No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7292438
06/23/21 07:02 PM
06/23/21 07:02 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I thought the plural noun "morons" was an interesting term for fellow humans like me.

And I really don't want the gubmint personnel kissing my hind end, giving me lotto tickets, or free anything.
Because us morons aren't stupid.
We're just morons.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7292479
06/23/21 08:22 PM
06/23/21 08:22 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Speaking of death, my grandmother who died while my mother was pregnant with me told my mother we all have a number. God knows the number and it is God's choice when that number comes up.. When Mom was on her death bed, we spoke of many things but that never came up. I have often wondered why. I agree Mark, we are a society that hates death. Intellectually, we all know that everything that lives must die, yet, as you say, we are ambivalent about death. Maybe it is because we don't get to choose the time or place.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: ] #7292497
06/23/21 08:54 PM
06/23/21 08:54 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
[quote=Mark June]I thought the plural noun "morons" was an interesting term for fellow humans like me.

Very close to mormons.Alphabetically speaking of course.

Last edited by Boco; 06/23/21 08:55 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Kansas Cat] #7292551
06/23/21 10:17 PM
06/23/21 10:17 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Speaking of death, my grandmother who died while my mother was pregnant with me told my mother we all have a number. God knows the number and it is God's choice when that number comes up.. When Mom was on her death bed, we spoke of many things but that never came up. I have often wondered why. I agree Mark, we are a society that hates death. Intellectually, we all know that everything that lives must die, yet, as you say, we are ambivalent about death. Maybe it is because we don't get to choose the time or place.

We don't like black or white and I'm not talking ethnicity. I mean we are a culture of "grey."
We can be ambivalent = grey > about good and evil (black and white) and moral and immoral (black and white) for example but death is the ultimate black and white. It alone has the final, final say and as a culture we may be uncomfortable with the fact that we can't get another degree, pick out another self-help book, pay more money, skate around the issue, drink it off, make peace not war, or text a friend who can prohibit the end of our time on earth. We are at death's mercy so maybe in that discomfort we feel a bit helpless because as friends and family we're a wealthy nation and we're super duper at giving advice, invited or otherwise. But death doesn't really care about who/what/where/how as much as the black and white of it all.

I've been with eight grieving families this past week and five of those families said the dying loved one was a Christian (we ask out of respect as we prepare for the "what comes next" after the hospital), yet fascinating to me is the fact that all eight families specifically asked for prayers precisely as their loved one was experiencing grave circumstances. Are we more spiritual when you strip away all else? Who can say, but there is a circumstance I witness when death is at a door that suggests that if in fact we were just globs of intelligent amoebas, evolved through the millions of years to where we are today, why would death change the person's deep thinking? Wouldn't day one look like the last day to an evolved amoeba?

The mystery is fascinating, is it not.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7292617
06/24/21 12:28 AM
06/24/21 12:28 AM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Gravestones cheer the living. They are no use to the dead. Yes, the mystery is fascinating. Even more interesting, to me at least, is that we may all know "the answer" some day.

Last edited by Kansas Cat; 06/24/21 12:33 AM.
Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7292676
06/24/21 07:35 AM
06/24/21 07:35 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Agreed Kansas Cat. Covid is just another grey among the black and white. Why do some try and put it in the same category as death. It can be a cause or a contributing cause of death but it's tiresome to see the spears come out over what is not death.

Covid is not death. Death is death.
And the vaccine, in some people's thinking, seems to be a mystical magical way to thwart death and so far, of the folks I've seen on their final bed, I don't observe a whole bunch of lifestyle changes going on. Same old unhealthy habits (according to modern medicine) with a Covid injection for a quick fix.
There is no such thing.

Admittedly, some do have a healthy perception of the Covid injection > it's just a means to lower someone's odds of contracting the virus. Same as the flu or pneumococcal vaccines.

And we're all on the road to death, so live as full as you can, hug your loved ones often, forgive your enemies, eat healthy if you prefer, and a whole host of things... but do not think a covid injection will prevent the inevitable. It will not and can not.
120 years tops is Promised.
It seems to be playing out day by day.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: ] #7295410
06/28/21 12:21 PM
06/28/21 12:21 PM
Lexington, Texas
Ricky Cox Offline
trapper
Ricky Cox  Offline
trapper

Lexington, Texas
Mark,

I pray you and your family are doing well. I agree with you that as a people, especially a people who claims to be Christians, there are many who have a hard time dealing with death. The bible tells us in James 4:14 that "yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes". In comparison with eternity our time on earth is ever so brief. That's why we need to be assured of our final destination in the short amount of time we have here on this earth. If we have loved ones who are followers of Christ and they pass away, there will be a time of mourning, but there should also be a peace which surpasses all understanding. We should be able to rejoice in the fact that we know they are in heaven.

In Christ,
Ricky Cox

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: ] #7295434
06/28/21 01:17 PM
06/28/21 01:17 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Mark June
Agreed Kansas Cat. Covid is just another grey among the black and white. Why do some try and put it in the same category as death. It can be a cause or a contributing cause of death but it's tiresome to see the spears come out over what is not death.

And the vaccine, in some people's thinking, seems to be a mystical magical way to thwart death and so far, of the folks I've seen on their final bed, I don't observe a whole bunch of lifestyle changes going on. Same old unhealthy habits (according to modern medicine) with a Covid injection for a quick fix.
There is no such thing.

Admittedly, some do have a healthy perception of the Covid injection > it's just a means to lower someone's odds of contracting the virus. Same as the flu or pneumococcal vaccines.

And we're all on the road to death, so live as full as you can, hug your loved ones often, forgive your enemies, eat healthy if you prefer, and a whole host of things... but do not think a covid injection will prevent the inevitable. It will not and can not.

Blessings!
Mark

A soon as you're born you begin to die.
One more breath-one day closer to death.
Make the best of your time.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Boco] #7295449
06/28/21 01:49 PM
06/28/21 01:49 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by Mark June

There is no such thing.

Blessings!
Mark

A soon as you're born you begin to die.
One more breath-one day closer to death.
Make the best of your time.

Amen and Amen.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7295482
06/28/21 03:19 PM
06/28/21 03:19 PM
Nebraska
silkyplainscoyot Offline
trapper
silkyplainscoyot  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I guess I find it amusing when Christians claim that Covid is a conspiracy when the Bible prophesied that we would see pestilences as the world nears it's last days.

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7295572
06/28/21 05:44 PM
06/28/21 05:44 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
So if post vaccinated 3 weeks out from pffizer, nothing worry about ? I never been tested an not rember be sick it

Re: Confirm my suspicions on covid [Re: Providence Farm] #7295580
06/28/21 05:53 PM
06/28/21 05:53 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
You will be fine coonman,millions of people have gotten the vaccines with no problems at all.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread