No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Confirm my suspicions on covid #7291329
06/21/21 11:06 PM
06/21/21 11:06 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Its official I tested positive or covid.

On my week off I was more tired than normal butvatributed that to the rain. Spent a day at a them park,got sun burned and really sore from all the stairs for water slides with the kids. The next morning I got a couple stings from my bees. So I figured I was nor feeling wel becuse of being burnt, oug o shape and bee stings. Call in for one day figured I would be good the next day.

The next day still felt bad not supper bad just not well enough to go to work. So went to after hours place for dr slip. They tested me for flu and that was positive. They gave me a slip for work for 6 days and I went home.

Discovered I had no since of taste or smell. Bact go doc for covid test. 3 mor days off tell test came back.

Test is positive so will be missing 11 more days of work.

So to the point of this post. I have flu b and covid. I have had much worse flu by its self. Covid is infact massively over blown.

I saw it when my in laws had it both high risk and when my mother that was recovering from double mastectomy on chemotherapy and radiation both while she hat it at 60 years old. Now I'm experiencing in for myself.

Also the rest of my family wife and 3 kids have had a mild illness and recovered. But saw no need to go the the Dr. I did only for work excuses.

Fun fact the drs office nor health department neither one called me to tell me about my positive results. I called the doctor to see about getting an appointment concerning nerve damage issued I'm having. But mentioned they probably would nor see me tell my covid test results were back. I got tested at an in network after hrs provider. She checked but results were not back yet. I called back 4 hrs later she checked and results were back.

Covid must no longer be important when they don't bother to even call you with your positive results. The testing office nor anyone else has yet to contact me. As far as they know I have not been notified yet.

Bunch of blown smoke for people willing to live in fear.

Edit; wow looks like a 2nd grader wrote this. But instead of correcting it I think I will head to bed.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/21/21 11:51 PM.
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291375
06/22/21 01:01 AM
06/22/21 01:01 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Keep us posted on how the symptoms progress.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291383
06/22/21 03:13 AM
06/22/21 03:13 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Hope you feel better soon

You say Covid is massively overblown and a bunch of blown smoke fom people willing to live in fear. I'm glad your symptoms are mild so far. I have had family die from it. Hope this is as bad as your symptoms get. Take care

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291400
06/22/21 05:30 AM
06/22/21 05:30 AM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
hits hard on some, others not.

had a 59 year old sister-in-law die from its complications.

I'm about same age and had it. what I tell people is: while I don't recommend it, I've been far sicker in the past.

hope you stay on the good side of it.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291409
06/22/21 06:11 AM
06/22/21 06:11 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Just because it is mild for you and yours, dosent mean it hasn't devastated many families lives besides yours.

Be Great full.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291474
06/22/21 08:24 AM
06/22/21 08:24 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
For the people who died of Covid, I believe the average of other comorbidities present is 2.9.

Now as orange man is gone doctors might actually be allowed to treat patients with covid nor instead of telling them to stay home until they're almost dead.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Turtledale] #7291475
06/22/21 08:25 AM
06/22/21 08:25 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Turtledale

You say Covid is massively overblown and a bunch of blown smoke fom people willing to live in fear. I'm glad your symptoms are mild so far. I have had family die from it. Hope this is as bad as your symptoms get. Take care

Did they from covid or did covid compound compound with other issues? Also could the treatment they were given made them worse?

My stance isn't so much that no one will die from it but it's a political motivated money and power grab thatscway over blown.

You don't quarantine healthy people, and the government shouldn't be able to say what business can operate.
For having caused over 500k extra deaths last year. Its amazing to me that depending on where you get the numbers the death count was not much higher than the year before or even less. That despite our aging population and increasing lack of health and exercise.

People die every day. More people fired or will die from how the government handled it than will have from covid. House know the people that could not get their preventative care and now will die. Those depressed and made worse by isolation , unemployment, or them having to shut down their business that will never reopen.

It's always bigger if you chose to look beyond what's being spoon feed to the masses.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291537
06/22/21 09:46 AM
06/22/21 09:46 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
Not saying people have not died from covid. They have.

However doctors and hospitals are also motivated by money. Covid is an easy boogey man to pin death on for a grieving family member in this time in history. Then hospital bean counters can recover the money lost on delayed non essential treatments and procedures.

But to believe 600k people died from covid is a lie. To believe the flu, for all intent and purposes, DISAPPEARED, is a lie. To omit discussing other prophylaxis is a lie. To omit discussing natural immunity is a lie.

Omission of the prophylaxis is one that infuriates me. Think of the lives that could have been saved. Truly evil people suppressed this information.

When things don't pass the smell test, follow the money.

Very sorry for anyone who lost a loved one in this time. Sincere condolences.

I agree with what bowhunter said but I also think Covid-19 was just a test run for the next one to see how people would react. I think that they screwed up because they have used up much of people's acceptance of what we will put up. They should have modified the plan and gone for broke because next time they will have a fight on their hands. Most entities of "authority" have been badly damaged with the covid response. Next time there will be millions who will actively resist such authority. Good luck to them...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291540
06/22/21 09:50 AM
06/22/21 09:50 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Covid is a very interesting thing. It has killed a few that live around me and some live. My mom and dad and daughter had it, my daughter had it at Christmas and mom and dad had it a month ago or so. My daughter only lost her smell nothing else not sick or anything. I didn't even catch it and I was sure I would. My mom i figured was going to die she has all kinds of allergies and high blood pressure and lung problems she never got that sick neither did dad he said he felt fine till he got to thinking about haven covid then would feel bad. My mom had it for about 6 day before she decided to get tested she thought it was allergies, she should have infected everyone, my sister even had been drinking after her. But only dad and mom had it. There is a reason why some die and some don't. But I think we will never know why.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291545
06/22/21 09:58 AM
06/22/21 09:58 AM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
Not blown smoke. Global pandemic. New disease. No antibodies anywhere in the world as of 6/1/2019. It kills people. I'm not advocating for anything that was done one way or the other but we're 1.5yrs into this thing and they are figuring it out. I wouldn't judge your current providers actions today vs a year ago as anything but having gained valuable experience with a new disease. Hope it clears quickly for you.

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291552
06/22/21 10:07 AM
06/22/21 10:07 AM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

On my week off I was more tired than normal butvatributed that to the rain. Spent a day at a them park,got sun burned and really sore from all the stairs for water slides with the kids. The next morning I got a couple stings from my bees. So I figured I was nor feeling wel becuse of being burnt, oug o shape and bee stings. Call in for one day figured I would be good the next day.

The next day still felt bad not supper bad just not well enough to go to work. So went to after hours place for dr slip. They tested me for flu and that was positive. They gave me a slip for work for 6 days and I went home.

Discovered I had no since of taste or smell. Bact go doc for covid test. 3 mor days off tell test came back.

So to the point of this post. I have flu b and covid. I have had much worse flu by its self. Covid is infact massively over blown.

I saw it when my in laws had it both high risk and when my mother that was recovering from double mastectomy on chemotherapy and radiation both while she hat it at 60 years old. Now I'm experiencing in for myself.

Also the rest of my family wife and 3 kids have had a mild illness and recovered. But saw no need to go the the Dr. I did only for work excuses.

Fun fact the drs office nor health department neither one called me to tell me about my positive results. I called the doctor to see about getting an appointment concerning nerve damage issued I'm having. But mentioned they probably would nor see me tell my covid test results were back. I got tested at an in network after hrs provider. She checked but results were not back yet. I called back 4 hrs later she checked and results were back.

Covid must no longer be important when they don't bother to even call you with your positive results. The testing office nor anyone else has yet to contact me. As far as they know I have not been notified yet.

Edit; wow looks like a 2nd grader wrote this. But instead of correcting it I think I will head to bed.

Do you need your sense of taste and smell for work?

Cold as ice!
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Jurassic Park] #7291566
06/22/21 10:29 AM
06/22/21 10:29 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Do you need your sense of taste and smell for work?
l

No and it has all ready returned. It Was gone around 3 days. Maybe it will go away again maybe it's back for good?
I could stand it to be gone this morning. My kids over salted my eggs when they cooked this morning. Is a little rough getting them down but I'm darn sure doing my best to do it smiling. I just hoping there are not any left and they offer 2nds.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291603
06/22/21 11:10 AM
06/22/21 11:10 AM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Have you spent weeks on a breathing tube? Hope not.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291654
06/22/21 12:37 PM
06/22/21 12:37 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Weird range of responses for sure:
Sister and brother in law both had it both 70+
Sister under going cancer treatment so compromised immune system. They both experienced classic symptoms,
Extremely tired, loss of taste and smell. Couple weeks recovery for both with mild lingering after effects.
Friend of mine has two sons mid to late thirties, both active no known co-morbidity. One contracts co19 three days from onset of symptoms and into hospital two days after that, deceased age thirty eight.
I personally think that there were at least two different strains from the get go.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291667
06/22/21 01:07 PM
06/22/21 01:07 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
If you believe the conspiracy theorist it was designed to kill off “soldier” age males more so than anyone else.
Two good things from Covid for me were: getting 14 paid days off to trap, and I still can’t smell stink. I can smell sweet, but anything that stinks (dog farts, my farts, skunk, dead rotting flesh,etc) I can’t smell!

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Wanna Be] #7291671
06/22/21 01:13 PM
06/22/21 01:13 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
If you believe the conspiracy theorist it was designed to kill off “soldier” age males more so than anyone else.
Two good things from Covid for me were: getting 14 paid days off to trap, and I still can’t smell stink. I can smell sweet, but anything that stinks (dog farts, my farts, skunk, dead rotting flesh,etc) I can’t smell!

I never heard that one.

No Jab.
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Wanna Be] #7291677
06/22/21 01:28 PM
06/22/21 01:28 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

That would be a fail for them. The more plausible and hardly shocking theory is that it was created to kill off China's elderly population as we know how much they dont mind killing off large swaths of their own.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291695
06/22/21 02:09 PM
06/22/21 02:09 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Originally Posted by Turtledale

Did they from covid or did covid compound compound with other issues? Also could the treatment they were given made them worse?

My stance isn't so much that no one will die from it but it's a political motivated money and power grab thatscway over blown.

You don't quarantine healthy people, and the government shouldn't be able to say what business can operate.
For having caused over 500k extra deaths last year. Its amazing to me that depending on where you get the numbers the death count was not much higher than the year before or even less. That despite our aging population and increasing lack of health and exercise.

People die every day. More people fired or will die from how the government handled it than will have from covid. House know the people that could not get their preventative care and now will die. Those depressed and made worse by isolation , unemployment, or them having to shut down their business that will never reopen.

It's always bigger if you chose to look beyond what's being spoon feed to the masses.

One died that was healthy as an ox. Felt bad one day two days later in the hospital. Maybe another week and a half and passed. The other hung on for a month but had COPD.

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291779
06/22/21 04:50 PM
06/22/21 04:50 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Online content
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Online Content
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
I just returned from my semi-annual checkup where masking is required. When I told my physician that I had received the J&J vaccine in March he said that I could remove my mask. He said that he had been vaccinated too. He recommended that all of his patients be vaccinated. Alabama has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Overall,1,563,573 people or 31% of Alabama's population has been fully vaccinated.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7291789
06/22/21 05:16 PM
06/22/21 05:16 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Over 600,000 Americans have died from that "overblown" disease, and many more have continuing problems from it. I'm amazed that the Gov has to kiss Heiney and give away Lotto tickets and ball game seats and BEG those morons in to save their own lives, and that of their friends/family.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread