No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292735
06/24/21 09:08 AM
06/24/21 09:08 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Is best to just pull over and let them go around. Never worth having a confrontation that may end in death for something so trivial.

That said I'm older now. A few time when younger I did not follow that. One a guy ran me in a f250 pulling a dump trailer with tractor off the road. He was in a gas station service truck with smaller truck front end so it looked like the same model that ran the red light that killed my son. When I caught up to him and he took a swing at me well let's sat it didn't end well for him. But it did end up costing me 1000 in lawyer cost but everything got dropped.
Another time I had a car riding my bumper for a few miles on winding road. I was driving 8 over but the passenger keep throwing up his hands making punk gang like jesters. His woman was driving.

I got to the 4 way stop and got out. Ofcourse he jumped out to save face in front of his lady but stayed back behind his door. He mouthed off about going to slow tell I told him I was going 8 over. Then he moved to something else at that point(trying to get him to engage) I told him not to let trying to look like a big man in front of that skank get his butt handed to him in front of her. It could have ended poorly but he mumbled something and got back in the car.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/24/21 09:10 AM.
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292742
06/24/21 09:17 AM
06/24/21 09:17 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am always armed. I avoid those kinds of situation. I dont want things to end in a gun fight. I dont flip people off or yell out the window or any of that childish stuff. Its not worth it.

I did chew out somebody's wife one afternoon in Arkansas. I just about hit her as she raced around me then hit her brakes for a squirrel. At the red light I tried to explain to her what 40 tons would do to her little convertible. She kept saying I'm sorry. I told her I wasn't after an apology I wanted her to understand she could have been dead and I would likely be unharmed. I dont think I ever did really get through to her.

Last edited by danny clifton; 06/24/21 09:19 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292760
06/24/21 09:43 AM
06/24/21 09:43 AM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline
trapper
Macthediver  Offline
trapper

La Crosse, WI
I don't understand the people who seem to think they got to draft you..Is one piece of good 2 lane state hwy I drive often set my cruise at 55 mph posted limit and go..Seems is always some people got to run up on me from behind..Then they follow like two car lengths back. some at night are so close I can't see their head lights in rear view mirror. Some will go around if I slow a bit and there are plenty of places to do that safely. But there are always a few some even 18 wheels just ride my butt. I bump the cruise up and they stay right with me.. I just don't get why if they are at the same speed and want stay at same speed. They can't do it couple hundred feet back? Is like they drafting or something or scared to travel alone..Just got the nose on your bumper. Drives me nut.
Don't even want get started on the jack wagons on 4 lane. Think the left lane has no speed limit and for the people who really know how to drive.. Pretty much comes down to how it is with lots things now days
People only worrying about what their doing and want. Everyone else is the idiot.
Basic lack of courtesy and understanding of the consequences of what could happen.
Me and my and your and idiot in my way..

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: Gary Benson] #7292805
06/24/21 11:11 AM
06/24/21 11:11 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Yeah.....the red and blue lights are especially annoying.

lol

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292807
06/24/21 11:12 AM
06/24/21 11:12 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Drive the speed limit on any road around here and you'll have a whole herd of them riding your bumper.

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292809
06/24/21 11:17 AM
06/24/21 11:17 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
In most cities I drive thru during rush hour the traffic is hauling 20 mph over the posted speed limit.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: Gary Benson] #7292811
06/24/21 11:22 AM
06/24/21 11:22 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
I saw a sister jump out of her car at a stoplight when someone behind her honked their horn. She was ready to throw down.

I've told my wife not to honk the horn at people. It only pisses them off.

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292827
06/24/21 12:05 PM
06/24/21 12:05 PM
St. Croix County, Wisconsin
T
ToTheWoods Offline
trapper
ToTheWoods  Offline
trapper
T

St. Croix County, Wisconsin
I drive in the city quite abit and I see it the opposite of Mac. I agree that many are only concerned with themselves and don't pay a lick of attention to what is going on around them. If on a highway (multiple lanes) and you are not passing another vehicle then stay in the right lane where you belong. Riding the left lane whether you are traveling the speed limit or not you are asking for these type confrontations. Every state have signs and some have laws to keep SLOWER traffic to the right. Say nothing about whether or not you are driving the speed limit or not. So move. Yes I have a tendency to drive fast and will be courteous to my fellow drivers but it does become an issue when traffic gets backed up by an idiot that will not move over. Seeing a lot of semi drivers doing this more and more every day. I ride in the right unless going around another vehicle. If I am passing and going slower than a car coming up on me I will speed up to get around. Be courteous whether you are the fast guy or the slow guy. If your not expect whatever comes your way.

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: ToTheWoods] #7292846
06/24/21 12:35 PM
06/24/21 12:35 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Online content
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Online Content
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
Originally Posted by ToTheWoods
I drive in the city quite abit and I see it the opposite of Mac. I agree that many are only concerned with themselves and don't pay a lick of attention to what is going on around them. If on a highway (multiple lanes) and you are not passing another vehicle then stay in the right lane where you belong. Riding the left lane whether you are traveling the speed limit or not you are asking for these type confrontations. Every state have signs and some have laws to keep SLOWER traffic to the right. Say nothing about whether or not you are driving the speed limit or not. So move. Yes I have a tendency to drive fast and will be courteous to my fellow drivers but it does become an issue when traffic gets backed up by an idiot that will not move over. Seeing a lot of semi drivers doing this more and more every day. I ride in the right unless going around another vehicle. If I am passing and going slower than a car coming up on me I will speed up to get around. Be courteous whether you are the fast guy or the slow guy. If your not expect whatever comes your way.

Agree 100%. Slow drivers not in the right lane cause more problems than speeders on multi-lane roads. If you have folks passing you on both sides, you are in the way and creating a traffic hazard. Almost had a wreck happen behind me on the way home from the FTA due to this very situation where there were 4 lanes in each direction. The idiot that was stacking up traffic never did change lanes as far as I could see them.

Some places have signs up on interstates that say if you are not running the speed limit, stay out of the left lane but they are ignored just like the slower traffic keep right signs.

The other huge hazard on multi-lane roads are folks who do not know how to merge. Use the little pedal on the right and get up to speed to merge for goodness sake. Pulling out in front of someone going 20 mph more than you is a good way to get run over or cause someone else to get run over.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292855
06/24/21 12:42 PM
06/24/21 12:42 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Seeing a lot of semi drivers doing this

Todays companies are limiting the speed their trucks can go. Meanwhile the driver has an onboard computer that limits how much he can work while being pushed for more deliveries. So the guy whose truck is going 1/2 mile an hour faster is in the left lane blocking traffic for 12 miles. Chaps my hide too. Gets other drivers frustrated and then they do even more dumb stuff.

No way I would ever work for somebody that put a speed limiter on my truck. they are dangerous and out to be banned.

Woods its very common also to pull out and pass someone only to have them speed up. I believe often its done without even realizing it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292861
06/24/21 12:56 PM
06/24/21 12:56 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
We're having to take a detour right now due to road construction that's going to take years in different phases. I swear there's been an unannounced speed limit change from 55 to 35. It's a windy and hilly road. I've lost track of how many of the people have pulled off the road to let me by. Before that point I'm coasting and they're laying on the brakes to go around turns with suggested speed 10+mph faster than what they're going.

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: SNIPERBBB] #7292959
06/24/21 03:05 PM
06/24/21 03:05 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
We're having to take a detour right now due to road construction that's going to take years in different phases. I swear there's been an unannounced speed limit change from 55 to 35. It's a windy and hilly road. I've lost track of how many of the people have pulled off the road to let me by. Before that point I'm coasting and they're laying on the brakes to go around turns with suggested speed 10+mph faster than what they're going.

[Linked Image]

-Goofy-
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292983
06/24/21 03:42 PM
06/24/21 03:42 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝

[Linked Image]

Yes sir.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7292996
06/24/21 03:54 PM
06/24/21 03:54 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I like the interstates in Florida where they are 3 lane and semis are forbidden to use the left lane. Yes, the governors on trucks are a terrible idear.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7293243
06/24/21 09:13 PM
06/24/21 09:13 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I think it was George Carlin who said anyone driving faster than you is an idiot, and anyone driving slower than you is a moron.

Re: OT Driving Rant [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7293341
06/25/21 02:23 AM
06/25/21 02:23 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK

Alot of roads in Alaska suck and the hauls are long. Meeting a trucker coming around a corner that thinks he owns the ______g road can be interesting. Especially if it's gravel. Guaranteed to make you pucker.

formerly posting as white dog
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread