No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Compliments can go a long way and only take a min #7291585
06/22/21 10:52 AM
06/22/21 10:52 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
After having trouble getting out new van into the dealer for services for 2 weeks I called a dealer just about the same distance just in another direction. Low and behold they got me in the same day.

When I got there they were so happy and friendly I did a double take and the place was the cleanest I have been in in my life. You could eat off the floor.

So the next morning I called the owner at another one of his 6 dealerships. I got his voice mail and left him a message about the great people he had working for him, how friendly, prompt, and clean his place was along with an extra compliment for my sales guy. Keep in mind I have never been there before. People tend to be quick to complain but few take the time to complement.

I had hoped it may make someone's day and figured that was the end of it but hoped such a great place would get some reconnection.

Well apparently the owner got that voicemail quickly becuse I received a call requesting an email and was told to watch for one in the next few days.

Apparently they just happened to be having meetings that morning about customer services topics. I was told it was good timing.

I have no idea why they wanted my email but it looks like that great sales team may get some reconnection and they sure deserve it.

I did learn a little about Mr Jones the owner from the receptionist that called me. He started his first dealership in 83 now has 6. He built it from scratch and still the last to leave in the evening. You know a hard working American like the ones whom built this country. We sure could use more men and women like that today.

Make the effort to smile and be friendly even if you not in the mood and take the time to pay a compliment now and then. It cost you nothing but could have a great effect on others and you may never even realize it.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/22/21 10:54 AM. Reason: Auto correct makes a mess
Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291596
06/22/21 11:04 AM
06/22/21 11:04 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
I do the same when a salesperson or whatever gives exceptional customer service or goes well out of their way to ensure that I am a satisfied user of their goods or services. Before I leave I ask to see the Manager, which is usually met with the "deer in the headlights" look. When the Manager arrives I compliment the employee and relate my experience, telling the Manager I will be a returning customer solely because of the exceptional service I had received from that particular employee.

Seems to make e everyone's day a little brighter...even me.

Moosetrot

Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291622
06/22/21 11:27 AM
06/22/21 11:27 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Way to go, Providence farm.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Moosetrot] #7291626
06/22/21 11:34 AM
06/22/21 11:34 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I do the same when a salesperson or whatever gives exceptional customer service or goes well out of their way to ensure that I am a satisfied user of their goods or services. Before I leave I ask to see the Manager, which is usually met with the "deer in the headlights" look. When the Manager arrives I compliment the employee and relate my experience, telling the Manager I will be a returning customer solely because of the exceptional service I had received from that particular employee.

Seems to make e everyone's day a little brighter...even me.

Moosetrot

I've done this as well. Being in business myself I see it as helping each other out. If I get good service or experience something that makes me more likely to continue doing business I want to tell them to keep doing good.

[Linked Image]
Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291631
06/22/21 11:44 AM
06/22/21 11:44 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Online content
trapper
Wanna Be  Online Content
trapper
W

SW Georgia
When we went to NM to turkey hunt this past Spring we stopped in a little place to buy our license. The two guys in there were top notch, I mean very nice and knowledgeable. Before I left I went to the front to talk to who I thought was the manager and it turns out the one I had been dealing with was the manager. I thanked them both and got a number to their corporate office. Each one of us called in compliments before we left the parking lot. I called first and my som called next. The lady taking the “reports” said aren’t you the same person that just called and he explained there was three of us and as soon as he was done our buddy would be calling in.
I really hope those guys got some sort of recognition because they sure deserved it.

Last edited by Wanna Be; 06/22/21 11:45 AM.
Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291638
06/22/21 11:59 AM
06/22/21 11:59 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Good post.

In the winter we have had some nasty snowstorms and the highway from my place to work can get pretty dicey. But, the snowplow crew that takes care of keeping the road open does a great job.

Last winter, I called the shop that takes care of the road and asked to talk to the supervisor that was in charge of my stretch of highway.
When he got on the line, I asked him if he was in charge of my area of highway for snow removal? I could tell his mood was going to be pretty negative when I asked the question and he answered, "Yeh, that's me."

I said, "Well, I want you to know that you have an amazing crew the way they keep that stretch of highway open and I want to thank you for the great job you guys do!"

His whole attitude changed. He thanked me several times and said I was the first person in a long time who had made a nice call like that. Usually, it was just the opposite and he would pass my call on to his men.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291643
06/22/21 12:05 PM
06/22/21 12:05 PM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline
trapper
swift4me  Offline
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
I agree and usually make the extra effort to thank folks for small things that most take for granted.

I learned after a long time in retail, that if somebody has a bad experience with your business they'll tell it to at least twenty people. If they have a great experience they'll tell it to one or two.

Pete

Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291660
06/22/21 12:51 PM
06/22/21 12:51 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Great job guys.
I like leaving compliments or a fat tip when the person is great. If I call into a call center I tell them a compliment and to make sure their manager knows.

Whenever I deal with customers I always strive to give a great experience. Can't count the number of recognitions I have recieved throughout working.

Funny story, when i started in health insurance the department had biweekly performance review. Management including executives were perplexed that my calls took long but I always got at least a few compliments every week. I explained I made sure each customer knew exactly what the issue was, how it's being fixed and clarified any questions or concerns the member had. If that meant I spent an hr on the phone with a member so be it. Executives were so impressed overall it lead me to great promotions.

All that to say your compliments might lead to greater and better things for the employee.

Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291845
06/22/21 07:29 PM
06/22/21 07:29 PM
MT
S
Slick Pan Offline
trapper
Slick Pan  Offline
trapper
S

MT
I have called many times and complimented the company or employee about their service or help they provided me. Its the right thing to do. I have also called and chewed some butt if they have screwed up. Feels much better to offer a compliment that the other way around. I am old school and always say please and thank you when dealing with others. I find it offensive when I spend money some where and they never offer a thank you. I have been know to put those people on the spot!

Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7291931
06/22/21 09:28 PM
06/22/21 09:28 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Great thread. People that deserve compliments rarely get them.

Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Trapper7] #7291933
06/22/21 09:33 PM
06/22/21 09:33 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Good post.

In the winter we have had some nasty snowstorms and the highway from my place to work can get pretty dicey. But, the snowplow crew that takes care of keeping the road open does a great job.

Last winter, I called the shop that takes care of the road and asked to talk to the supervisor that was in charge of my stretch of highway.
When he got on the line, I asked him if he was in charge of my area of highway for snow removal? I could tell his mood was going to be pretty negative when I asked the question and he answered, "Yeh, that's me."

I said, "Well, I want you to know that you have an amazing crew the way they keep that stretch of highway open and I want to thank you for the great job you guys do!"

His whole attitude changed. He thanked me several times and said I was the first person in a long time who had made a nice call like that. Usually, it was just the opposite and he would pass my call on to his men.

Nice , way to go.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Compliments can go a long way and only take a min [Re: Providence Farm] #7292113
06/23/21 07:28 AM
06/23/21 07:28 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
great post , i do the same thing when service is good I always let owner [manger] know

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread