No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Cosby [Re: warrior] #7297861
07/02/21 09:29 AM
07/02/21 09:29 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 603
Paris, Arkansas
Dawg Catcher Offline
trapper
Dawg Catcher  Offline
trapper

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 603
Paris, Arkansas
Oh, I'm pretty sure Bill Cosby would be classified as a true scumbag Warrior don't you? if you don't think so just ask the family's involved in his perverted and warped escapades. If it were my loved one involved he wouldn't have been lucky enough for technicality's or courtroom deals. Now THAT would be justice when you think about all the lives caught up in his sorted twisted maniacal little world!


The Steel Toe Two Step.

Steve Cullison

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297872
07/02/21 09:45 AM
07/02/21 09:45 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,642
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERB🦝 Online happy
trapper
SNIPERB🦝  Online Happy
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,642
Rodney,Ohio
Justice rarely comes in the form that we would to see. Then again, some important person a long time ago said "Vengeance is mine"

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297909
07/02/21 10:38 AM
07/02/21 10:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,261
MN >>>
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,261
MN >>>
This could be debated forever; but, here are the facts:
  • Cosby is a jerk, probably as well liked as Derick Chauvin
  • Cosby was a serial womanizer
  • Cosby was offered (promised) immunity from prosecution if he answered questions for the civil cases
  • Cosby complied
  • Prosecutors reneged. said "just kidding" and prosecuted relentlessly, using Cosby's words from the civil trials as evidence.


Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297913
07/02/21 10:45 AM
07/02/21 10:45 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
Cosby is an idiot-anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.No exceptions to that.
And yes, lying is allowed to collect evidence.If you think otherwise you are naieve.

Re: Cosby [Re: Boco] #7297920
07/02/21 10:56 AM
07/02/21 10:56 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,642
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERB🦝 Online happy
trapper
SNIPERB🦝  Online Happy
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,642
Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Boco
Cosby is an idiot-anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.No exceptions to that.
And yes, lying is allowed to collect evidence.If you think otherwise you are naieve.

Maybe in Canada. Not in the US if laws and constitution is followed.

Re: Cosby [Re: SNIPERB🦝] #7297923
07/02/21 11:02 AM
07/02/21 11:02 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Originally Posted by Boco
Cosby is an idiot-anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.No exceptions to that.
And yes, lying is allowed to collect evidence.If you think otherwise you are naieve.

Maybe in Canada. Not in the US if laws and constitution is followed.


You're naieve.

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297926
07/02/21 11:20 AM
07/02/21 11:20 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,642
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERB🦝 Online happy
trapper
SNIPERB🦝  Online Happy
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,642
Rodney,Ohio
You can lie in many scenarios,but this one is really isn't lying. You had a prosecutor make a deal, then the new prosecutor breaks the deal.

Re: Cosby [Re: SNIPERB🦝] #7297929
07/02/21 11:23 AM
07/02/21 11:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 12,965
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 12,965
The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
You can lie in many scenarios,but this one is really isn't lying. You had a prosecutor make a deal, then the new prosecutor breaks the deal.


Maybe only free men can see the issue here grin


“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers


Re: Cosby [Re: Leftlane] #7297934
07/02/21 11:36 AM
07/02/21 11:36 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 11,962
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 11,962
ny
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
You can lie in many scenarios,but this one is really isn't lying. You had a prosecutor make a deal, then the new prosecutor breaks the deal.


Maybe only free men can see the issue here grin

Bingo.Up in Pakistanada they just do whatever the Man Queen says to do. grin


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297948
07/02/21 11:59 AM
07/02/21 11:59 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
You sure are suckers for the con,lol.
No wonder the lefties are kicking you around all the time.

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297949
07/02/21 12:00 PM
07/02/21 12:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,965
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 21,965
Wisconsin
I don't care what It takes to put the scum bags behind bars.


The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Cosby [Re: Boco] #7297951
07/02/21 12:04 PM
07/02/21 12:04 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 11,962
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 11,962
ny
Originally Posted by Boco
You sure are suckers for the con,lol.
No wonder the lefties are kicking you around all the time.

Your Man Queen hero still got them Canada Citizens in Quarantine? PAKISTANADA Hahahaaaaa grin You should pump up the tires on your house and go rescue them folks !!!!

Last edited by upstateNY; 07/02/21 12:11 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Cosby [Re: The Beav] #7297956
07/02/21 12:13 PM
07/02/21 12:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,930
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,930
Georgia
Originally Posted by The Beav
I don't care what It takes to put the scum bags behind bars.


That's just fine and dandy as long as your tribe controls the courts or until they turn on you.

Re: Cosby [Re: warrior] #7297960
07/02/21 12:17 PM
07/02/21 12:17 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,234
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 2,234
Indiana
Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by The Beav
I don't care what It takes to put the scum bags behind bars.


That's just fine and dandy as long as your tribe controls the courts or until they turn on you.


Winner^^^^

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297972
07/02/21 12:47 PM
07/02/21 12:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
Crime is a crime-why should you get a pass based on you're political stripe?
That has absolutely nothing to do with justice served.
Dont matter what side you're on if you committed a crime and are trying to get away with it for whatever reason you should be brought to justice.
I agree with the Beav.
I dont agree with torture to get a confession.

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297980
07/02/21 01:16 PM
07/02/21 01:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,930
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,930
Georgia
What is a crime?

Something so horrendous that we can all agree that it is beyond the pale?

Something that I or you or some other power decrees as such?

The first is known as malum in se or wrong in fact.

The latter malum in prohibitum or wrong because we say so.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The distinction between malum in se and malum prohibitum offenses is best characterized as follows: a malum in se offense is "naturally evil as adjudged by the sense of a civilized community," whereas a malum prohibitum offense is wrong only because a statute makes it so.


So do we forget all rules that preserve the rights of the individual if the former is on trial yet we expect the rules to apply in the latter?

Where is the line drawn?

Just who and what gets to declare what is malum prihibitum? Me, you, your ex wife? What measures can be taken to prosecute?

Again, I think we can all agree that what Cosby was accused, charged and eventually convicted of is clearly malum in se and fully deserving of punishment. However at what point on this sliding scale of to what degree do we strip a man of his innate sovereignity in the pursuit of justice? This actually has nothing at all to do with Mr Cosby and everything to do with what you or I should expect to receive in the face of state power.

We as Canadians and Americans share a common history and culture to include the basis of our legal system and we both hold to english common law and one of the greatest commentaries on the subject is Blackstone's Commentaries. This quote is from that source.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer. as expressed by the English jurist William Blackstone in his seminal work Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in the 1760s.




Last edited by warrior; 07/02/21 01:17 PM.
Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297982
07/02/21 01:22 PM
07/02/21 01:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,930
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,930
Georgia
In my book a crime far far worse than rape is the innocent suffering at the hands of the state.

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297992
07/02/21 02:02 PM
07/02/21 02:02 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 609
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 609
Idaho
The prosecutor should have never made a deal with Cosby. In my mind rape is on par or worse than murder. But. . . the prosecutor did make the deal. A legal deal. Made because they didn't have evidence to convict Cosby on. (basically they had no evidence, just a bunch of womens hearsay, and these women never came out and accused him until many years after it would have been possible to obtain evidence, which brings their testimony into considerable doubt. Especially against someone famous, with the kind of money Cosby had, and outspoken on politics, all of which made him a vulnerable target for a smear campaign).

No whether I agree with the deal or not, it was a legal deal, and should have held. Is it a travesty that he spent three years in jail? No, in the sense that he deserves much worse. But. . . it is a travesty that he was even prosecuted, much less found guilty and it took three years to overturn, because he had a written, legal deal, and all evidence was unadmissable because of that deal. If it would have been someone like most of those on this site, with a few thousands of dollars in the bank instead of millions, do you think we would have ever seen the light of day? Doesn't matter what the crime was, the fact that the "justice system" broke the rules and charged and convicted him despite their clear legal inability to do so is what is really scary.

Personally I think the prosecutor that prosecuted him, and the judge who oversaw the case and didn't throw it out of court, deserve at a minimum to serve the same sentence he did, plus pay all reperations out of their own pocket. They should be thrown in general population at the state prison for three years and see how they like it.

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297993
07/02/21 02:02 PM
07/02/21 02:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 603
Paris, Arkansas
Dawg Catcher Offline
trapper
Dawg Catcher  Offline
trapper

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 603
Paris, Arkansas
It always chaps my hide whenever a real scumbag gets off for any reason and a technicality is one of the worst.. This creature was a predator and preyed on unsuspecting innocent woman for years and admitted it.. I would've been perfectly okay if this miscible piece of human excrement stayed in jail till his dying day. Something truly heinous about this crime of secretly drugging and incapacitating victims and then sit back and watch his handiwork as his prey slowly lose their facilities enough where they could no longer defend themselves. something truly evil about this kind of bottom dweller so excuse me if i'm not all broke up about a prosecutor pulling a fast one on him. Score one for the good guys except for the fact he's back on the streets again. The statute of limitations is what saved Cosby from the majority of his accusers or he'd of had 10 life sentences..


The Steel Toe Two Step.

Steve Cullison

Re: Cosby [Re: Fisher Man] #7297997
07/02/21 02:13 PM
07/02/21 02:13 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 32,519
james bay frontierOnt.
Well,its easy enough to circumvent bothersome laws.
Just look what was done after 911.What was it called-Rendering-or something like that?
Round them up-transport to a more "friendly" jurisdiction and torture the crap out of them till they admit to anything -made up or not.
Verbal deception played on Cosby (who was trying to slither his way out) by authorities is nothing-you still have your right to remain silent.

So quit with the holier than thou BS.

Last edited by Boco; 07/02/21 02:18 PM.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread