J
Jan-WV Offline
trapper
Jan-WV  Offline
trapper
J

WV
Thank you, Jeff. Apology accepted. There were 6 sheets total for the sale. smile

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #7013629
10/10/20 11:14 AM
10/10/20 11:14 AM
Ky
Monkey Offline
trapper
Monkey  Offline
trapper

Ky
Hi I’m Vice President of fur takers here in ky. I organize our etown sale. I’m trying to figure out How to post pics on here of our numbers. That is crazy the prices you got.

traveling man square deals always
Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Hal] #7288742
06/18/21 12:50 AM
06/18/21 12:50 AM
Ky
S
Slicktreedog Offline
trapper
Slicktreedog  Offline
trapper
S

Ky
Originally Posted by Hal
Originally Posted by Trapper123456
Haha! Good one Hal, thank you for the cheese. The baby pic? Wow! Did you come up with that or did Miz help you out? That was also a dandy. You sure have a way with trying to come up with some entertaining post. No doubt it gives many folks enjoyment. If you could have put some of that witty humor in your bland dvd's maybe they would have been more popular. I frequent another website and folks can't even sell them at a super cheap price. Some of your posts are pretty funny though. How is your website doing? Is it still a slow as a turtle crossing the four lane?

smile smile smile Whines the man trying to do taxidermy in his bathroom.

Originally Posted by Trapper123456
I am doing skull mounts at my home. I also tan hides inside my home. When I say in my home I mean in the kitchen and bathroom.

I hope at least to rise above the level of a s***house taxidermist.

Struck a nerve didn't I?

[Linked Image]

Crybaby.

Coming across an old post- this is just a shame. I remember from my childhood reading articles written by this man. Making personal attacks against someone who said nothing foul against him? Well done

Re: Attention Ky trappers!!! [Re: Trapper123456] #7288753
06/18/21 01:40 AM
06/18/21 01:40 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
[Linked Image]

Insert profound nonsense here
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10