No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7298537
07/03/21 02:21 PM
07/03/21 02:21 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
grown men do not think (and usually they are correct) that they will be held accountable for their actions so why would you think some 9 year old kids would?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7298544
07/03/21 02:44 PM
07/03/21 02:44 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
What is the difference between playing cowboy and Indian wars then and video games today?

Lack of consequences I believe is a big part of the problem.

In today's video games the killing is the entertainment, the excitement . In western movies the violence was part of the show and it was usually in the context of good using violence as a last resort to stop the bad person that was willing to use violence against innocent people. It wasn't killing for the sport of it as modern videos are. And it wasn't hour after hour of it 7 days a week. Will video game make everyone a murder? No. Neither will a drink make everyone an alcoholic. Some people are closer to the edge than others, so to speak, because of a number of other factors and therefore the constant excitement of killing humans for sport on games can push them over the edge to the point they act it out in real life.

Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7298575
07/03/21 03:37 PM
07/03/21 03:37 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Agree

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: What is wrong..... [Re: cmcf] #7298787
07/03/21 10:08 PM
07/03/21 10:08 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I feel that the knowledge regarding mental health or unstable and dysfunctional behavior is not as unknown as we think it to be. Drug companies are making fortunes selling mental health related drugs and if we sat down and really researched it, spent time studying it better and working on solutions, trillions over time would be lost. Not very likely to get a culture that needs reality shows to better understand reality to even think about getting better as we are accepting that a medicated view of life is better than dealing with reality.

Bryce

Re: What is wrong..... [Re: KeithC] #7298829
07/03/21 11:14 PM
07/03/21 11:14 PM
W NY
Turtledale Online content
trapper
Turtledale  Online Content
trapper

W NY
Originally Posted by KeithC
Old, wholesome, TV shows, like the "Rifleman" were violent too. Lucas McCain, the main character kills 120 people in168 episodes. 245 people die in the "Rifleman". McCain usually kills with his rifle, but people also are impaled on pitchforks, choked while swallowing dirt thinking it's water, clubbed to death, strangled and stabbed to death with a sharpened steak bone.

In "Bonanza", Little Joe was shot 18 times, Ben was shot 14 times, Hoss was shot 11 times, and Adam was shot 6 times. Many hundreds of other characters are killed.

Keith

These shows also came with a moral to the story
Video games do not.
Such a sad story, hopefully society gets out of this toilet but I don't have too much hope with the new morals we seem to be teaching todays youth in schools

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7298832
07/03/21 11:19 PM
07/03/21 11:19 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think pschyco babblers can diagnose but thats it. The science is too new. The drugs they prescribe dont really work very well.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7298942
07/04/21 09:15 AM
07/04/21 09:15 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Yes Sir said
In today's video games the killing is the entertainment, the excitement . In western movies the violence was part of the show and it was usually in the context of good using violence as a last resort to stop the bad person that was willing to use violence against innocent people. It wasn't killing for the sport of it as modern videos are. And it wasn't hour after hour of it 7 days a week. Will video game make everyone a murder? No. Neither will a drink make everyone an alcoholic. Some people are closer to the edge than others, so to speak, because of a number of other factors and therefore the constant excitement of killing humans for sport on games can push them over the edge to the point they act it out in real life.

That is right in line with what Dave Grossman describes in his book "On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and Peace." It's a book well worth taking the time to read. Grossman makes the point that modern video games mimic the same training given to war fighters to desensitize them to the abnormal act of taking another person's life. It has played out in many of the mass shootings in recent times where the shooter does not stop at killing the original target but continues to shoot at any target of opportunity, similar to a scenario common in the video games.

Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7299024
07/04/21 10:59 AM
07/04/21 10:59 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Mental health can be treated in many cases some not. We cannot lock all the mental health issue people away as we once did. Today we wait for them to commit a crime then lock them away. A friend of mine is a long time prison officer, he says 80% of their clientele is now mental health patients. We also cannot make people take medication. Once out and unsupervised they may choose to not take their medications or follow a routine of medication. Once people reenter their health issue it is a continued cycle once again.

Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7299026
07/04/21 11:10 AM
07/04/21 11:10 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
with kids now a days?

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/07/02/boy...rlNWC5Rx-_dNVdjviW_hfhxLx0HwS_tG83NoWTp4

WESTMINSTER, S.C. (AP) - Investigators say an 8-year-old and a 9-year-old boy have been charged with killing a man who was shot with a rifle while cutting down brush in a South Carolina field.

Oconee County Sheriff Mike Crenshaw says both boys shot at Danny Andrew Smith with a rifle as he rode his tractor in the field near Westminster on June 23.

The sheriff says Smith was shot once in the back, but investigators charged both boys because they both fired the gun in Smith’s direction.

The boys are charged as juveniles in Family Court and their names were not released.

They claim they kilt the man that kilt their daddy.

When I was that age, I roamed the woods all the time with a gun. I shot a lot of squirrels, rabbits, woodchucks, sometimes sparrows if I couldn't find better game. But never in my life did it ever even occur to me to shoot a human with my gun. What the heck would make two normal little boys decide to end a man's life?

Who is John Galt?
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7299028
07/04/21 11:13 AM
07/04/21 11:13 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Mental hospitals used to be communities. Hospitals had dairies and truck farms. The people who could all had jobs. Worked well. We didn't have mentally ill living on the streets.

I think its a lot like saying a 15 year old can't consent to sex because their mental faculty's are not fully developed. No one I know has a problem with that. Yet somehow we think the mentally ill should be able to choose homelessness and refuse their medication.

There are movies and novels about evil Dr's but if several mental health professionals say that a person talking to voices in their head has a mental illness, a judge should be able to order they are committed to a hospital .

I think the reason its not still done is money. Its cheaper to give them 600 a month in disability and let them sleep under a bridge.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7299031
07/04/21 11:26 AM
07/04/21 11:26 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
More red flag laws for the nutbars.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What is wrong..... [Re: yotetrapper30] #7299033
07/04/21 11:30 AM
07/04/21 11:30 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia

Re: What is wrong..... [Re: danny clifton] #7299038
07/04/21 11:37 AM
07/04/21 11:37 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by danny clifton
its a lot like saying a 15 year old can't consent to sex because their mental faculty's are not fully developed.

Cant consent to sex,,,yet the libtards say they can consent to CHANGING their sex.Country has gone south in a hand basket.We need the Libtards out.

Last edited by upstateNY; 07/04/21 07:07 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread